Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH at current altitude confusion
3788 1 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Koppo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191726 ft
Germany

hello folks!

I am reading the manual and the RTH chapter is confusing as *****.
Please take a look at
4.b. NOTE.
When disabling RTH at current altitude, the aircraft will land automatically when between 3-20m from the homepoint. What does that mean? Will it land randomly on the field (not on the homepoint) when RTH is triggered in a < 20m radius?

How does enabled RTH at current altitude behave when e.g. the RTH altitude is 20m but I am flying on 30m and I press the RTH button? Will the drone then fly on 30 meters until the home point or will it descend to the RTH altitude and then fly home?

Does 4.b. ignore the RTH altitude when RTH at current altitude is set? The whole chapter is so confusing, DJI should explain it a bit more.
sparkmanual.PNG
2017-7-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/ if within 20m and RTH not enabled AC will land directly under the spot it's flying , it will hover at 0.3m then wait for command to land or just land if none.

2/
If you enable RTH within 3m to 20m your AC will fly at present height and land at homepoint, if its lower than 2.5m it will ascend to 2.5m and return to homepoint

3/ again enabled RTH at 20m will RTH at 20m, enabled RTH is different than failsafe rth. In failsafe if you have set RTH at 20m and are flying at 30m then AC will RTH at 30m, if you were at 10m and failsafe was set at 20m AC will ascend to 20m and RTH .

So in conclusion if you are flying in a safe open area don't enable and aircraft will just land, if you enable make sure 2.5m will cover you for not hitting anything in your 20m surroundings.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules