625 3 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
federicobucchi
New
United States

Hello,

I got this quotation for Case N: CAS-779055-T3X1H0

ItemQuantityUnit Price(USD)Total Price(USD)
Upper Cover11.001.00
Middle Frame Module14.004.00
Back Axis (Left) V0211.001.00
Repair Service Fee265.00/H130.00
Freight:0.00
Total Amount:136.00
DJI Care deduction:0.00
Total Payment:136.00

I am writing because I am getting a quotation for 136.00 dollars but I am not happy with that for the price and also because repairing the broken parts it's not solving the issue that seems coming from the IMU.

More Details:

1) The drone is 3 months old and I did 3 very short flights with it
2) If there are interferences the drone should show it in the controller and it didn't
3) The flight in the rooftop was not the first one but the second one (I am sure you can verify that). In the first one it crashed too because it flew by himself in a direction and crashed to a wall (even the object avoidance didn't work).
4) I went to a DJI Official Retailer and they ran the diagnostic to the drone and they came back to me with this:
"We finished diagnosing your Mavic Pro and it looks like there is a problem with the IMU. We tried to calibrate your IMU but every time it stops at 92%, it won't complete. This is one of the reasons why you are a having a hard time controlling the aircraft. It is best to send it to DJI."
(for this diagnostic the quotation has been 55 dollars just to tell me that there is a manufacturing issue in the IMU of the drone).
5) The parts damaged are 6 dollars value and the quotation is 130 dollars that is high
6) I don't think that just repairing the broken parts we are going to fix the problem, since again, the drone is flying around by himself.

I would like to solve this situation.

Thanks,

federico

2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

federico, we really sympathize with your situation and deeply sorry for the crash accident. While the data analysis is based on objective data log.
If the first crash accident occurred, you should contact us right away rather than flying again. Our data analysis will only analyze the latest crash flight log.
The failure of IMU calibration may be caused by the accident rather than the mishap was caused by IMU.
Flight time was at night in city.  Unit took off in Atti mode, electromagnetic interference was detected, due to lack of GPS lock, unit drifted forward into obstacle with momentum and crashed. It's not a malfunction so we are unable to provide warranty service. We apologize for that.
The service fee is 65 dollars per working hour. If more than one part is damaged, working hours for each part will be added.
The drone will conduct the flight test after repair, and then quality evaluation, repair team will get it fixed, no worries.

2017-7-18
Use props
federicobucchi
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-18 20:00
federico, we really sympathize with your situation and deeply sorry for the crash accident. While the data analysis is based on objective data log.
If the first crash accident occurred, you should contact us right away rather than flying again. Our data analysis will only analyze the latest crash flight log.
The failure of IMU calibration may be caused by the accident rather than the mishap was caused by IMU.

Hello Mindy,

again, the drone has never been usable from the first flight.
During the first flight the crash was not strong, so it sounds weird that it damaged the internal IMU.
This is why I would like to have a more deep investigation on this.

Thanks
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

federicobucchi Posted at 2017-7-19 09:15
Hello Mindy,

again, the drone has never been usable from the first flight.

I have transferred your request to local appropriate department for a deeper investigation, we will have someone to communicate with you later, thank you for your patience.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules