Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
sys warning and drone gone
2250 17 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans731a86c9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9623 ft
Italy

I don’t understand how it can be, at the time of sale, the drone is sold as safe, at any time by clicking the “return to home”, it back home!

After 50 minutes of flight, we had 19 satellites connected and no anomaly reporting.
The drone at that time by 2 reports, in rapid succession, at a distance of one second the first from the second ,:
Warning: Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode " and "Warning: [IMU] heading exception (in flight) please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally"
I
try immediately to get it down to fix the anomalies but he instantly begins to go in a direction I did not tell him.
It seemed that the controller could no longer communicate with the drone, there was a total loss of control of the drone and the controller.
Instantly, in a second, after 50 minutes of flight, the controller reported faults that had previously not signaled and the drone stopped responding to the commands given

so :

·         We tried to return to the manual command via the "pause"

·         We tried to resume the command by giving it "return to home"

·         We tried to resume the command by giving it "land where you are"

·         We tried to turn the antennas in the direction of the drone

NOTHING No response and no change of route: the drone did not take any manual command and the CONTROLLER continued to report SYS WARNING.

Unfortunately, seeing that the drone did not respond to commands, I did the only thing I could do to not lose it: run behind it
.... i lose it ...

I'm opening a case but i would like to know :     
·         what happened

·         Where the drone is, help me to find it (2 days that i'm searching it in the woods ... with any hope....)

·         In case I do not find the drone if you replace it with a warranty, since the problem does not seem to be my responsibility

thank you

2017-7-19
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Did you try Find My Drone in the GO 4 app?   It will guide you to the last GPS position reported by the drone.  Be sure to look up :-)
2017-7-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Please upload the TXT file from the flight using these instructions and then post a link to the uploaded log in this thread and we may be able to suggest where to look for it. As for explaining why this occurred, recovering the lost drone will also make it much more likely that we can figure out what happened. Good luck.
2017-7-19
Use props
fans731a86c9
lvl.1
Italy

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-19 06:39
Please upload the TXT file from the flight using these instructions and then post a link to the uploaded log in this thread and we may be able to suggest where to look for it. As for explaining why this occurred, recovering the lost drone will also make it much more likely that we can figure out what happened. Good luck.

OK thank you, just at home.
Has it ever happened that without drone, for non-user reasons, dji sent a new drone or made a discount on the next purchase?
Has just 20 hours flight ....
2017-7-19
Use props
fans731a86c9
lvl.1
Italy

Griffith Posted at 2017-7-19 06:37
Did you try Find My Drone in the GO 4 app?   It will guide you to the last GPS position reported by the drone.  Be sure to look up :-)

I tried to open the txt file with HealthyDrones (i know it is not recommended) but they are detected a position that apparently is what we followed for a while, find my drone finds the last position it had before losing the signal , it's not there.
2017-7-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

fans731a86c9 Posted at 2017-7-19 06:50
I tried to open the txt file with HealthyDrones (i know it is not recommended) but they are detected a position that apparently is what we followed for a while, find my drone finds the last position it had before losing the signal , it's not there.

Please don't use HealthyDrones; the PhantomHelp site I linked to will provide more information and is more useful for a case like yours.
2017-7-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

fans731a86c9 Posted at 2017-7-19 06:47
OK thank you, just at home.
Has it ever happened that without drone, for non-user reasons, dji sent a new drone or made a discount on the next purchase?
Has just 20 hours flight ....

Yes, I've seen cases where DJI was willing to provide a warranty replacement even though the original drone wasn't recovered, but frankly it's rare and I haven't seen it happen in a while. Though it may seem unfair, they generally do require you to demonstrate that you weren't at fault, and that's much harder to do without first recovering the drone.

On the other hand, yes, they do seem to offer discounts -- 30% seems typical -- on a replacement pretty often, especially when the cause of the loss isn't clear.
2017-7-19
Use props
fans731a86c9
lvl.1
Italy

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-19 06:51
Please don't use HealthyDrones; the PhantomHelp site I linked to will provide more information and is more useful for a case like yours.

ok.
as soon as possible i using the instructions to see txt file with phantomhelp site.
thank you.
2017-7-19
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
United States

fans731a86c9 Posted at 2017-7-19 06:50

Use the Find My Drone feature of the GO 4 App.  It will literally  walk you to the last known position, just like a GPS guidance system in you car, it shows where you are and where you need to go.
2017-7-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-7-19 07:35
Use the Find My Drone feature of the GO 4 App.  It will literally  walk you to the last known position, just like a GPS guidance system in you car, it shows where you are and where you need to go.

Use the Find My Drone feature of the GO 4 App . . . it shows where you are and where you need to go.

Not always, apparently. It seems that in some cases Find My Drone incorrectly identifies the home point -- or at least a location very near it -- as the last known location even when there's data in the log indicating otherwise.
2017-7-19
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-19 07:45
Use the Find My Drone feature of the GO 4 App . . . it shows where you are and where you need to go.

Not always, apparently. It seems that in some cases Find My Drone incorrectly identifies the home point -- or at least a location very near it -- as the last known location even when there's data in the log indicating otherwise.

That's not good,  but I think I remember recently reading about a case where that apparently happened.

I purposely tried it once - landed in an adjacent field about 100 yards away.  Guided me right to it.
2017-7-19
Use props
fans731a86c9
lvl.1
Italy

Good morning,
I'm not very happy with the quality of the assistance I received ..  Today is exactly one week of work that I sent to dji support the data and I do not know anything yet!

My disappointment comes from the fact that I am also an analyst and a developer and I know what my intervention times are.
The drone was purchased for use during the holidays ... but for a mistake, not attributable to the pilot, I have no more!
I look forward to having an estimate of troubleshooting times and a fast, fast solution that dji can offer

My disappointment also stems from the fact that the first contact with dji was taken through the chat on July 17, 2017.
In this context, they said that they would open a case and send an email with the data request ... do you want to know when the email is coming? Today 10 days later ...
I think it's a bit too much, do not you think so?

Is there any of the dji that can give me some feedback or speed up verification?
2017-7-27
Use props
fans731a86c9
lvl.1
Italy

Is there anyone who works on dji support? please help me !!!
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans731a86c9 Posted at 2017-7-27 03:28
Is there anyone who works on dji support? please help me !!!

Sorry for your loss, could you please provide me your case number so I can look into it?
2017-7-27
Use props
Lalli
lvl.1
Italy

yes please help me :  CAS-811439-G8R4L1
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Lalli Posted at 2017-7-27 04:46
yes please help me :  CAS-811439-G8R4L1

I have responded the post on http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost
Please keep me updated there, thanks.
2017-7-27
Use props
Lalli
lvl.1
Italy

In your opinion, how long does it take to have an analysis of my flight?
Because I'm still waiting for 3 weeks
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Lalli Posted at 2017-8-7 06:06
In your opinion, how long does it take to have an analysis of my flight?
Because I'm still waiting for 3 weeks

Sorry for the delay, we've replied your another post, please check it.
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules