Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI WILL NOT GIVE ME MY REFUND
3577 17 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11913 ft
Canada

I am SO annoyed with this company.
I received my Spark on June 30, set everything up, and took it out for a quick flight. Immediately I noticed that it had issues maintaining altitude (posted it in another thread on this forum with videos to support it). Long story short, I requested a refund 3 days later from DJI. Their policy states that if it was a manufacturing defect and is within 7 days of receipt, that I can request a refund, so I was well within the guidelines there.
They sent me a UPS shipping label and confirmation email of my request, but the email stated it was for a repair, which I did not want.
I contacted them LITERALLY 6-7 times through chat asking why I keep receiving e-mails that state the Spark is being examined and I will receive a quotation for repair when I wanted a refund instead. They continually tell me that they put in a note and that I will receive my refund notification soon, etc etc.
I've been trying to track my case number online and it's now in the process of "Repair". I DO NOT want them to repair it and then send it back to me and ignore my request for my qualified refund.
I am SO frustrated with this company.

My last resort is to go to my credit card company and request a chargeback if this is not resolved within the next day.
2017-7-18
Use props
42green
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3323 ft
United States

Go to the card company, NOW.

I have had it with dealing with DJI support. I hope I never have to contact them again, but I do have a refund in the works (second order long story...)  so I probably will.

Anyone that does any actual work is not at the face to face level with the customer, all they can do is read status of an order and pass information along to other people. The sheet you mentioned said for a refund chat or email would work. I tried chat twice and they both said only return by email (contrary to the sheet included with the order) I waited over 24 hours for a reply to the email, and all it was was a formed letter with my RMA on it. And I had to pay shipping, no label sent from them.
2017-7-18
Use props
markol
lvl.1
Canada

Yup, I remember that sheet we had to fill out had a section you can tick for "Refund".
I think I will go down the chargeback route. I'm SO done with this company.
I just contacted them via chat again and the agent is now telling me to "review the policy for refund". This is SO RIDICULOUS.

NEVER EVER buy anything from the DJI Online Store again.
2017-7-18
Use props
Convert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

I've got nothing to add about your issue with getting a refund - I hope your end up satisfied.

But...assuming you wanted a Spark in the first place and your one could be replaced/sorted so it no longer has the height issue why did you want a refund? Other issues  or didn't meet up to your expectations in other ways?  Just curious.
2017-7-18
Use props
markol
lvl.1
Canada

Convert Posted at 2017-7-18 06:26
I've got nothing to add about your issue with getting a refund - I hope your end up satisfied.

But...assuming you wanted a Spark in the first place and your one could be replaced/sorted so it no longer has the height issue why did you want a refund? Other issues  or didn't meet up to your expectations in other ways?  Just curious.

Exactly, it just didn't live up to expectations. Also, with many other people have so many issues with theirs as well, I didn't want to take the risk of having other issues when I get it back.
So I decided to pay a bit more and get the Mavic instead.
2017-7-18
Use props
42green
lvl.1
United States

I hope I'm not going to be stuck in the same stupid loop on DJI's part. I just got the email that they have received the Spark I shipped back, but the subject was "DJI Product for Repair Received CRM: xxxxxx" I sent an email right away making sure I specified it was for REFUND not repair.
2017-7-18
Use props
markol
lvl.1
Canada

42green Posted at 2017-7-18 11:50
I hope I'm not going to be stuck in the same stupid loop on DJI's part. I just got the email that they have received the Spark I shipped back, but the subject was "DJI Product for Repair Received CRM: xxxxxx" I sent an email right away making sure I specified it was for REFUND not repair.

Yup, I chatted them up again this morning and had an agent tell me that he contacted the parties responsible for refunds directly and will get back to me......
Then this afternoon I received an email saying the Spark is now done repairing and that it'll be shipped back to me within 3 business days.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the trouble that had been made, could you please provide the case number so I can check more for this?
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

42green Posted at 2017-7-18 11:50

Could you please provide me with the case number of your case so that I can check for you?
2017-7-18
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was on the Mavic pre-order list when they released it. Waiting and waiting and waiting until enough was enough. Contacted through chat one Saturday morning and sorted in 3 days. This process was probably quicker due to the fact that I did not have ownership of the drone. Obviously when a customer says it does not do this or do that they have to investigate to make sure the reported issues exist in the drone. If you take anything back to a store they will always check it first to validate any claims made. Its understandable that people will get annoyed and even borderline angry at DJI CS, which needs looking at. Hope you get this resolved and go for another drone. As another post asks, did you actually want the Spark in the  place...??
2017-7-18
Use props
fans7666527f
lvl.1
Sweden

I had a similar experience. My Spark had a defective gimbal from the beginning and I requested a refund the day after I had received the Spark. It took like 50 emails and finally a - admittedly nice and helpful - phone call to even only get the address where to return the copter. In the end I needed to open a PayPal conflict case and finally received the refund.
2017-7-18
Use props
markol
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 18:55
Sorry for the trouble that had been made, could you please provide the case number so I can check more for this?

Just private messaged you the case number, DJI Thor!
2017-7-19
Use props
42green
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 19:09
Could you please provide me with the case number of your case so that I can check for you?

Mine just got taken care of, thank you for the offer DJI Thor.
2017-7-19
Use props
markol
lvl.1
Canada

42green Posted at 2017-7-19 05:09

How was yours taken care of? You just e-mailed them?
2017-7-19
Use props
42green
lvl.1
United States

Yes via email. They replied yesterday that they checked the case and it indeed was for a refund. I received another email saying it was completed today and a note from Affirm as well that the money had been refunded.
2017-7-19
Use props
markol
lvl.1
Canada

42green Posted at 2017-7-19 06:23
Yes via email. They replied yesterday that they checked the case and it indeed was for a refund. I received another email saying it was completed today and a note from Affirm as well that the money had been refunded.

Ugh, I'm still waiting..... the online agent keeps telling me they contacted the teams responsible for processing the refund, but waiting to hear back..........
I just sent an e-mail as well though.... see if that does anything.
Did you just e-mail the general support e-mail address for DJI ?
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

markol Posted at 2017-7-19 04:56
Just private messaged you the case number, DJI Thor!

Yes, I got the message. And I’ve informed our appropriate team to look into your case soon, hope we can get it sorted out shortly. Appreciate your patience.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

42green Posted at 2017-7-19 05:09

Appreciate your feedback. It's always a pleasure to offer a help. Should you have further question, please feel free to contact us.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules