9005 137 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swampy75
New
Flight distance : 231867 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 19:02
The beta firmware was sent to your account. Please connect your drone and mobile device and the internet to get the push notifications.

Hi There, I have had this vibration/buzz issue since I upgraded to the latest version, also intermittant gimabl calibration issues. No problems before uppgarde, cannot revert back to previous version.

No issue in flight, except once when the gimbal remained in a "tilt" position

Please Advise,
Swampy
2017-8-29
Use props
Swampy75
New
Australia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-8-29
Use props
Romulus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612608 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Aces_High Posted at 2017-7-25 19:49
DJI Thor - I was finally able to load the BETA firmware on my P4P tonight.  Prior to and during the first few moments of the update, the gimbal 'whine' could be easily heard (which was my original complaint).  During the firmware update, the 'whine' sound finally stopped, and I have not heard it since.  I took a 20 minute flight and did not encounter any problems nor did whine sound return.  

Thus far, I am very pleased with the beta firmware.  I will continue to test as I can over the next several days and let you know if I encounter any problems.  

This sounds good. I also have the problem (vibration and Hang up at 50%) at the gimbal calibration. Have you done a calibration after the update to the BETA-Version? Hope this will fix this problem, too.

Thank you!
2017-8-29
Use props
Romulus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 00:42
It is a known issue and we are working on this, could you please provide your DJI account Email address with us?  We would like to release a beta firmware to your account to update for this case.

Can you also send me the BETA Version for the Phantom 4 Pro? I sent you a PM yesterday with my registered E-Mail.

Greetings
Roman
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Julius_Cesar_Fi Posted at 2017-8-28 04:25
At the moment I downgraded and the problem disappeared. I think it's this beta version that might be in trouble.

So the drone reverts back to normal, right? And besides, please refer to the reply at 34#, it's from our engineers. Thanks again for bringing us the attention.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TravisSRT Posted at 2017-8-27 11:18
Would this beta firmware also address gimbal shaking during flight?  I have visible shake in my footage during non-windy gentle flights.  Even when just hovering.  I have sent this p4p in to DJI USA for repair once before and the problem is back..  I don't think mine makes the noise but it is definitely vibrating at time.   is my account info.

Yes, it is said it will also solve the drift of the drone. I'll help to release the beta and please have a try.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

allister10 Posted at 2017-8-28 19:52
Hi Thor.

Im having exacly same issue with noise/vibration on my p4p after update. Can I get beta firmware released to my account?

Sorry for the late reply, roger that, please check your account later.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

PeteBourne Posted at 2017-8-29 02:23
DJI Thor, I have the same problem following the firmware update. I have sent you a private message with my address.

Yes, I received that, please check your account later.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Romulus Posted at 2017-8-29 13:55
Same problem here. DJI Thor i sent you a PM with my Account for the  BETA. Hope this work and fix the problem.

Sorry for the late reply, I had forwarded to our engineers. Please check your account later.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Rafael Castro Posted at 2017-8-29 16:52
Hi Thor.

Im having exacly same issue with noise/vibration on my P4Pro+ after update. Can I get beta firmware released to my account?

Yes, please check your account later. You can both upgrade via DJI GO 4 app and DJI Assistant 2.
2017-8-31
Use props
Romulus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-31 01:58
Sorry for the late reply, I had forwarded to our engineers. Please check your account later.

No problem. Thank you very much. I check my Account for the Beta-Update later.
2017-8-31
Use props
PeteBourne
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-31 01:57
Yes, I received that, please check your account later.

Have just updated and my gimbal problem is completely fixed. Thank you for some great support.
2017-8-31
Use props
Aces_High
lvl.1
United States

Romulus Posted at 2017-8-29 21:02
This sounds good. I also have the problem (vibration and Hang up at 50%) at the gimbal calibration. Have you done a calibration after the update to the BETA-Version? Hope this will fix this problem, too.

Thank you!

I don't recall doing a recalibration, but it certainly wouldn't hurt doing so.  
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

lewiscooper Posted at 2017-8-28 20:06
I too have the super jerky gimbal movements since the latest firmware update and would love to try a beta of the solution. I use my P4 to make a living and have had zero issues with my P4 in the last year and a half since I bought it but the latest update has made smooth video nearly impossible. You can send me an email at . Thanks

Sorry to tell this beta is for Phantom 4 Pro / Adv, could you please tell me the exact reaction of your drone after the update? I'll try to see if there is anything I can help.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

PeteBourne Posted at 2017-8-31 06:01
Have just updated and my gimbal problem is completely fixed. Thank you for some great support.

Glad to hear that, you are welcome, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Swampy75 Posted at 2017-8-29 18:03
Hi There, I have had this vibration/buzz issue since I upgraded to the latest version, also intermittant gimabl calibration issues. No problems before uppgarde, cannot revert back to previous version.

No issue in flight, except once when the gimbal remained in a "tilt" position

Had received your PM and your account address. Sorry for the late reply. Please check your account later and upgrade to the beta to see if it helps.  
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Hey guys, please don't share your email address for security reasons. I've shielded your comments so only mods can see them.
2017-9-1
Use props
allister10
New
Ireland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-31 01:56
Sorry for the late reply, roger that, please check your account later.

Hi Thor,

I'm still waiting for my beta update. You know, more or less, when it will be coming out into  my account?

Many Thanks,
allister10
2017-9-2
Use props
Swampy75
New
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-31 23:10
Had received your PM and your account address. Sorry for the late reply. Please check your account later and upgrade to the beta to see if it helps.

Thanks Thor, updated to BETA version successful. vibration/buzz seems to have gone, flight test tomorrow.
Cheers
2017-9-3
Use props
PeteBourne
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Update firmware.. Did the trick for me
2017-9-3
Use props
Swampy75
New
Australia

My P4pro was fine until the latest firmware upgrade, never crashed or dropped. The second the update was complete, buzz/vibration started, so I knew it wasn't hardware, glad I stumbled across this post.
2017-9-3
Use props
PAUL31400
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212579 ft
France

hi guys i have the same problem with my phantom 4 pro + .
how get the firmware beta for my drone ?
THANKS
2017-9-6
Use props
fans6a7ef25f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413333 ft
Australia

Unfortunately I am also having the same Gimbal noise issue. P4P+. Can I please get the Beta as well. I did send a PM to Thor as well.

Regards,

Jit
2017-9-9
Use props
lewiscooper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 324304 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-31 22:29
Sorry to tell this beta is for Phantom 4 Pro / Adv, could you please tell me the exact reaction of your drone after the update? I'll try to see if there is anything I can help.

OK here goes. I have been flying my P4 flawlessly for over a year, I fly several times a week. Immediately after the last firmware updates the craft has multiple flight issues, which I guess are motor control issues, the craft jerks wildly when you apply multiple inputs ie. up and forward or left and forward, just about anything but a very slow straight forward stick will give you a real jerky flight making smooth videos impossible. There are hundreds of posts talking about this exact issue and everyone that has been given the beta fix has had the issues resolved. Can I please get a copy of the beta fix? Or instructions on how to downgrade my craft to the older firmware? I find it very tiresome to call DJI and go through their first line tech support who start asking for flight logs, and reinstall and on and on when I know damn well that for over a year it flew flawlessly then after the firmware it will not, so it IS the firmware causing the issue and I don;t want to jump through a dozen loops just to prove to it.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

allister10 Posted at 2017-9-2 03:43
Hi Thor,

I'm still waiting for my beta update. You know, more or less, when it will be coming out into  my account?

It should be available since the day I replied. I'll help to check again. Please try to provide me with another DJI email account if you can't access it. Thank you.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

lewiscooper Posted at 2017-9-9 07:11
OK here goes. I have been flying my P4 flawlessly for over a year, I fly several times a week. Immediately after the last firmware updates the craft has multiple flight issues, which I guess are motor control issues, the craft jerks wildly when you apply multiple inputs ie. up and forward or left and forward, just about anything but a very slow straight forward stick will give you a real jerky flight making smooth videos impossible. There are hundreds of posts talking about this exact issue and everyone that has been given the beta fix has had the issues resolved. Can I please get a copy of the beta fix? Or instructions on how to downgrade my craft to the older firmware? I find it very tiresome to call DJI and go through their first line tech support who start asking for flight logs, and reinstall and on and on when I know damn well that for over a year it flew flawlessly then after the firmware it will not, so it IS the firmware causing the issue and I don;t want to jump through a dozen loops just to prove to it.

I am so regretful for the inconvenience. After learning about your P4's issue, I had a draft and believed that is a known issue, our engineers are working on it now, we have been escalating the process, and will release it once there was a result. Thank you for your patience.
2017-9-11
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-11 00:22
I am so regretful for the inconvenience. After learning about your P4's issue, I had a draft and believed that is a known issue, our engineers are working on it now, we have been escalating the process, and will release it once there was a result. Thank you for your patience.

Thor, could you also pass on to the engineers that in the beta version, the white balance setting is reset back to auto every time the drone if restarted.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-13 22:08
Thor, could you also pass on to the engineers that in the beta version, the white balance setting is reset back to auto every time the drone if restarted.

Of course, I will forward this case to our engineers to look into. Thank you.
2017-9-14
Use props
Nabil
New
Finland

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem on my P4P+. Drift/Hoveving issue + this gimbal noise.
I already sent you a PM a few days back but didn't have any return from it.
Thank you
2017-9-14
Use props
allister10
New
Ireland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-11 00:12
It should be available since the day I replied. I'll help to check again. Please try to provide me with another DJI email account if you can't access it. Thank you.

Thank You. I have connected phantom today and I have installed new update. All my gimballed problems solved now.

Thanks again.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Nabil Posted at 2017-9-14 09:41
Hi,

I'm facing the same problem on my P4P+. Drift/Hoveving issue + this gimbal noise.

The beta should have released, had you received it? Please let me know if you haven't got it.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

allister10 Posted at 2017-9-17 04:28
Thank You. I have connected phantom today and I have installed new update. All my gimballed problems solved now.

Thanks again.

Glad to hear that. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-9-20
Use props
AlexChok
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2615007 ft
Netherlands

I also had a buzz and noise in the cardan was, after a while, the inscription gimbal motor overloaded appeared and the cardan of the camera did not stabilize horizontally.
Account fotodrug@gmail.com
2017-9-22
Use props
Finaerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99990 ft
United States

I have the same sound, it only happens when shooting almost straight down. My P4P is brand new.
2017-9-23
Use props
Finaerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99990 ft
United States

Finaerial Posted at 2017-9-23 18:15
I have the same sound, it only happens when shooting almost straight down. My P4P is brand new.

An update: after spending three hours on support chat today. I even sent a link to this thread, but instead of the beta firmware I got to jump through every loop and then some.

I really need the drone every day, so I can't send it for repair or replacement. So I was offered a refund.

If this is a common issue, dji should educate they technical support about it.
2017-9-25
Use props
Mactech
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 00:08
Glad to hear that. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.

After applying the beta firmware to fix the inability to finish gimbal calibration, it now is making this noise that the original poster has claimed was his issue.

The gimbal is getting very hot as it appears to be constantly working (hard) to keep it in position.

Please fix this!  It's been an ongoing issue now for almost two months.   
2017-9-26
Use props
Darkreapers
New

Australia

Hi Thor,

I have send you multiple PMs, can someone please send me a link to this update so I can also try to get rid of this gimble noise? As others said it also gets very hot so I have not yet used my P4P for at least 2 weeks now, please HELP! Thanks!
2017-9-26
Use props
Mactech
lvl.2
United States

Darkreapers Posted at 2017-9-26 04:36
Hi Thor,

I have send you multiple PMs, can someone please send me a link to this update so I can also try to get rid of this gimble noise? As others said it also gets very hot so I have not yet used my P4P for at least 2 weeks now, please HELP! Thanks!

The link is only made available to your account.  There is no other easy way for you to install it.  It took them a week to get it to me, after I setup a new account, did I receive it.

Sometimes I think DJI has a 'Customer is a jerk' option that instructs them to ignore your request.  I have given them more than anyone's fair share of grief over my 3 P4s and now P4P purchases.
2017-9-26
Use props
FishAirMan
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 00:42
It is a known issue and we are working on this, could you please provide your DJI account Email address with us?  We would like to release a beta firmware to your account to update for this case.

I have PM'd you my email address.  Needing the beta firmware to get fix same issues as the original poster was experiencing with gimbal whine and vibration.  
THANK YOU!
2017-9-26
Use props
JerryEdwards
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59698 ft
Spain

I also have the same vibration problem with the gimbal would it be posible to include me in the mailing of the solve software please. wmail is jeremycedwards@gmail.com
2017-9-27
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules