Auto Calibration Doesn't work and Gimbal wobbles
2783 9 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dzeisen
New
Singapore

After upgrading to the latest firmware just today, the auto calibration failed with the device facing downwards and the app showing the message to reboot the device. In addition, during the auto calibration, the gimbal wobbles ever so slightly during the entire process.

After the calibration has completed (albeit it failed), the gimbal continues to wobble. Even when I shut off the gimbal and powered on again, the gimbal always attempts to stabilize even without the phone in it. Before the firmware upgrade, powering on the gimbal without a phone will do nothing to the gimbal.

Has anyone encountered such issues? How can I resolve this?
2017-7-18
Use props
Dzeisen
New
Singapore

I also noticed that the Gimbal heats up really quickly and makes a rather loud hissing noise even when there is no device in it.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the experience with our product. Please compare all the gimbal motors, only one heats up quickly or all heat up? Is there any obvious difference?
Besides, is the gimbal balanced before powering on?
2017-7-18
Use props
Dzeisen
New
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-18 02:54
We are sorry for the experience with our product. Please compare all the gimbal motors, only one heats up quickly or all heat up? Is there any obvious difference?
Besides, is the gimbal balanced before powering on?

The motor behind as well as the side is equally as hot. I have not encountered this prior to the firmware upgrade.

The gimbal is basically useless now that it can no longer auto calibrate properly.
2017-7-18
Use props
Dzeisen
New
Singapore

The gimbal was properly balanced prior to the firmware upgrade and I always recalibrate osmo mobile after a firmware upgrade.

Now whenever the gimbal is powered on even without a device, it always attempts to balance before it falls down.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dzeisen Posted at 2017-7-18 03:20
The gimbal was properly balanced prior to the firmware upgrade and I always recalibrate osmo mobile after a firmware upgrade.

Now whenever the gimbal is powered on even without a device, it always attempts to balance before it falls down.

Please try to download DJI Assistant 2 to your computer and then connect Osmo Mobile to your computer. Log in DJI account, you will see the status of Osmo Mobile, please check if the firmware updated successfully.
Here is the link to download DJI Assistant 2: http://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/info#downloads
2017-7-19
Use props
待疯狂的渣渣
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61214 ft
Hong Kong

Dzeisen,  re-upgrading again?
2017-7-19
Use props
Dzeisen
New
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-19 01:50
Please try to download DJI Assistant 2 to your computer and then connect Osmo Mobile to your computer. Log in DJI account, you will see the status of Osmo Mobile, please check if the firmware updated successfully.
Here is the link to download DJI Assistant 2: http://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/info#downloads

I have done that. There is only one firmware and I have confirmed that the upgrade was successful. Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware?
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dzeisen Posted at 2017-7-19 07:18
I have done that. There is only one firmware and I have confirmed that the upgrade was successful. Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware?

I'm sorry that the firmware cannot be downgraded, please contact support to send it in for evaluation and repair, we apologize for the trouble caused.
2017-7-20
Use props
Indian
lvl.1
Norway

Me too have the same problem with auto calibration after the update which was done with the assistant. It ends with the phone facing downwards and told to reboot. The gimbal does not get hot.
2018-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules