Flight distance : 30046 ft

battery to dead let it recharge until it stop chargeing
2018-7-20
Use props
CaBob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3002 ft
United States

I’ve only had this DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ about 1-1/2 weeks and have not flown it outside yet due to the following problem.  At first, all was well and I was utilizing the drone simulator.  I then power it down for the day and the next day I powered up the control device and drone.  It says on the control device that I am connected to the Phantom 4 Pro+ but it has a continued on and off beeping sound as well as a red blinking light next to the battery lights from the time the equipment is turned on and stays on until powered down.  Regardless of these two problems, it will allow me to use the simulator.  The firmware is current, batteries are fully charged, and sticks are at mid-point.  When I power down the drone, the screen says “connect to your device” which I believe is normal, but the beeping sound as well as the blinking red light continues.  I will not use this product any further until I can locate the problem and take care of it.  I will graciously accept any help that I receive.  Thank you.
2018-8-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

CaBob Posted at 2018-8-3 09:50
I’ve only had this DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ about 1-1/2 weeks and have not flown it outside yet due to the following problem.  At first, all was well and I was utilizing the drone simulator.  I then power it down for the day and the next day I powered up the control device and drone.  It says on the control device that I am connected to the Phantom 4 Pro+ but it has a continued on and off beeping sound as well as a red blinking light next to the battery lights from the time the equipment is turned on and stays on until powered down.  Regardless of these two problems, it will allow me to use the simulator.  The firmware is current, batteries are fully charged, and sticks are at mid-point.  When I power down the drone, the screen says “connect to your device” which I believe is normal, but the beeping sound as well as the blinking red light continues.  I will not use this product any further until I can locate the problem and take care of it.  I will graciously accept any help that I receive.  Thank you.

Try calibrating your RC, beeping and red light flashing can be an indication it needs calibrated, which is a two minute job and easy to do.

2018-8-3
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 22:46
Did you get any warning or reminder on the app's screen? There are 4 types cases with a beeping RC in the majority situation:
1. Extremely low battery, charger it;
2. Firmware upgrading failure, upgrade it again;

@DJI Thor

I am having the same issue. With drone off and power on controller I get the instant beeping.  From your post:

Did you get any warning or reminder on the app's screen? There are 4 types cases with a beeping RC in the majority situation:
1. Extremely low battery, charger it;  -> FULL charge
2. Firmware upgrading failure, upgrade it again; -> At latest FW
3. RC sticks are not at the midpoint, calibrate it;
4. Disconnect with the drone after 5mins, re-link the drone and the RC.
If none above is your case, could you please tell us what drone are you using and try to check the firmware to see if it needs to upgrade.

If I recalibrate the sticks it will go away.  However, I don't feel I should have to do this on every flight.
Btw no warnings or messages on the Go4 App

I have not tried re-linking the controller yet
2018-8-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-8-12 04:44
@DJI Thor

I am having the same issue. With drone off and power on controller I get the instant beeping.  From your post:

How long after powering up does it beep ?

As far as I remember if you leave it switched on but not active then it will start beeping after five minutes as a way of reminding you it is still powered up. Moving the sticks silences it.
2018-8-12
Use props
CaBob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3002 ft
United States

I found the answer.  The beeping starts the moment the controller and drone is turned in.  I went into the callibration mode on everything and the beeping stopped.
2018-8-12
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

I’m new to this but I did find
2018-8-12
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Whoops sorry wrong button.... lol... anyway on my RC I have a soft button that when pushed turns on this very annoying beeping that beeps till I push the button again. Don’t know if that helps but that’s all I got . Sorry !Good luck.
2018-8-12
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Whoops sorry wrong button.... lol... anyway on my RC I have a soft button that when pushed turns on this very annoying beeping that beeps till I push the button again. Don’t know if that helps but that’s all I got . Sorry !Good luck.
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-8-12 04:44
@DJI Thor

I am having the same issue. With drone off and power on controller I get the instant beeping.  From your post:

Hi there, just to verify, you only get the beeping when the RC is on, right? How about starting the RC and AC? As you mentioned that the beeping will disappear when you calibrate the RC, please refer to Aardvark's answer on 45#, or it might be the sticks are not in the central position. Did the controller has an impact damage before? If yes, you are advised to send the RC in for diagnosis. Please contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case for a further help. Thank you.
2018-8-12
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-8-12 22:24
Hi there, just to verify, you only the beeping when the RC is on, right? How about starting the RC and AC? As you mentioned that the beeping will disappear when you calibrate the RC, please refer to Aardvark's answer on 45#, or it might be the sticks are not in the central position. Did the controller has an impact damage before? If yes, you are advised to send the RC in for diagnosis. Please contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case for a further help. Thank you.

Thanks DJI Thor

Beeping occurs immediately when powering on Controller with AC NOT connected.

Again re calibrating sticks resolves.   I suspect HW issue

I do have DJI Care for this but hate to use my 1 and only repair for a controller issue.

GOOD news: I still have another P4P controller (from when my first P4P crashed).  I could pair that controller and see what happens.  If that works fine then yes controller issue needing HW fixing.

Btw if I didn't want to use my Care repair on this, would it still get repaired - if so what cost and how long approx?

Thanks
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-8-14 04:48
Thanks DJI Thor

Beeping occurs immediately when powering on Controller with AC NOT connected.

Thank you for getting back, DeputyDawgAtl. Just to verify, you are flying the Phantom 4 Pro, right? If yes, please kindly note that  DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover the damage of the RC.
In your case, I suggest that you send the RC in, the local team will help to check and see if it is a warranty case, if the RC is within the warranty period, you don't need to pay the repair. As for the turnaround time, according to your IP, generally, it might be 6-8 business days except shipping. Please start a case first.
BTW, if you need a tutorial for pairing the RC and AC, you can refer to the video below. Please ensure the firmware consistency before linking. Thanks.
2018-8-14
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-8-14 05:30
Thank you for getting back, DeputyDawgAtl. Just to verify, you are flying the Phantom 4 Pro, right? If yes, please kindly note that  DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover the damage of the RC.
In your case, I suggest that you send the RC in, the local team will help to check and see if it is a warranty case, if the RC is within the warranty period, you don't need to pay the repair. As for the turnaround time, according to your IP, generally, it might be 6-8 business days except shipping. Please start a case first.
BTW, if you need a tutorial for pairing the RC and AC, you can refer to the video below. Please ensure the firmware consistency before linking. Thanks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKa8F1rsx-o&index=15&t=1s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBM-fOkD1ld-66C51JRCMnat

Thanks, I highly doubt it is in warranty as I bought it May 2017.

Will it be fixed or another sent back?  Assuming not in warranty do you know the rough cost of repair?
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-8-14 08:53
Thanks, I highly doubt it is in warranty as I bought it May 2017.

Will it be fixed or another sent back?  Assuming not in warranty do you know the rough cost of repair?

As the controller has 12 months' warranty, it might not the cover by warranty if you purchased it in May last year.
As for the repair cost and whether it will be repaired or replace, the local team will need to make a damage assessment when they receive your RC. There is an accessories inquiry chart for your reference: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery,Thanks.
2018-8-15
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-8-15 18:38
As the controller has 12 months' warranty, it might not the cover by warranty if you purchased it in May last year.
As for the repair cost and whether it will be repaired or replace, the local team will need to make a damage assessment when they receive your RC. There is an accessories inquiry chart for your reference: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery. Thanks.

Thanks DJIThor

But that link doesn't work ):
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-8-22 06:23
Thanks DJIThor

But that link doesn't work ):

Sorry, I had edited the post, please try again. See if it works.
2018-8-23
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-8-23 06:20
Sorry, I had edited the post, please try again. See if it works.

Nope link still doesn't work

Btw I was finally able (due to schedule and weather) re-link my old controller.

It seems to work fine.  Newer one still beeps every time.

So I would agree it needs to be serviced.    Just trying to find out the best estimate on cost before sending in - see if its worth it
Btw I was on the DJI page and found the page you sent.  Looks like controllers are $65 USD to fix.

I submitted the order and will get it shipped out.

Thanks for your help
2018-8-26
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-8-26 04:47
Nope link still doesn't work

Btw I was finally able (due to schedule and weather) re-link my old controller.

DJI Thor,

For what it's worth, I shipped my controller back today.  The label is UPS Ground from GA to CA.  UPS hints it will get there end of day Friday.

BTW in case this helps, case#:  CAS-2167777-V4M6Q1
2018-8-27
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

I had a similar issue a couple weeks back and ended up having to send the rc and ac in for repairs BUT i was finally able to get the constant beeping stopped by doing a refresh several times and relinking the remote to the ac but i'm sure there is someone on this forum that has WAY more experience then i do with this stuff. But one thing for sure youve got to make sure all the cables are good and your internet speed and connection is constant and full 100% battery charge both rc and battery. Thats my story and i'm sticking to it. Good luck my fellow drone dude ! or Gal.. sorry !
2018-8-27
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

GottliebPins Posted at 2018-7-15 08:29
My DJI 4 Pro v2 seems very finicky. The older models never complained about compass or needing calibration. I think I calibrated one of them one time. This one however beeps all the time and constantly flashes various warnings about compass etc. I recently recalibrated the compass and it seemed to fix the nagging compass error and I recalibrated the sticks and the random beeping on start up stopped. The calibrate stick routine is confusing. I pushed both sticks up down left right for several minutes and could not figure out why it would not continue then I noticed the shapes on the sides of he center bar and realized it was the camera angle dial. I turned that back and forth and the calibrate completed and no more beeping. This thing is way too complicated.

My V2.0 did not like my cell phone being on my persons when doing compass cali. DID NOT LIKE IT AT ALL. as a matter of fact i thought something was wrong for a few hours and the IMU thing to . Learning curve for sure ! Good luck !
2018-8-27
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-27 08:30
I had a similar issue a couple weeks back and ended up having to send the rc and ac in for repairs BUT i was finally able to get the constant beeping stopped by doing a refresh several times and relinking the remote to the ac but i'm sure there is someone on this forum that has WAY more experience then i do with this stuff. But one thing for sure youve got to make sure all the cables are good and your internet speed and connection is constant and full 100% battery charge both rc and battery. Thats my story and i'm sticking to it. Good luck my fellow drone dude ! or Gal.. sorry !

Trust me I tried all that and then some

Sent in for repair!!!
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-8-27 07:46
DJI Thor,

For what it's worth, I shipped my controller back today.  The label is UPS Ground from GA to CA.  UPS hints it will get there end of day Friday.

Sorry for the delay, as you had sent the RC in, the local team will help to take care of it when it arrives, I can also help to keep an eye on it. If you have any help needed during the repair, you can let me know, I am glad to help.
2018-8-28
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-8-28 06:42
Sorry for the delay, as you had sent the RC in, the local team will help to take care of it when it arrives, I can also help to keep an eye on it. If you have any help needed during the repair, you can let me know, I am glad to help.

Thanks... got an email yesterday stating they received it
2018-9-1
Use props
polymod
lvl.1

United States

Mine does this every time I turn on the remote.  I found that I can hold the left stick down for three or four seconds and it stops beeping.
2018-9-1
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem from time to time. I turn off, waggle the sticks about and turn on again and all is well. Maybe have to repeat once or twice occasionally. It appears to be occurring when the sticks have been stored in their non 'rest' positions. I noticed it occured every time when I had put on some large ends on to the sticks for comfort. I removed those and all was well as the sticks were stored in 'neutral'.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-9-1 03:52
Thanks... got an email yesterday stating they received it

Yes, the proper team will work on it. Thank for your patience.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

polymod Posted at 2018-9-1 17:46
Mine does this every time I turn on the remote.  I found that I can hold the left stick down for three or four seconds and it stops beeping.

Hi there, have you tried to calibrate the RC sticks? You can try and see if it will help to stop the beeping when you restart the RC.
2018-9-2
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-9-2 22:09
Yes, the proper team will work on it. Thank for your patience.

DJI Thor

Got my controller back yesterday - finally.  Hadn't been able to test yet.

What a PAIN IN THE ___ it was dealing with you guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Freaking HORRIBLE

Everything people say against your company is accurate.  Your products are great.  But no wonder you have a HORRIBLE reputation in the drone community.
2018-9-13
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-9-2 22:09
Yes, the proper team will work on it. Thank for your patience.

DJI Thor

I have sent you multiple PM's regarding a separate issue I didn't want to bring up on this thread. NO response.  Can you please read your PM
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-9-13 08:34
DJI Thor

Got my controller back yesterday - finally.  Hadn't been able to test yet.

I am terribly sorry for the delay, DeputyDawgAtl. As you had received the RC, please check if all is working normally now. And I had replied to your PM. Please check, thank you.
2018-9-14
Use props
fansde537488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 195653 ft
Brazil

GottliebPins Posted at 2018-7-15 08:29
My DJI 4 Pro v2 seems very finicky. The older models never complained about compass or needing calibration. I think I calibrated one of them one time. This one however beeps all the time and constantly flashes various warnings about compass etc. I recently recalibrated the compass and it seemed to fix the nagging compass error and I recalibrated the sticks and the random beeping on start up stopped. The calibrate stick routine is confusing. I pushed both sticks up down left right for several minutes and could not figure out why it would not continue then I noticed the shapes on the sides of he center bar and realized it was the camera angle dial. I turned that back and forth and the calibrate completed and no more beeping. This thing is way too complicated.

I´ve received my Ph 4 PRO yesterday and was sufring with RC beeping y red light bliking ... Making this steps finelly stop, almost 2am in this fight ...
1 - Calibrate stick y dial, moving several times the stick y 2 times de dial;
(2 hours no undestand that beeping is a 'order ' Calibrate! - my wife was crazy with noise)
2 - Upgrade RC firmware (after Calibrate do not ask me for upgrade)
have be this sequence;
Really not complicate, but was not write anywhere!
2018-9-20
Use props
BigBird2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

MeDrone Posted at 2017-7-19 14:54
It is this stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAYoDHd2e1M

Worked for me, Thanks
2018-10-28
Use props
dhansberry
New

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-19 15:01
Just as a thought, does a calibration of RC make any difference ?

that is exactly what mine was wanting done. I recalibrated joysticks, and beeping stopped. (I looked at the warning messages on the ipad mini. in DJI Go app.
2019-1-14
Use props
Mustard Seed
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_uagFl8I Posted at 2017-12-10 03:56
Got exactly Same problem. Did you find a solution?

I had this problem with a 4plus, and had to recalibrate joysticks.  You need to go through the DJI go app to do that, not through the regular settings (which would make sense if you never use DJIgo, use litchi).  There's a video on youtube which demonstrates how to do it, but if you go into the DJIgo settings (the 3 dots on the upper right), you can find your way to the joystick icon and follow the prompts.
2019-6-7
Use props
ESSINREPAIR
New

Poland

Hi,
I managed to fix this issue while not able to calibrate controller. If you are interested in repair you can contact me at serwis@essin.pl
2019-8-11
Use props
djiuser_Kv3VCz4sLRFi
New

Having trouble getting my phantom 3 standard controller to calibrate. I start calibration and it tells me to make sure sticks are centred when they already are and the screen shows the left stick is 100% forward, I’m stumped just wondering if anybody has encountered this before
2019-9-4
Use props
4Pro_Moverio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3537228 ft
United States

Likely the Mode switch on back of controller, Needs to be in S mode!
2020-3-7
Use props
djiuser_iWqGaS3d2dRe
New

Netherlands

I have a mavic mini and it constantly beeps i cant turn it off i try t everything but it won t work
2020-5-6
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I had the same problem on the mavic mini remote, the problem is that I did not calibrate well, I forgot to calibrate the wheel
2020-5-6
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

djiuser_iWqGaS3d2dRe dont forget move the wheel after sticks calibration ... then you see calibration complete advice
2020-5-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules