Phantom grounded - DJI account no longer recognised on GO App
982 16 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1430 ft
France

Hopefully someone has the same problem, but after not flying for nearly a week, suddenly today I can no longer fly!
DJI account does not recognise my log-in, "Go Fly" is now a dumb button, though occassionally it connects but then I receive super bad signal transmission even before take off!
Any help suggestions much appreciated??

2017-7-17
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
France

Is this some new security procedure that's been slipped in that we were not informed about?
2017-7-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Not sure if this method will save you any more turmoil.  But it can't hurt.  
Please try to reload the app. Delete it, get rid of your internet cache and cookies, reboot your device, reinstall the app and try it again.

Synch your previous flight first,  if you wish to save them, then give it a try.
Resynch to restore the older files... Good luck.

RedHotPoker
2017-7-17
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
France

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-7-17 13:22
Not sure if this method will save you any more turmoil.  But it can't hurt.  
Please try to reload the app. Delete it, get rid of your internet cache and cookies, reboot your device, reinstall the app and try it again.

Im on the P4P+ integrated display
2017-7-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alpine Force 1 Posted at 2017-7-17 14:11
Im on the P4P+ integrated display

Can you go to dji.com on a pc and get your account details reset (forgot user name or password ) ?
2017-7-17
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
France

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-17 15:01
Can you go to dji.com on a pc and get your account details reset (forgot user name or password ) ?

yeah I've done that, logged back in, but "GO FLY" just doesn't respond on every boot up??  I can still take off but no camera function whatsover, I just see the DJI Wallpaper Splash screen we all see.
Maybe Restore Factory Defaults for Firmware?

Be great if the Assistant desktop App had a Diagnostic tool with it :/
2017-7-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alpine Force 1 Posted at 2017-7-17 15:17
yeah I've done that, logged back in, but "GO FLY" just doesn't respond on every boot up??  I can still take off but no camera function whatsover, I just see the DJI Wallpaper Splash screen we all see.

Aloha Alpine,

From what you are saying, I would do as RedHot suggests.  If that does not work, a phone call to DJI support may be in order to get it straightened out.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-17 15:35
Aloha Alpine,

From what you are saying, I would do as RedHot suggests.  If that does not work, a phone call to DJI support may be in order to get it straightened out.

Or go on the DJI chat program and talk directly to an online DJI rep. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-7-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alpine Force 1 Posted at 2017-7-17 15:17

Aloha Alpine,

As RedHot says, be sure you get a live person.  Emails should only be after you have communicated with a live person.  This is true with any company or service.  Customers are regularly lost in email systems if they have not spoken with a human first.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Did you get any hints on the screen of the app? Had you tried to restore factory defaults: Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory Data Reset?
2017-7-17
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
France

yeap done all the factory resets, just no camera visuals, I can fly VLOS totally fine, but beyond that I am blind!? even though the Drone hasn't been touched for a week, unless some insects got in to my drone bag and went on a chewing rampage!? Is it time to consider a new camera ribbon?? as that is what I'm getting in search with my symptoms, very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!

Any air/liquid/sealed tight Phantom cases available yet?
2017-7-19
Use props
Colonel B
New
Flight distance : 43 ft
United States

I'm having very similar issue with P3S.  Won't allow me to fly without linking to a phone number, but the only phone number they allow is in China.  My log in credentials are valid, but it requires a phone number.
2017-7-19
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
France

basically have to take it in to my nearest DJI authorized repair center, I could open up the back of the camera, and look at the ribbon fittings, but I'd probably only make it worse!  
Unaware that the ribbon area of the Phantom's is extremely delicate, I would of considered another Drone, hence flying a week ago with no problems putting it in the same backpack for storage with *Gimbal Guard* in the same location where it always goes, then to unpack and attempt to fly but with no camera functionality is VERY strange!
DJI should make new Phantom owners aware of the delicate camera housing and ribbon, and that it may just decide to not work one day! grrrr
2017-7-26
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
France

So I was asked to pay €800 for a new camera and gimbal, or take it to the Holland DJI repair branch and expect to wait 30 days, erm so I am thinking about opening the back of the gimbal up and just looking for any loose connections...
any advice much appreciated as always
2017-7-27
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
France

... the DJI authorised repair center only deal with Motorisation and Aircraft units only, not RC's or Camera's
2017-7-27
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
France

is it worth downgrading firmware to the very first Firmware version? Is it still available?
2017-8-9
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
France

NB, BUY DJI CARE REFRESH!!!

basically can not getaway from the fact that I have to pay £750 for a new camera!!!

During it's last fight, with the screen suddenly decided to receive fuzzy lines 5/10 minutes into flight, then reception dropping out completely, can't help but feel you've been hard done by DJI, as it appears over P4P+ users have a similar issues, you HAVE to pay out for another camera after 4 months after ownership, just to make you buy a new camera! So basically expect to pay more like 2.5k for your  Pro, not 1500! Gggrrrr
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules