Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote Controller Beeps Constantly After Turning On
123Next >
182268 81 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve-0 ATX
New
Flight distance : 347749 ft
United States

My RC funtions perfectly, but it makes a really annoying, continuous beeping for 5 mins, 10 mins, or sometimes it never stops beeping. I'm wondering if I can reset the Remote Controller to see if that will fix the issue.

I found a previous post in the forum with instructions from DJI about how to reset my RC, and I followed them, but no luck. I did get three very fast beeps when I tried to reset, as expected, but the normal constant beeping started back up again immediately. I did not see a blue LED and the RC did not seem to reset itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
2017-7-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Steve,

Is this beeping right from the moment you turn it on or if you have not touched the RC sticks for four minutes or so?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-17
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Obstacle Avoidance doing its job I think. Once out in the open and in the air it will stop. Try temporarily deactivating it in 'Visual Navigation Settings' menu.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Did you get any warning or reminder on the app's screen? There are 4 types cases with a beeping RC in the majority situation:
1. Extremely low battery, charger it;
2. Firmware upgrading failure, upgrade it again;
3. RC sticks are not at the midpoint, calibrate it;
4. Disconnect with the drone after 5mins, re-link the drone and the RC.
If none above is your case, could you please tell us what drone are you using and try to check the firmware to see if it needs to upgrade.
2017-7-17
Use props
Steve-0 ATX
New
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-17 15:27
Aloha Steve,

Is this beeping right from the moment you turn it on or if you have not touched the RC sticks for four minutes or so?

Thanks for the reply!

It starts beeping immediately after I turn it on. It keeps beeping for 5-10 mins or more. There doesn't seem to be anything specific that makes it stop beeping. Typically I'm in mid-flight, standing in the same location as when I started, and it just randomly stops. Sometimes. Other times it never stops beeping.
I'm wondering if there's a way to reset the RC to see if that might fix the issue.
2017-7-19
Use props
Steve-0 ATX
New
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-17 15:33
Obstacle Avoidance doing its job I think. Once out in the open and in the air it will stop. Try temporarily deactivating it in 'Visual Navigation Settings' menu.

Thanks for the reply.

It starts beeping immediately after I turn it on.Every time. No matter where I am. It doesn't stop beeping for 5 to 10 minutes, sometimes longer, sometimes it never stops. I could be 400' in the air, with nothing else around it, and it's still beeping.

It keeps beeping for 5-10 mins or more. There doesn't seem to be anything specific that makes it stop beeping. Typically I'm in mid-flight, standing in the same location as when I started, and it just randomly stops. Sometimes. Other times it never stops beeping.
I'm wondering if there's a way to reset the RC to see if that might fix the issue.
2017-7-19
Use props
Steve-0 ATX
New
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-17 15:27
Aloha Steve,

Thanks for the reply!

It starts beeping immediately after I turn it on. It keeps beeping for 5-10 mins or more. There doesn't seem to be anything specific that makes it stop beeping. Typically I'm in mid-flight, standing in the same location as when I started, and it just randomly stops. Sometimes. Other times it never stops beeping.
2017-7-19
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steve-0 ATX Posted at 2017-7-19 05:35
Thanks for the reply.

It starts beeping immediately after I turn it on.Every time. No matter where I am. It doesn't stop beeping for 5 to 10 minutes, sometimes longer, sometimes it never stops. I could be 400' in the air, with nothing else around it, and it's still beeping.

Try to reset the RC
* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote if needed.

This can be done manually (without using DJI Go):-

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
*Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller (It's a 'click wheel', similar to a mouse wheel)  and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

2017-7-19
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply.

It is the RC beeping, and not your display device (my original thinking) ?
2017-7-19
Use props
Steve-0 ATX
New
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-19 05:51
Try to reset the RC
* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.

It is the RC beeping. Not the iPad.

The reset option you listed isn't working. I turn the RC on (it starts beeping immediately) and I hold down C1, C2, and Shutter for 2 seconds and longer. It never D-DDD beeps. It just keeps beeping the regular, constant beep.

I tried another option I saw listed elsewhere: Controller power is OFF, hold C1, C2, Record, Click Wheel, and power ON. This produces the D-DDD sound immediately, then 1 second pause of silence, then it starts the constant beeping again.

I downloaded DJI Assistance and plugged the RC in. Assistance can see the Phantom controller plugged in, but when I click to inspect the firmware it gives me a message saying "Cannot Load Firmware List, try again". Try again doesn't work. It immediately loads the same try again message.
2017-7-19
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steve-0 ATX Posted at 2017-7-19 06:20
It is the RC beeping. Not the iPad.

The reset option you listed isn't working. I turn the RC on (it starts beeping immediately) and I hold down C1, C2, and Shutter for 2 seconds and longer. It never D-DDD beeps. It just keeps beeping the regular, constant beep.

You could perhaps try this to re-load or roll back firmware on RC, then reload latest version:-

Connect display device (with good wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

Run DJI Go, on initial screen (where it displays aircraft type etc) at top right hand corner you will see a 'graduation hat' icon (or perhaps three lines if DJI Go 4). Hold your finger on that for about 5 seconds and release. You should now see a black screen appear with an option to roll back RC firmware (you may have to sellect V1.6 in the roll down menu). Make sure RC is well charged, takes about 5 minutes or so. Power down when complete. Restart all and check all working, you may need to relink RC to aircraft.
2017-7-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Can you even rollback firmware in the latest edition anymore?

I have some issues with the recent I2 RC firmware.  I got to the rollback menu pressing the upper right menu three lines and holding, was presented with three firmware options, selected earlier, but it always reverts to the latest firmware edition and now it says "None" if I try it again and  remains locked on the last version when restarted.  I think DJI locked out all rollbacks as they warn you about not being able to go back in the latest on the I2 and maybe the same for the P4 too.

No rollback possible?

No rollback possible?
2017-7-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the reply!

Aloha Steve,

Thor and Aardvark seem to have your problem covered.  Good luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-19
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-19 07:06

I have some issues with the recent I2 RC firmware.  I got to the rollback menu pressing the upper right menu three lines and holding, was presented with three firmware options, selected earlier, but it always reverts to the latest firmware edition and now it says "None" if I try it again and  remains locked on the last version when restarted.  I think DJI locked out all rollbacks as they warn you about not being able to go back in the latest on the I2 and maybe the same for the P4 too.

Hmmm, that's a bit odd, I can see 1.5.80, 1.6.0 & 1.8.0 on mine, but in saying that they likely wouldn't work with new build. This was just an intermediate step to allow latest to be fully refreshed, which it might be anyway if latest is chosen.

Edit:- My P4 & controller were part of original batch released a year past March.
2017-7-19
Use props
MeDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1245548 ft
Italy

It is this stuff?

2017-7-19
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MeDrone Posted at 2017-7-19 14:54
It is this stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAYoDHd2e1M

Just as a thought, does a calibration of RC make any difference ?
2017-7-19
Use props
fans35196366
lvl.1

New Zealand

Had the same problem, updated firmware and recalibrated joysticks and that did the trick for me
2017-7-19
Use props
Normn8or
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-19 15:01
Just as a thought, does a calibration of RC make any difference ?

The RC will not calibrate. I click the calibrate RC link and takes me to the start page, start the calibration and it just jumps to finish with zero time to even move the sticks.
2017-7-20
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normn8or Posted at 2017-7-20 06:21
The RC will not calibrate. I click the calibrate RC link and takes me to the start page, start the calibration and it just jumps to finish with zero time to even move the sticks.

None of the buttons sticking is there, check all including C1 & C2 on back of RC, 'click' wheel at top right of RC ?
2017-7-20
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
United States

Normn8or Posted at 2017-7-20 06:21

Aircraft needs to be off to cal. the sticks, just RC and tablet/phone on.  Check?
2017-7-20
Use props
jwt-873
First Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

fans35196366 Posted at 2017-7-19 23:24
Had the same problem, updated firmware and recalibrated joysticks and that did the trick for me

Same here..  

A month or so ago, my controller started beeping.  I got a warning on my iPad screen to calibrate the sticks.  I did so and the beeping stopped.

2017-7-20
Use props
Normn8or
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-20 06:34
Aircraft needs to be off to cal. the sticks, just RC and tablet/phone on.  Check?

I do have AC off when trying to calibrate, it will not calibrate. I click start calibration and it goes from start to  finished with no time to even touch a stick to even calibrate it.  So for right now all ive been doing is after starting the RC and the beeping begins i push the left stick to right yaw position and the beeping stops and the warning prompt in the app disappears. Seems to act fine in the air.  I think i might go ahead and link my old controller from my crashed bird to the new bird it's the same thing.
2017-7-20
Use props
Steve-0 ATX
New
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-19 06:47
You could perhaps try this to re-load or roll back firmware on RC, then reload latest version:-

Connect display device (with good wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

No luck.

I followed your instructions and I was able to roll back to 1.5.80. While updating the beeping changed to 3 beeps repeating and flashing blue LED indicator. Message says fireware install was successful and the LED turned green. Per the instructions, I restarted the RC. The red LED comes on and it immediately starts with the same constant beeping.

So I tried the same thing with the only 2 other fireware versions available, 1.6.0 and 1.8.0. Both updates produced exactly the same results I listed above.

It still beeps constantly with red flashing LED as soon as I turn it on. I'm about ready to chunk this thing in the garbage and buy a new one. Which is crazy, because other than the exceedingly annoying beeping, the RC functions perfectly.

I'd be SO GRATEFUL if anyone can help me fix this thing!
2017-8-1
Use props
Steve-0 ATX
New
United States

MeDrone Posted at 2017-7-19 14:54
It is this stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAYoDHd2e1M

Jeez. If it were only this easy I'd have no problem. I could handle beeping for 1 second until I move one of the sticks. This thing beeps incessantly for at least 5 - 10 minutes. As I'm using it to fly the bird. Using the sticks.
2017-8-1
Use props
Steve-0 ATX
New
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-19 07:06

This is how my screen looked when my RC was powered OFF. Notice the top line says Product: Unknown. As soon as I turned my RC on (it's connected with USB to Lighting on my iPad) the Product shows up as GL300 Remote Controller, and instead of None in that middle bar it gives me 3 options, 1.5.80, 1.6.0, 1.8.0.
2017-8-1
Use props
Steve-0 ATX
New
United States

fans35196366 Posted at 2017-7-19 23:24

I can't get calibration of the joy-sticks to complete. I follow the instructions and move the sticks to the max in all directions. Over and over and over again. In every different way and combination I can imagine. The "finish" button never turns blue and activates
2017-8-1
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steve-0 ATX Posted at 2017-8-1 13:39
No luck.

I followed your instructions and I was able to roll back to 1.5.80. While updating the beeping changed to 3 beeps repeating and flashing blue LED indicator. Message says fireware install was successful and the LED turned green. Per the instructions, I restarted the RC. The red LED comes on and it immediately starts with the same constant beeping.

Apologies if I've missed something in the posts, but you have done a calibration ?
2017-8-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
United States

Steve-0 ATX Posted at 2017-8-1 13:41
This is how my screen looked when my RC was powered OFF. Notice the top line says Product: Unknown. As soon as I turned my RC on (it's connected with USB to Lighting on my iPad) the Product shows up as GL300 Remote Controller, and instead of None in that middle bar it gives me 3 options, 1.5.80, 1.6.0, 1.8.0.

I had the triple selection at one time too, but when I tried to go back and it downloaded what I thought was the rollback one, it ended up with the latest one and not the rollback one when I restarted the controller.  Seems locked.

Why it is taking DJI so long to fix this is a mystery, although a lot of it doesn't even work right.  Like the new Yaw Tuning in GO 4.1.5 that does roll instead on the P4 and not even there in the Inspire 2 even though the change log version says it is there.

Fwiw, DJI is hiring both Android and iOS programmers in Palo Alto, CA in their website.  Plus, a few repairman, etc. too in Cerritos.  Maybe they will get the current mess fixed up soon - I hope.
2017-8-2
Use props
wolwe
New
Flight distance : 14147 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 22:46
Did you get any warning or reminder on the app's screen? There are 4 types cases with a beeping RC in the majority situation:
1. Extremely low battery, charger it;
2. Firmware upgrading failure, upgrade it again;

Seems like my RC lost calibration after an accidently drop.
Now I calibrated it and it's back working again.

Thank your for the hint!
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

wolwe Posted at 2017-11-21 14:04
Seems like my RC lost calibration after an accidently drop.
Now I calibrated it and it's back working again.

Good to hear, have a nice time.
2017-11-28
Use props
djiuser_uagFl8I
lvl.1
Australia

Steve-0 ATX Posted at 2017-8-1 13:52
I can't get calibration of the joy-sticks to complete. I follow the instructions and move the sticks to the max in all directions. Over and over and over again. In every different way and combination I can imagine. The "finish" button never turns blue and activates

Got exactly Same problem. Did you find a solution?
2017-12-10
Use props
djiuser_uagFl8I
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_uagFl8I Posted at 2017-12-10 03:56
Got exactly Same problem. Did you find a solution?

Just discovered if i push all the buttons and move the sticks before turning the controller on the beeping does not start once the controller is turned on.
2017-12-10
Use props
rjmurdock
New

United States

I solved my beeping problem by re-calibrating the remote via the DJI Go app.  You'll have to connect to both the remote and Spark to get to the settings section of the app, then you'll have to turn off the Spark to calibrate the remote.  Once I completed the calibration, the remote went silence!
2018-1-6
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

My controller is doing the same thing, I've tried everything but calibration...will try that now.

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-6
Use props
Todd in Chicago
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Woohoo!!  That worked!  I was able to put up with the incessant beeping, start the remote, Crystal Sky, and DJI Go 4, and then the AC, got into the DJI Go 4, killed the AC, and calibrated the joysticks and it worked!  Woohoo!!

I'm new to the Phantom 4 Pro (just got it), but when I plug in my controller to DJI Go Assistant 2, it just says "Unknown Device" and can't do anything with it.  Am I supposed to be able to do something or see it as a controller?

Cheers..

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-6
Use props
Rapsac
lvl.1
Spain

Can you calibrate ?
2018-1-7
Use props
Rapsac
lvl.1
Spain

Can you calibrate ?
2018-1-7
Use props
Reveret
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28419 ft
United Kingdom

2018-1-9
Use props
zlot8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 484905 ft
United States

I'm sure by now you're all squared away, but for sake of others searching for solutions I am adding this. The dude that wrote about doing a calibration after dropping the RC was right on. I got my 2nd P4A today and DROPPED the damn package from my shoulder when loading up my car. Did the sticks calibration with difficulty - had to do it a few times before all was well; but that's what it took. Don't drop your RC! ;-)
2018-1-18
Use props
GottliebPins
lvl.1
  • >>>

My DJI 4 Pro v2 seems very finicky. The older models never complained about compass or needing calibration. I think I calibrated one of them one time. This one however beeps all the time and constantly flashes various warnings about compass etc. I recently recalibrated the compass and it seemed to fix the nagging compass error and I recalibrated the sticks and the random beeping on start up stopped. The calibrate stick routine is confusing. I pushed both sticks up down left right for several minutes and could not figure out why it would not continue then I noticed the shapes on the sides of he center bar and realized it was the camera angle dial. I turned that back and forth and the calibrate completed and no more beeping. This thing is way too complicated.
2018-7-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules