Crash conformed with warranty, Free maintenance.
960 7 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb158e64e
New
United States

Was taking a few shots the other day near the beach, I was waiting for a good oppurtunity since its been pretty windy where im at. Anyways, was flying perfectly fine, when all of a sudden I recieved a "Trasmission Error" message and very shortly after My aircraft disconnected. I filed a repair report with the last video attached and DJI ruled that my crash was under warranty and that they will provide free maintenence. Im really glad because this was a pretty big investment for me and I dont think it was user error, regardless I was ready to pay a reasonable sum or call it a loss and try to sell the damaged goods.

I believe it was an error on the front facing sensors, I had been having some trouble with them in previous flights just getting used to flying. For example, I was at an open park with my friend and wanted to show him the obstacle avoidence feature. So in good faith I slowly flew the drone chest level towards him, the drone did not detect him at all and I had to stop it myself, other times I have had it dected small objects so I know the feature still works.

As for the support, it has been ok. I shipped it one week ago and i just got the assement today, I contacted an online representative and they told me it would take another 10-15 buisness days to get my drone back to me. Dont get me wrong, Im blessed to be under the warranty, but will be down 3+ weeks because of this incident. Worst part is that the repair center in Cerritos, CA is 20 mins away from me, is there anyway i can expedite this process?

Thank you DJI for the support, glad to have bought such a quality product.

2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the crash accident, Would you please leave me with your case number so that I can check the status and expedite the repair process for you.
2017-7-19
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So are you basically saying that you crashed into something by accident maybe even on a test and because the obstacle avoidance didn't work they are deeming that it was not a pilot error?  If this is deemed the case, then wow this is a fantastic warranty, good job DJI!
2017-7-19
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Id make sure to calibrate your obstacle avoidance features on the dji assistant 2
2017-7-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Apparently you mean repair.  Not maintenance.  
2017-7-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

'So in good faith I slowly flew the drone chest level towards him, the drone did not detect him at all and I had to stop it myself'

So you deliberately flew a drone towards another person?

Wow!
2017-7-19
Use props
fans32fcb58d
New

Israel

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-19 04:36
We are sorry for the crash accident, Would you please leave me with your case number so that I can check the status and expedite the repair process for you.

Hey, Ths main service forum is not letting me post.. I will ask here, can someone please tell me how long it should take from the moment I paid via bank transfer to the moment Dji will see the moving money?
http://Oregon
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans32fcb58d Posted at 2017-7-20 18:39
Hey, Ths main service forum is not letting me post.. I will ask here, can someone please tell me how long it should take from the moment I paid via bank transfer to the moment Dji will see the moving money?
Oregon

It depends on different banks, have you finished payment? Please provide me the case number, I will help to look into the status.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules