Guy flying close to planes - arrested!
1421 7 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

so glad. there was a post about this guy somewhere and the video really made me sad. Good to know he is being dealt with...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/dji-dro ... viv-airport-1630650

People like this give us all a bad name!
2017-7-17
Use props
michaelts
lvl.2
United States

Here is link to the BBC story: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40633913

Here is link to YouTube:
2017-7-17
Use props
michaelts
lvl.2
United States

The BBC articles says: "DJI - the Chinese-maker of the Mavic Pro - has also condemned the filming. 'We stand ready to assist national aviation authorities as they investigate a recent wave of photos and videos showing clear and intentional lawbreaking in ways that pose real danger to manned air traffic,' it said in a statement. DJI said its drones came equipped with software that should prevent them flying within five miles (8km) of Sde Dov airport unless the feature had been disabled."

2017-7-17
Use props
michaelts
lvl.2
United States

Wow, the guy has owned the drone for only two months, and already flies right next to the landing path of the planes, and right above densely crowded areas. Amazing!

2017-7-17
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

What a tool. Good thing he has been arrested and had his drone and equipment taken off him! Such a nob. Hopefully he finds his way to a prison instead of house arrest for 5 days!
2017-7-17
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

GCBrent Posted at 2017-7-17 14:59
What a tool. Good thing he has been arrested and had his drone and equipment taken off him! Such a nob. Hopefully he finds his way to a prison instead of house arrest for 5 days!

Imagine the interesting conversations he and his new cell mates could have.....
2017-7-17
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm glad they caught this dummy.  I hope the laws there are very strict. IF the Mavic is hacked, I hope they really throw the book at him and make an example of him...
2017-7-17
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Thanks to those of you that found the link to the actual video. I think it was originally posted here, but I was in a hurry yesterday. once I saw it I absolutely had to share his arrest. I have been flying drones for literally years and would never even think about doing something this dumb.
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules