Dji Goggles in Beginner Mode?
3419 5 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2eb5276e
New
United States

I bought the new Goggles and hooked them up via USB port to my P4P drone.  When I am in LiveView it only lets me go a distance of 50m and will not let me go any further. I've been in sports mode p mode and the other one (cant think of it right now). Also I hooked the iPad back up to it and made sure that the beginner mode was turned off and the max distance was not 50m (set to max distance).

No where on the goggles can I find max distance so I'm not really sure what the heck is going on... Has anybody  ran across this or possibly know the solution?

Thanks!
2017-7-17
Use props
KBeamer
New
Flight distance : 4255 ft
United States

Same problem here.  Hopefully someone has an answer.
2017-7-17
Use props
Kmelx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211870 ft
United Kingdom

KBeamer Posted at 2017-7-17 19:04
Same problem here.  Hopefully someone has an answer.

Since the last firmware update, you have to connect a phone or tablet which is signed into the DJI GO APP before every flight to unlock the drone out of beginner mode.

As the goggles don't appear to have the full DJI APP you have to connect a phone or tablet, get the drone to go fly, which will remove the beginner mode flight restriction unplug the phone or tablet and then you can fly as normal without restrictions.

It's a pretty poor design choice from DJI.
2017-7-17
Use props
Fant0mas
lvl.2

Canada

Kmelx Posted at 2017-7-17 22:41
Since the last firmware update, you have to connect a phone or tablet which is signed into the DJI GO APP before every flight to unlock the drone out of beginner mode.

As the goggles don't appear to have the full DJI APP you have to connect a phone or tablet, get the drone to go fly, which will remove the beginner mode flight restriction unplug the phone or tablet and then you can fly as normal without restrictions.

Here are the steps to "temporally" remove the 50M limit:

1- Power Up the Spark & the Controller (wait for the green light)
2- Connect the Phone to the Controller
3- Start DJI GO app
4- Press "Go Fly"
5- Disconnect the Phone from the Controller
6- Connect the Goggles
7- Go Fly and Hope for the best

Why make things simple when one can make them complicated?
Are you listening DJI? Remove that ridiculous limit!
If we want to fly in Beginner Mode, we will turn it on ourselves.
2017-9-5
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Hope this helps, Connect the Googgle to the Drone once connected go to the remote and click on the MC setting and distance and change it 8000m. and the height to 500m above it and it should work. I have done it and have no issues after.

Another update to this, power your drone up and remote controller once sysnced then connect your googles and the flight restrictions will synce with the control.
2017-9-9
Use props
fansa19635bc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57372 ft

what a nightmare, drove 20 miles away to fly with goggles only to find it in beginner mode, and did not have my tablet with me, GRRRRRRRR DJI
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules