I am traveling to China and the Philippines , any advices at the ...
3175 21 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8fea8e1f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22979 ft
United States

Hello guys ,
I am traveling to China and the Philippines late September  , any advices at the  Airports ??
I am worry  that they will confiscate my drone at the Airport  .... DJI or batteries issues or anything else .

Feel free to give me your  feedback please .
Thanks,

Yomango35

2017-7-19
Use props
D_Man_NY
New
Flight distance : 39911 ft
United States

Not sure if your question is specific to China/Philippines. I've traveled a number of times going through the airports within US, Canada and Caribbean. Always bring my drone as carry-on. Biggest issue I had is they wanted to open the backpack and "swipe" for explosives. If you bringing batteries onboard, no issues. If you put them in the luggage need to put them in the special bags, in to prevent fire.

Hope this helps.
2017-7-21
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

China? I wouldn't take the chance with a communist country. You probably heard of our Canuck who got arrested flying a drone in Havana? He got released 10 days after but the Canadian Ministry of Foreign Affairs told the family to expect for the worst.
2017-7-21
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-21 16:44
China? I wouldn't take the chance with a communist country. You probably heard of our Canuck who got arrested flying a drone in Havana? He got released 10 days after but the Canadian Ministry of Foreign Affairs told the family to expect for the worst.

Pretty idiotic comment seeing as the DJI drones are made in China.  I have flown with mine to Philippines as hand carry no issues.  Also you can bring them into and out of China without issues. Going to Shenzen in two weeks will maybe do some flying there. I take my P3S in my hard case DJI Backpack bag.

Sunset from Cebu island to Negros Occidental island.  You are supposed to be registered to fly in Philippines.

SUNSET.jpg
2017-7-21
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

My wife use to be a manager at the Macau International Airport.  She is also from the Philippines and tells me that there are no restrictions carrying your drone on the plane.  In fact, she says a lot of people are now traveling to the Philippines with drones to capture their vacations, and the Philippines loves having their nation's beautiful landscapes shared in such a way on YouTube.  There are also no requirements to contact the Philippine Aviation Administration for personal drones, just the usual common sense rules we have in the U.S. and Canada.  I also am bringing my P4P to Manila and Palawan in December/January.  Looking forward to capturing some great photos and videos.  Mubahay!
2017-8-17
Use props
Magicj23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1989557 ft
United States

I just came from the Philippines and had no problems at all taking my drone but I did get a CAAP auth letter just in case
2017-8-17
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I also just went to China where I bought another DJI Drone in Shenzen, China.  P3S SE

No probs with flying through airports I hand carried the drone in a DJI bag in it's original carton.
2017-8-17
Use props
Magicj23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1989557 ft
United States

you will enjoy the many sites they have with your drone i just returned from china and the philippines
2017-9-11
Use props
fans8fea8e1f
lvl.2
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-7-21 19:07
Pretty idiotic comment seeing as the DJI drones are made in China.  I have flown with mine to Philippines as hand carry no issues.  Also you can bring them into and out of China without issues. Going to Shenzen in two weeks will maybe do some flying there. I take my P3S in my hard case DJI Backpack bag.

Sunset from Cebu island to Negros Occidental island.  You are supposed to be registered to fly in Philippines.

how do i register in the Philippines??? any idea???
2017-9-17
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

Here is what I have from the Philippines for you:  
I have been advised that as of August 2017, the CAAP has notified all customs individuals to ALLOW international entry with drones without the requirement of a permit from the CAAP.  However, if you still want to apply for a permit, as I have already done so, here is the info:

Contact information for request letter to fly drones in Philippines: Email Address:  weguevarrajr@caap.gov.ph
Addressed to Captain Donaldo A. Mendoza.
Include your home address, stating purpose of operating drone (be sure to clarify it is for recreation), and attach Serial Number and Specifications of drone.
2017-9-17
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

fans8fea8e1f Posted at 2017-9-17 17:39
how do i register in the Philippines??? any idea???

P.S.  May I ask what brings you to and how long will you be in PH?  We'll be arriving early December through January.  Plan to fly in some secluded parts of Palawan, and (If I'm brave enough) some parts of metro Manila (Las Pinas)

2017-9-17
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

Magicj23 Posted at 2017-8-17 11:56
I just came from the Philippines and had no problems at all taking my drone but I did get a CAAP auth letter just in case

thanks for advising the Airport situation.  Likewise, I requested the same "just in case", but its refreshing to hear confirmation that customs is complying with the August 2017 CAAP letter to permit entry for UAVs.
2017-9-17
Use props
fans8fea8e1f
lvl.2
United States

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-17 19:10
P.S.  May I ask what brings you to and how long will you be in PH?  We'll be arriving early December through January.  Plan to fly in some secluded parts of Palawan, and (If I'm brave enough) some parts of metro Manila (Las Pinas)

I am going to Manila September  30 for a week only.....Including Coron palawan....I hope  its safe there ...with my drone !!!!
2017-9-18
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

fans8fea8e1f Posted at 2017-9-18 13:06
I am going to Manila September  30 for a week only.....Including Coron palawan....I hope  its safe there ...with my drone !!!!

Wow, one week?  I don't think I could handle anything less than A MONTH when we go to the PH.  So much to do!  I've been to the PH a dozen times at least and have never had an issue.   
Two suggestions about Manila:  
1)  Powerlines... they're everywhere!  Be very cautions ascending and descending .
2)  You most likely will draw a small crowd of kids and maybe some adults.  Be wary when you take off and land that the eager kids don't either interfere or try to pick up the UAV.  I've had friends hold the drone over their heads in times where landing around people might be an issue.  
Coron Palawan won't offer any problems, only tons of beautiful things to film so bring extra batteries and extra MircroSD card.  
We are building our home outside of Puerto Princessa Palaan.  I can't wait to be there!  Enjoy your visit!
2017-9-18
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Hello. i do live  in China.  there is something you SHOULD know. pm
2017-9-18
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Hello. i do live  in China.  there is something you SHOULD know. pm
2017-9-18
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

pm just because I am tired with those "know them alls" here
2017-9-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I hope that you have a safe and uneventful trip.

Looking forward to seeing some of your drone adventures on video... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-18
Use props
Twins Fan
New
United States

fans8fea8e1f Posted at 2017-9-18 13:06
I am going to Manila September  30 for a week only.....Including Coron palawan....I hope  its safe there ...with my drone !!!!

I will be in Coron, Palawan the middle of January '18. Looking forward to it!
2017-12-12
Use props
dayviduk
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Would love to visit China one day
2017-12-17
Use props
MME07
lvl.1
United States

"Flying to Manila in March with my drone, what is the current Philippines Drone Law and Regulations?

Should drone owners obtain certificate of authorization from Philippines Aviation Authority so it won't be confiscated at NAIA?

Aircraft: Dji Spark
Weight: 300g
Dimension: 143 x 143x 55mm
Battery: 1480 mAh"
2018-1-10
Use props
Brandy257
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I just spent 4 hours to help a Mexican friend to register her drone when she travels to China.

During which I realized how hard it is for foreigners to register any drone if (normally) you can’t read Chinese and don’t have a Mainland Chinese mobile number (+86).

Especially the registration system has many IT bugs and you definitely will waste a lot of time reading Q&As as I did.

Therefore I am glad to offer the registration service at 19.99 USD per drone:

Contact email: BRANDYWANG@OUTLOOK.COM

2019-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules