Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware upgrade and Assistant
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansad20ecee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5483068 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

My Assistant can´t give me information about my spare batteries, or upgrade its firmware.
I would like to downgrade this firmware, but this option is not available on my Assistant.
My Phantom does fly , but not smoothly specially going forward, and the speed is not the same.
2017-7-17
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Salut! At this moment we can't downgrade the firmware. I find mine behaves almost OK in Normal mode. I get the wobbling in Draw Mode.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We do not recommend downgrading the firmware, and the latest firmware will be the optimisation to the previous version.
How did you say the drone is not smooth when using especially forward and the speed is not the same.
Actually, the custom settings will be restored to factory default after firmware upgrading, so you can try to calibrate the RC. if you want the drone to be more sensitive, you can adjust the Gain setting on the Main Controller Setting. But be careful to adjust this function if one is not that professional or not very familiar with the flight skills.
2017-7-18
Use props
Loreto
lvl.3
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 00:07
We do not recommend downgrading the firmware, and the latest firmware will be the optimisation to the previous version.
How did you say the drone is not smooth when using especially forward and the speed is not the same.
Actually, the custom settings will be restored to factory default after firmware upgrading, so you can try to calibrate the RC. if you want the drone to be more sensitive, you can adjust the Gain setting on the Main Controller Setting. But be careful to adjust this function if one is not that professional or not very familiar with the flight skills.

Woobling is the best explanation to what it happends when moving forward. It is scary. Sideways and backward is normal and smooth. I still can rotate around a point of interest. The maintenance of a steady position during a panorama shot was very good. What bothers me is the forward woobling. Before this firmware update I had a normal machine, and now, I have 80% one. Not good. That's why I want to downgrade, and have my machine back.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sorry for the trouble that had been caused. Just to verify, did you mean that when the drone drift when moving forward?
Had you tried to calibrate the IMU and the compass of the drone? Try to see whether it works.
Or if it still performs the same, could you please provide an original video of this case?
2017-7-18
Use props
Loreto
lvl.3
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 05:06
Sorry for the trouble that had been caused. Just to verify, did you mean that when the drone drift when moving forward?
Had you tried to calibrate the IMU and the compass of the drone? Try to see whether it works.
Or if it still performs the same, could you please provide an original video of this case?

Thanks for your reply.
No, not drifting. When moving forward it maintains  the course (direction and altitude), but it has small  tilted oscilations. (small accelerations and de-accelerations).
Yes I have calibrated 3x the IMU, and once the compass. The  IMU calibration procedure is new, completely different of what we had previously, and I don´t know if the fact of being inside an apartment (a wired box) with a compass error, gives the correct calibration. I will try to film my PH4 during forward flight, so you can have a better ideia.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Loreto Posted at 2017-7-18 05:19
Thanks for your reply.
No, not drifting. When moving forward it maintains  the course (direction and altitude), but it has small  tilted oscilations. (small accelerations and de-accelerations).
Yes I have calibrated 3x the IMU, and once the compass. The  IMU calibration procedure is new, completely different of what we had previously, and I don´t know if the fact of being inside an apartment (a wired box) with a compass error, gives the correct calibration. I will try to film my PH4 during forward flight, so you can have a better ideia.

Thanks for your cooperation. If it's possible, could you please also list the firmware of your drone now? Exactly the latest v02.00.0106?
BTW, you can calibrate IMU once you power on your drone and connect it with your app in a water level.
2017-7-18
Use props
Loreto
lvl.3
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 22:24
Thanks for your cooperation. If it's possible, could you please also list the firmware of your drone now? Exactly the latest v02.00.0106?
BTW, you can calibrate IMU once you power on your drone and connect it with your app in a water level.

Ys V02.00.0106
Yesterday I managed to re-install this firmware using a special feature of iOS DJI GO (10 sec. on the upper right menu symbol). I have re-calibrated the IMU and Gimble, and the values where OK very low. I went to test it, but it gave me a IMU error, than disappeared the error message, but the values where green but higher. I have  fly with coution, because it was not a smooth atitude in any direction. Today I will calibrate the IMU again but on the floor (yestarday I have used a metal table, and during the movements could cause vibration). The video is not very near but here it is : https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... aF9zdGs?usp=sharing
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Loreto Posted at 2017-7-18 22:57
Ys V02.00.0106
Yesterday I managed to re-install this firmware using a special feature of iOS DJI GO (10 sec. on the upper right menu symbol). I have re-calibrated the IMU and Gimble, and the values where OK very low. I went to test it, but it gave me a IMU error, than disappeared the error message, but the values where green but higher. I have  fly with coution, because it was not a smooth atitude in any direction. Today I will calibrate the IMU again but on the floor (yestarday I have used a metal table, and during the movements could cause vibration). The video is not very near but here it is : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByoxF72qJNyHb1I1MTB2aF9zdGs?usp=sharing

Thank you for your feedback, would you mind providing us with your DJI account and we will push a beta firmware for you to upgrade? Please upgrade it and test, then upload the flight log for a further analysis. We would really appreciate your assistance.
2017-7-19
Use props
usarfireman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Hi you are one of many that have this problem they released the firmware without proper testing and its grounded so many drones as people are scared to fly them now have a look at a few other threads regarding this major problem.
2017-7-20
Use props
Loreto
lvl.3
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 23:07
Thank you for your feedback, would you mind providing us with your DJI account and we will push a beta firmware for you to upgrade? Please upgrade it and test, then upload the flight log for a further analysis. We would really appreciate your assistance.

Thanks for your response. My Dji account  email is ribas.santiago@icloud.com
I have re-calibrate "better" the IMU, (values between 0-6 for IMU, and 0-2 to the gyroscope) but it is still woobling when going forward. I have update my Flight records using dji GO, please let me know if this is the correct way to upload the flight log.
Thanks
2017-7-20
Use props
Loreto
lvl.3
  • >>>
Portugal

usarfireman Posted at 2017-7-20 00:05
Hi you are one of many that have this problem they released the firmware without proper testing and its grounded so many drones as people are scared to fly them now have a look at a few other threads regarding this major problem.

Thanks for your feedback.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Loreto Posted at 2017-7-20 09:13
Thanks for your response. My Dji account  email is ribas.santiago@icloud.com
I have re-calibrate "better" the IMU, (values between 0-6 for IMU, and 0-2 to the gyroscope) but it is still woobling when going forward. I have update my Flight records using dji GO, please let me know if this is the correct way to upload the flight log.
Thanks

Thank you for the feedback, I'd informed your address to our engineer and they will release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update later.
The flight logs we needed would be the data after flying with the beta FW. It is exported by DJI Assistant 2, please and upload it to Dropbox, here's the tutorial:
Thanks again.
2017-7-20
Use props
Loreto
lvl.3
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-20 19:00
Thank you for the feedback, I'd informed your address to our engineer and they will release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update later.
The flight logs we needed would be the data after flying with the beta FW. It is exported by DJI Assistant 2, please and upload it to Dropbox, here's the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg&index=3&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r
Thanks again.

thanks. OK, I will wait for this beta firmware.
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules