Airport Contact Information
1174 7 2015-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

Hello Everyone
This is my first post...so go easy on me ;-)  I have been doing alot of reading on this site and the internet in general and have been unable to find the contact information for airport/air traffic control at Chicago O'Hare. Is there a directory that you guys know of that has this information easily available?  I am just inside the 5 mile buffer. Thanks for your help and all the good information on this site.

2015-3-21
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

That is because it isn't at O'Hare.  

Chicago O'Hare TRACON (C90) provides air traffic control services for Chicago O'Hare, Chicago Midway, and several other airports in the Chicagoland area.

The TRACON
2015-3-21
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

nrgwise

thanks for the link, but Im still unable to find any contact info that would allow me to notify them about my "flight" as recommended/suggested....am I missing it?
2015-3-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

If you are in the 1.5 mile no fly zone it doesn't matter, you can't take off. From 1.5 to 5 miles the max altitude varies. Check your location here

http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc
2015-3-21
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

TR I would not worry about it if you are almost 5 miles away. The Academy of Model Aeronautics safety code says this:

Not fly higher than approximately 400 feet above ground level within three (3) miles of an airport without notifying the airport operator.

I think that applies more to small private airports than major ones.
2015-3-21
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

thanks for your input/help.  I am just trying to learn all I can and get my ducks in a row before my Phantom arrives. I just want to make sure I'm in "compliance"

The large park I plan on flying in to start is bisected by this 5 mile "buffer zone" line. I will have the max height set to 400 ft anyway so that shouldn't be an issue.
2015-3-21
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-3-22 04:00
nrgwise

thanks for the link, but Im still unable to find any contact info that would allow me to no ...

Maybe they don't want to be contacted. But they do have a Facebook page.
2015-3-21
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

Ugh facebook, Thanks for your help
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules