Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Whine/Vibration
1234Next >
8722 137 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JamesGrant
Flight distance : 3740 ft

United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

My Phantom 4 Pro has developed a whine/vibration on the gimbal when stationary. Sometimes moving the gimbal gets rid of it. Any ideas anyone? I've searched the forums and seen people mention O-Rings?

2017-7-18
Use props
racer888
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

If that is still under warranty or you have DJI care I would suggest getting it repaired. That does not sound good!
2017-7-18
Use props
JamesGrant

United Kingdom

racer888 Posted at 2017-7-18 13:15
If that is still under warranty or you have DJI care I would suggest getting it repaired. That does not sound good!

It should be under warranty but I bought it second hand and need the original buyer to locate the invoice. Support has said they probably won't fix it under warranty without one....
2017-7-18
Use props
MeDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1245548 ft
Italy

In that position it wouldn't sound like that ...hope you can get the recipe .You should ALWAYS  ask for a recipe  when you buy a used drone.I hope that you will manage to fix it...
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is a known issue and we are working on this, could you please provide your DJI account Email address with us?  We would like to release a beta firmware to your account to update for this case.
2017-7-19
Use props
JamesGrant

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 00:42
It is a known issue and we are working on this, could you please provide your DJI account Email address with us?  We would like to release a beta firmware to your account to update for this case.

Thank you! I have PM'd you my email
2017-7-19
Use props
Aces_High
United States

DJI Thor -

After updating my P4P about 3 weeks ago to the latest firmware, I immediately began to get the same sound from my gimbal.  I had NEVER heard any strange noises from my drone prior to the firmware update.  This leads me to believe that the P4P firmware update is the root cause.  Unfortunately, I am not able to revert back to the older firmware to see if the problem goes away (the previous firmware is no longer available).  Any chance I could be included on the beta firmware test...or do you have any suggestions?  Thank-you!
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JamesGrant Posted at 2017-7-19 05:19
Thank you! I have PM'd you my email

The beta firmware was sent to your account. Please connect your drone and mobile device and the internet to get the push notifications.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Aces_High Posted at 2017-7-19 05:52
DJI Thor -

After updating my P4P about 3 weeks ago to the latest firmware, I immediately began to get the same sound from my gimbal.  I had NEVER heard any strange noises from my drone prior to the firmware update.  This leads me to believe that the P4P firmware update is the root cause.  Unfortunately, I am not able to revert back to the older firmware to see if the problem goes away (the previous firmware is no longer available).  Any chance I could be included on the beta firmware test...or do you have any suggestions?  Thank-you!

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you also please leave me your email address? We would release a beta firmware to your account to update for this case.
BTW, please click the "Reply" button if you send me something so I can get the reminder and deal with it faster. Thank you.
2017-7-19
Use props
Aces_High
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 19:09
Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you also please leave me your email address? We would release a beta firmware to your account to update for this case.
BTW, please click the "Reply" button if you send me something so I can get the reminder and deal with it faster. Thank you.

Thanks....it is:        achapas@cox.net
2017-7-20
Use props
Aces_High
United States

DJI Thor - I was finally able to load the BETA firmware on my P4P tonight.  Prior to and during the first few moments of the update, the gimbal 'whine' could be easily heard (which was my original complaint).  During the firmware update, the 'whine' sound finally stopped, and I have not heard it since.  I took a 20 minute flight and did not encounter any problems nor did whine sound return.  

Thus far, I am very pleased with the beta firmware.  I will continue to test as I can over the next several days and let you know if I encounter any problems.  

Thank-you!
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Aces_High Posted at 2017-7-25 19:49
DJI Thor - I was finally able to load the BETA firmware on my P4P tonight.  Prior to and during the first few moments of the update, the gimbal 'whine' could be easily heard (which was my original complaint).  During the firmware update, the 'whine' sound finally stopped, and I have not heard it since.  I took a 20 minute flight and did not encounter any problems nor did whine sound return.  

Thus far, I am very pleased with the beta firmware.  I will continue to test as I can over the next several days and let you know if I encounter any problems.  

Thanks for the feedback, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-7-25
Use props
djiuser_Nrbj0sy
New
Flight distance : 73064 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 21:11
Thanks for the feedback, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.

Hello Thor. I have the absolutely same problem. After my second flight these vibrations have started. Would you please send me this beta firmware? I pm u my mailadress.
2017-7-30
Use props
fansd9d00713
lvl.1
Flight distance : 425210 ft
United States

Dji Thor will you please send me the software as well jimmykid1@gmail
2017-7-30
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 21:11

I just got my P4Pro back from having other issues fixed. It is a different drone to the one I sent away but when I first turned it on, it had the previous firmware but the gimbal was smooth and no noise. I updated the firmware and during the update the gimbal started to make the exact same noise and vibration.
Would love to get the beta firmware also.
jenee.molyneux@gmail.com
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_Nrbj0sy Posted at 2017-7-30 15:51
Hello Thor. I have the absolutely same problem. After my second flight these vibrations have started. Would you please send me this beta firmware? I pm u my mailadress.

Yes, I got your PM, I had informed our engineers to release the beta firmware to your account.
Please connect your drone and mobile device, launch DJI GO 4 app with the account you provide logged in, connect to the internet to get the push notifications.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansd9d00713 Posted at 2017-7-30 23:09
Dji Thor will you please send me the software as well jimmykid1@gmail

I had informed our engineers to release the beta firmware to your account.
Please connect your drone and mobile device, launch DJI GO 4 app with the account you provide logged in, connect to the internet to get the push notifications.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-3 20:18
I just got my P4Pro back from having other issues fixed. It is a different drone to the one I sent away but when I first turned it on, it had the previous firmware but the gimbal was smooth and no noise. I updated the firmware and during the update the gimbal started to make the exact same noise and vibration.
Would love to get the beta firmware also.

2017-8-5
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 04:15

Thanks very much. That all worked and the gimbal is now working correctly with no noise or vibration. Greatly appreciated.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-5 21:10
Thanks very much. That all worked and the gimbal is now working correctly with no noise or vibration. Greatly appreciated.

We are pleased to hear this has been resolved, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we’d love to help.
2017-8-7
Use props
fansff084205
New
Namibia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-8-7
Use props
DavidB88
New

United States

2017-8-7
Use props
rickoshayphotos
lvl.1
New Zealand

2017-8-12
Use props
Julius_Cesar_Fi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 894715 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I have the same problem, can you help me? (DJI THOR)
2017-8-22
Use props
Julius_Cesar_Fi
lvl.1
  • >>>
Brazil

2017-8-22
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-7 03:32
We are pleased to hear this has been resolved, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we’d love to help.

Not sure if this only happens on the beta firmware but it certainly is a bug.
If you change from NTSC to Pal or Pal to NTSC, the gimbal does a slow turn down and left and an error message appears saying "Gimbal roll reached movement limit". The gimbal does not centre itself and I have to turn the drone off and then on again to get the gimbal centered again.  I have tried this more than once and it keeps happening. I think it has something to do with having the camera restart.
Can you ask the technicians to look at this please.
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Julius_Cesar_Fi Posted at 2017-8-22 03:59
DJI THOR - I have the same problem, can you help me? my email jullius_c@hotmail.com Thk´s a lot.

Yes, I had forwarded it to our engineers. Please check your account later.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-22 19:38
Not sure if this only happens on the beta firmware but it certainly is a bug.
If you change from NTSC to Pal or Pal to NTSC, the gimbal does a slow turn down and left and an error message appears saying "Gimbal roll reached movement limit". The gimbal does not centre itself and I have to turn the drone off and then on again to get the gimbal centered again.  I have tried this more than once and it keeps happening. I think it has something to do with having the camera restart.
Can you ask the technicians to look at this please.

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please provide us with a video for this case if possible? That might help a lot. Thank you so much.
2017-8-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-24 04:28
Thanks for your feedback. Could you please provide us with a video for this case if possible? That might help a lot. Thank you so much.

Here is the video. At the end, the gimbal is slanted and won't change unless the Phantom is turned off and then on again. Not sure if you can hear it, but the gimbal also makes that strange sound again.

2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-24 22:05
Here is the video. At the end, the gimbal is slanted and won't change unless the Phantom is turned off and then on again. Not sure if you can hear it, but the gimbal also makes that strange sound again.

https://youtu.be/lw3YxI087VQ

Thank you so much. It's my fault that I forgot to remind you to also provide the screenshot firmware version interface. I had forwarded this case to our engineers, will also keep it updated once I heard from them.
2017-8-25
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-25 01:21
Thank you so much. It's my fault that I forgot to remind you to also provide the screenshot firmware version interface. I had forwarded this case to our engineers, will also keep it updated once I heard from them.

Here is the screenshot showing the versions.
IMG_0028.jpg
2017-8-25
Use props
TravisSRT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

2017-8-27
Use props
Julius_Cesar_Fi
lvl.1
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-24 04:19
Yes, I had forwarded it to our engineers. Please check your account later.

At the moment I downgraded and the problem disappeared. I think it's this beta version that might be in trouble.
2017-8-28
Use props
jburkett
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi , we have found that this is because of the camera reboot after the PAL/NTSC switching which makes the connection between FC and gimbal interrupted for a while. this behavior will do no harm to the hardware and  we will optimize its behavior , thanks for your feedback !
2017-8-28
Use props
allister10
lvl.1
Ireland

2017-8-28
Use props
lewiscooper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 324304 ft
United States

2017-8-28
Use props
lewiscooper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 324304 ft
United States

2017-8-28
Use props
PeteBourne
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Thor, I have the same problem following the firmware update. I have sent you a private message with my address.
2017-8-29
Use props
Romulus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612608 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same problem here. DJI Thor i sent you a PM with my Account for the  BETA. Hope this work and fix the problem.
2017-8-29
Use props
Rafael Castro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24961 ft
Brazil

2017-8-29
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now