Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Assistant 2 / Windows 10 Stuck Transmitting July Firmware Update
2949 13 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Air America Web
lvl.1
United States

1. Reinstalled and reuploaded firmare update.
2. Ran as Administrator
Software downloaded fine. When it came to transmit to aircraft 0% for hours.
3. Rebooted PC and repeated steps 1-2

Same results...
I can see sdcard when connected!
However Assistant 2 becomes unresponsive on transmit upload to aircraft.
Also noticed July firmware took a long time to download.
Large file or server traffic...

2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Had you tried to upgrade the firmware by DJI GO 4 app directly?
2017-7-19
Use props
fansfe1fc0cc
New
Ireland

Just to put a note here.  I had exactly the same issue with recent DJI Assistant.  It seems the unsigned drivers they use (why?) and also a broken previous firmware somewhere this year are causing a myriad of issues.  I tried a PC a Mac and my iPhone to do the updates, and it failed.  Eventually I borrowed a friends android phone and it worked first time!  Since then it continues to work with Windows and IOS and Mac!  Unbelievable!
2017-11-15
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

You might consider disabling unsigned driver signature enforcement : https://www.maketecheasier.com/i ... -drivers-windows10/

Another option, which I have done myself because I'm a Linux user, is simply install a Windows 7 VM in Virtualbox.  The only caveat is that you cannot perform VPS calibration in a VM.
2017-11-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. I don't believe this issue is related to the unsigned drivers (there's two: the Vision driver and an androidusb driver). I've been aware of that issue since early versions of Assistant 2 v1.1.x, and have always installed AND run Assistant 4 with driver signature enforcement off since. It affects the operation of the Vision drivers which stop VPS configuration working properly.

And I've recently started to have this issue also, so this "Transmitting 0%" issue is different. There are other threads here discussing it, with DJI Susan asking for copies of the Assistant 2 logs to be sent to her. Common thinking so far is that the latest Win 10 update did more than just add features...
2017-11-15
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-15 13:16
Hi. I don't believe this issue is related to the unsigned drivers (there's two: the Vision driver and an androidusb driver). I've been aware of that issue since early versions of Assistant 2 v1.1.x, and have always installed AND run Assistant 4 with driver signature enforcement off since. It affects the operation of the Vision drivers which stop VPS configuration working properly.

And I've recently started to have this issue also, so this "Transmitting 0%" issue is different. There are other threads here discussing it, with DJI Susan asking for copies of the Assistant 2 logs to be sent to her. Common thinking so far is that the latest Win 10 update did more than just add features...

You are right, but I can do VPS calibration very well but on transmitting firmware it gives a fail
2017-11-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-21 10:35
You are right, but I can do VPS calibration very well but on transmitting firmware it gives a fail

Yeah, I can't explain that one. Different editions of Win 10 perhaps? Different  USB drivers? Different... ? We work in a complex world.
2017-11-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Weird.  I have Windows 10 Home edition (Version 10.0.16299  Build 16299) and no issues with the recent firmware upgrade with the Inspire 2, but it was not a Beta build as with the P4 series.

The download via Assistant 2 took me 20 minutes (I only can get a slow 1 Mbps download speed due to location.), and the Transmitting (To the Inspire 2) took maybe the same along with the Install portion which was maybe a total of 30 minutes for both of those.  Entire process was maybe 50 minutes, and then I had to redo some further update due to the camera swap, but it went quick - maybe <3 minutes.

Wonder if it has something to do with the P4 Beta build itself?  I'm not trying the P4 beta...yet.

2017-11-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-21 17:16
Weird.  I have Windows 10 Home edition (Version 10.0.16299  Build 16299) and no issues with the recent firmware upgrade with the Inspire 2, but it was not a Beta build as with the P4 series.

The download via Assistant 2 took me 20 minutes (I only can get a slow 1 Mbps download speed due to location.), and the Transmitting (To the Inspire 2) took maybe the same along with the Install portion which was maybe a total of 30 minutes for both of those.  Entire process was maybe 50 minutes, and then I had to redo some further update due to the camera swap, but it went quick - maybe

Hi. Thanks for that. But no firmware will load now - beta or otherwise - and it was able to a month or so ago. And I was trying to install firmware on my P4P as well as P4. But you're confirming it's not a straight issue.

I'm running the Win 10 Pro 64-bit edition on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I'm now wondering if there's a driver conflict. Apparently Garmin wearables with FAT/FAT32-formatted storage had similar issues being detected via USB after the Fall Creators update, which Garmin resolved by releasing a new version of their PC software. Could be similar, but who knows.

Update is still available via the GO app, so I'm not greatly concerned yet - but it's  not my preferred method.
2017-11-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-21 17:36
Hi. Thanks for that. But no firmware will load now - beta or otherwise - and it was able to a month or so ago. And I was trying to install firmware on my P4P as well as P4. But you're confirming it's not a straight issue.

I'm running the Win 10 Pro 64-bit edition on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I'm now wondering if there's a driver conflict. Apparently Garmin wearables with FAT/Fat32-formatted storage had similar issues being detected via USB after the Fall Creators update, which Garmin resolved by releasing a new version of their PC software. Could be similar, but who knows.

Interesting you mentioned Garmin.

I have two of their units: a hiking unit as well as a motorcycle unit.  I never could get Garmin Express to download and install from the update within Garmin Express to do the map updates.  It would always crash around 30-50% so I would do the manual download and install of Garmin Express through their website which always worked.

Garmin told me to set up a new user account to download it as they claimed that a new user account seemed to fix the download matter when updating within Garmin Express.  I see that in some of the Garmin forums that worked as well.  I never tried it and just resorted to the manual download which always worked.

Wonder if creating a new user account to use for DJI much like Garmin would fix it?

Fwiw, the most recent download I tried of Garmin Express did download and install correctly without crashing out and needing a manual download and install.  Something changed somewhere, either with  Garmin or Windows 10.  Maybe Garmin got some verified driver thing with M.S.?  Dunno.
2017-11-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-21 18:22
Interesting you mentioned Garmin.

I have two of their units: a hiking unit as well as a motorcycle unit.  I never could get Garmin Express to download and install from the update within Garmin Express to do the map updates.  It would always crash around 30-50% so I would do the manual download and install of Garmin Express through their website which always worked.

Interesting. But here is the reference in case you're interested: https://support.microsoft.com/en ... -anniversary-update

Assistant 2 can detect the craft when it starts up, Assistant 2 can download and enumerate the firmware modules (which is done by PC), but when it comes to upload the modules to the craft it stops, and waits, and waits, and...
2017-11-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-21 18:33
Interesting. But here is the reference in case you're interested: https://support.microsoft.com/en ... -anniversary-update

Assistant 2 can detect the craft when it starts up, Assistant 2 can download and enumerate the firmware modules (which is done by PC), but when it comes to upload the modules to the craft it stops, and waits, and waits, and...

hmm...  Sounds like the driver is connecting to get Assistant 2 to start and download.

I never leave the SD card in my drones P4 & I2 when I do them.  Is your memory card out or it or maybe corrupted if still installed and Assistant is accessing it?

Only other thing I can think of is something in the Windows transfer-to-drone fouled up in the Startup or possibly the Services part of Windows 10 (TaskManager).  I've had issues with some stuff where I had to go into Services and turn a lot of stuff to On from being Disabled to make it work.  Something in your security may have one of the needed Services stopped, but which one as there is a lot of them.

2017-11-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-21 19:11
hmm...  Sounds like the driver is connecting to get Assistant 2 to start and download.

I never leave the SD card in my drones P4 & I2 when I do them.  Is your memory card out or it or maybe corrupted if still installed and Assistant is accessing it?

Good thinking, although I've tried the SD Card in AND out. Makes no difference. Possible about the services, although I'd need to understand what was added/changed by the Win update.

It's like Assistant 2 has done the preparation step and just decides to sit there - perhaps it's missing a hand-shake from the craft? Anyway, logs have been provided to DJI, so I hope they are looking at them.
2017-11-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-21 19:23
Good thinking, although I've tried the SD Card in AND out. Makes no difference. Possible about the services, although I'd need to understand what was added/changed by the Win update.

It's like Assistant 2 has done the preparation step and just decides to sit there - perhaps it's missing a hand-shake from the craft? Anyway, logs have been provided to DJI, so I hope they are looking at them.

This MS site has some FixIt utilities for various issues.  Some are for connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en ... -easy-fix-solutions

This might help if a Group Policy is set to Read but not Write with a USB port.

http://techgenix.com/control-usb-devices-group-policy/

Good luck!
2017-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules