Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC AC total disconnect not just app
2122 21 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NE.UK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

My drone is in for repair as it continually disconnects from the RC (not just the app)

The drone disconnects and auto lands, one occasion it did this and hit a fence this caused some minor cosmetic damage, on another occasion it started to go sideways again this time towards my car, I had to grab it and pull out the battery.

I have the logs for the latter incident, rather than fixing the issue DJI have sent a bill of £80 to repair the cosmetic damage completely dismissing that it was the rc disconnect issue that caused this. The drone has been away for 3 months out of thed 5 i have owned it and im now considering legal action. Can anyone help?

Image of fault

Screenshot_20170718-015906.png
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product and repair team.
Could you happen to provide me the case number so that I can check more details of the data analysis and give you an update? Thanks in advance.
2017-7-17
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

CAS-755613-M3Q1G2

Thank you
2017-7-17
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 19:22
Sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product and repair team.
Could you happen to provide me the case number so that I can check more details of the data analysis and give you an update? Thanks in advance.

Hello Mindy

Any updates on this?
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

NE.UK Posted at 2017-7-17 21:59
CAS-755613-M3Q1G2

Thank you

Just checked your case, we've submitted a data analysis for this crash accident to find out the cause. will have someone contact you after it is finished, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-18
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-18 02:44
Just checked your case, we've submitted a data analysis for this crash accident to find out the cause. will have someone contact you after it is finished, appreciate your patience.

Hi

- The problem is why does the RC (not phone)  disconnect from the AC (the crash is the symptom)
- When will you get back as this drone has been out of service for 70 days, more than 70% of the time I have owned it?
- Have you found any faults on the drone as part of the tests other than a few cosmetic scratches?
- Which Crash are you referring to as the drone has disconnected from the RC (not phone)  over 20-30 times probably more.

If yo can answer the above question it will help me understand what is happening?
2017-7-18
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Did you also return the RC (with the Mavic)?  The problem could be with either.  Also, could you post a better screenshot.  The first one was unreadable.
2017-7-18
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Griffith Posted at 2017-7-18 07:53
Did you also return the RC (with the Mavic)?  The problem could be with either.  Also, could you post a better screenshot.  The first one was unreadable.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5_--EtfmFI6RTFfdGVTUmxaNTg

Please follow the link
Yes, I did send the controller back but they also asked me for logs off my phone.
At the moment it feels like an exercise in which DJI are trying everything to pin it on me.
2017-7-18
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
United States

NE.UK Posted at 2017-7-18 08:37

Please follow the link

I'll have to check the screen shot at home.  Blocked access at work.
2017-7-18
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Griffith Posted at 2017-7-18 10:51

Thanks please let me know what you think
2017-7-18
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Griffith Posted at 2017-7-18 10:51

Hi did you get a chance to check?
2017-7-23
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NE.UK Posted at 2017-7-18 08:37

Please follow the link

They need the log so they can see what happened, like a black box recorder, and what warnings etc. you would have gotten.  You can play it back for yourself on your phone/tablet using the dji go 4 app, select flight record, and the date/time of the flight.  You can then play it out an see what it is doing.
2017-7-23
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

They have had the Drone for a while now originally it was in the status "analysing data" then it changed to the above. DJI have the drone however they still asked me for the the logs off my phone. Ive provided them with what I had and  it seems to be stuck in this status. Anycase I guess I just wait, if you think you can help with the log files you can find them here.
link 1 - drone disconnects and nearly drifts into my car, i had to grab it in flight and pull out the battery. (click notification tab)

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=rLMCDi

link 2 - random disconnect for 30 seconds

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=pOTqqA

I don't have many logs on my phone as part of the troubleshooting process it was suggested that I should completely uninstall DJI Go and re-install. I don't see why they can't get the logs off the drone though.

The logs clearly show the drone completely disconnecting from the drone... Downlink data connection lost for 29.7 seconds

2017-7-23
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Related to
https://forum.dji.com/thread-105766-1-1.html

2017-7-23
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
United States

NE.UK Posted at 2017-7-23 03:05
Hi did you get a chance to check?

Sorry.  I've been out of town for a week.  I'll check tonight.  However,  from your AirData post,  I would suspect a problem in the Mavic downlink transmitter or the downlink receiver in the RC.  By chance, was the RC also returned to DJI for service?  This is taking a long time :-(
2017-7-31
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

NE.UK Posted at 2017-7-23 07:02
They have had the Drone for a while now originally it was in the status "analysing data" then it changed to the above. DJI have the drone however they still asked me for the the logs off my phone. Ive provided them with what I had and  it seems to be stuck in this status. Anycase I guess I just wait, if you think you can help with the log files you can find them here.
link 1 - drone disconnects and nearly drifts into my car, i had to grab it in flight and pull out the battery. (click notification tab)

Both your airdata show a warning of (class d airspace)

I haven't seen a chart showing what those Classes are and the restrictions but wonder if this could have been messing with it?
2017-7-31
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-7-31 05:19
Both your airdata show a warning of (class d airspace)

I haven't seen a chart showing what those Classes are and the restrictions but wonder if this could have been messing with it?

Class D shouldn't impact  or stop the aircraft from flying, its just a warning based on my research.  

Turned out there was a fault on the drone and they replaced it.

They haven't transferred my  refresh over so thats become my next DJI nightmare.
Ive owned the drone 4 months, it been out of service 3.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

NE.UK Posted at 2017-8-3 00:33
Class D shouldn't impact  or stop the aircraft from flying, its just a warning based on my research.  

Turned out there was a fault on the drone and they replaced it.

Sorry for this, for the DJI care refresh, please send an email with the SN of the drone and your case number to djicare@dji.com, the DJI Care team will deal with it. Sorry for the inconvenience you have been caused.
2017-8-3
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-3 01:24
Sorry for this, for the DJI care refresh, please send an email with the SN of the drone and your case number to , the DJI Care team will deal with it. Sorry for the inconvenience you have been caused.

Ive already done this, no one has replied and its nearly 48 hours that I have activated the drone.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

NE.UK Posted at 2017-8-3 04:55
Ive already done this, no one has replied and its nearly 48 hours that I have activated the drone.

Just checked it, Mindy is following your case, please keep her updated.
2017-8-3
Use props
Angelo26
Second Officer
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Maybe we have to face a really sad fact: all these "teams" of "DJI-support" are some very few electronic- and software-engineer-students somewhere in a bamboo-hut in Bangladesh with small-bandwidth internet-connection having lost oversight of all the hardware- and software issues OR the pure mass of reclamations cannot be administered anymore by DJI .................
2017-8-4
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-8-4 00:52
Maybe we have to face a really sad fact: all these "teams" of "DJI-support" are some very few electronic- and software-engineer-students somewhere in a bamboo-hut in Bangladesh with small-bandwidth internet-connection having lost oversight of all the hardware- and software issues OR the pure mass of reclamations cannot be administered anymore by DJI .................

Either way its not acceptable as they are making money

Here is my expereince:

CAS-755613-M3Q1G2
My drone was delivered in March
Initially I thought it was my fault and I needed to learn how to use the drone
When I reported it to online support they told me it was not a fault this happened around April
I was then told its a firmware issue early May (see forum discussions)
When trying to upgrade the firmware there  was then a separate firmware issue which many people discussed on this forum in relation fimrware upgrade blocker, so this acted as a blocker to the rc disconnection issue  (May, see forum discussions)
Once the firmware issue was resolved the RC issue persisted and I contacted Jessops early June, they didn't collect the drone until 28th JuneMy Drone was said to have been repaired under manufacturers warranty at the end of July
My drone refresh account was transferred over on the 4th August when I first was able to use it

It still continues as my refresh account has a claim on it even though it was replaced under manufactureres warranty and i didn't pay anything for the repair
If you follow one of the other forums DJI are claiming that it did not take 3+ months because they only got the drone late June (they are struggling to see that the drone was faulty and unusable since delivery.

2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules