Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Fully Charged Light?
9555 25 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cervelofan
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I currenty have two batteries with my Spark, each displaying quite different fully-charged behavior. One of them is exactly like in the Spark manual, all 4 LEDs are off after ~1hr of charge. The other one is kind of confusing, as it goes in cycle like '1-2-3-4--wait--1', making it looks like it is still in the final stage of charging, but with a blink of LED-1 after. I cannot find this behavior in the manual. The battery is flying just fine. (not full 15 minutes, but not too short either) Is there anything wrong with my battery?

Min
2017-7-18
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
France

How is the votalge reading? Also make sure it sits firmly when charging and the contacts are clean.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please make a small video showing the situation you mentioned?
Besides, after it's fully charged, please check the battery info via APP and upload a screenshot here, thank you very much!
2017-7-19
Use props
Cervelofan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia,

here is the video of the light sequence:

Here is the battery status screenshot:

2017-7-21
Use props
Cervelofan
lvl.1
United States

screen shot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... ZYQWZPWE1sUzFr/view
2017-7-21
Use props
Cervelofan
lvl.1
United States

I tried to leave it charging in this state for 8 hours, and it never ends.
2017-7-21
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

What does the battery level read in the dji go 4 app when you plug it into the spark and connect?

Otherwise, it definitely seems to be faulty, raise it with DJI support if you haven't already.
2017-7-21
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried flying with it?
2017-7-21
Use props
Cervelofan
lvl.1
United States

the battery works just fine. the battery screenshot was displayed above -- everything looked fine. it's just the light that looked strange.
2017-7-22
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You should claim the battery.
2017-7-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cervelofan Posted at 2017-7-22 05:59
the battery works just fine. the battery screenshot was displayed above -- everything looked fine. it's just the light that looked strange.

Thank you for the details, I have reported this situation to engineers, will get back to you once I hear from them.
Please click "Reply" button so I can get a remind, appreciate it.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cervelofan Posted at 2017-7-21 17:54
DJI Natalia,

here is the video of the light sequence:

Update:
Please do not fly aircraft with this battery, neither discharge or charge the battery.
We're now evaluating this situation with engineers, I will let you know the solution once I get the confirmation, appreciate your patience and support!
2017-7-25
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

..oh boy...i am all tingly for what this maybe...
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cervelofan Posted at 2017-7-22 05:59

If the Led status does not change back to normal, it acts as the video all the time, then it needs to be sent in for evaluation.
You could contact our support here to get a case number and send it in: http://www.dji.com/support/product
2017-7-26
Use props
Cervelofan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-26 05:18
If the Led status does not change back to normal, it acts as the video all the time, then it needs to be sent in for evaluation.
You could contact our support here to get a case number and send it in: http://www.dji.com/support/product

DJI Natalia: 所以原因不明?现在两颗电池都是这样子。
2017-7-28
Use props
Cervelofan
lvl.1
United States

I flew with these batteries 3-4 times before I saw this reply. they actually worked pretty well. I just don't understand.
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cervelofan Posted at 2017-7-28 02:54
I flew with these batteries 3-4 times before I saw this reply. they actually worked pretty well. I just don't understand.

Sorry for any trouble caused.
Would you please upgrade aircraft  then check again?
Besides, may I know where you're located recently and where you purchased the batteries?
2017-7-30
Use props
Cervelofan
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-30 22:11
Besides, may I know where you're located recently and where you purchased the batteries?

I bought Spark in the united stated but I am traveling with it now. I was actually in Shenzhen, 2km away from DJI HQ 2 days ago.
2017-7-31
Use props
Cervelofan
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-30 22:11

I have updated the spark firmware and DJI4 app while in Shenzhen. The battery light still behaved like the undocumented behavior for ONE battery. The other battery is normal.  
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cervelofan Posted at 2017-7-31 17:07
I have updated the spark firmware and DJI4 app while in Shenzhen. The battery light still behaved like the undocumented behavior for ONE battery. The other battery is normal.

Would you please PM me your contact info (Phone number you use in China), we'll contact you to follow up the case.
2017-8-1
Use props
djiuser_Hh1qIbG
Flight distance : 7585 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-1 04:39
Would you please PM me your contact info (Phone number you use in China), we'll contact you to follow up the case.

I purchased a battery from BestBuy and it is exhibiting the same behavior as described above. I’m returning it.
2017-8-31
Use props
Rhodders
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the exact same issue with my battery (as video above). Has been like this since i purchased the drone back in December from the DJI website.
2018-4-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

Is the battery swollen at all?
2018-4-2
Use props
Nicfernando
lvl.1
Philippines

Hi. I just bought the Spark yesterday. I have the same issue. 4 lights blink 1-2-3-4 then 1 light then back to 1-2-3-4. 1 battery did this, the other one from the package was fine. After 1 flight using both batteries, both batteries are now doing this.
2018-8-7
Use props
Nicfernando
lvl.1
Philippines

Note that when i checked, there wasnt any updates needed and despite charging it twice now, counter says charged times: 1.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nicfernando Posted at 2018-8-7 23:27
Hi. I just bought the Spark yesterday. I have the same issue. 4 lights blink 1-2-3-4 then 1 light then back to 1-2-3-4. 1 battery did this, the other one from the package was fine. After 1 flight using both batteries, both batteries are now doing this.

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you manage to use this battery? Are you getting an error message on the DJI GO 4app? Where did you purchase this unit? I would like to ask as well if this is the first time you encounter this issue?
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules