FC200 Firmware update
4044 38 2015-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Hello all, when I update my FC200 firmware and I put the SD card in the camera to update, when I turn the Phantom2 Vision Plus on, do I have to have my RC on also?, or can I just turn on the Phantom2 vision Plus. I notice the instruction don't say anything about turning on the RC (transmitter), BUT!!! I have also been told never turn on the Phantom  on by itself always turn on the transmitter an WIFI then the phantom. Thanks all for your advice.
2015-3-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

The transmitter does not need to be on.  You can turn on the Phantom by itself, it won't go anywhere.
2015-3-21
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Gerry, I just wasn't quite sure. I knew it wouldn't go any where's as I keep the props off in the house. I just didn't know if it would screw up the connection. Maybe you could answer this? why can't you turn the phantom on first and then then the transmitter & WIFI? I have always been curious to that. I have a Blade Nano and it has to be started the same way, transmitter then Nano. Any how thanks for your advice as always I appreciate your help.
2015-3-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-3-22 11:27
Thanks Gerry, I just wasn't quite sure. I knew it wouldn't go any where's as I keep the props off in ...

You can turn on the Phantom first. then the range extender and tx.  Make sure when you turn things off, the first is the camera, then the Phantom, then you can power the range extender and tx off.
I turn on the Phantom first and as I'm turning the rest on, I usually have enough sats already when I make the connection with wifi.
2015-3-21
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Well that is a new one on me?? where is the switch to turn the camera on/off at ???I always thought the camera turns on and off when you start the P2V+ and when you shut it down (with the smart battery).
2015-3-22
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-3-23 08:24
Well that is a new one on me?? where is the switch to turn the camera on/off at ???I always thought  ...

What I meant Tom is turning off the video first if you are recording.
2015-3-22
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Oh!! okay Gerry thank you!, My next question is this; I downloaded the  "FC200 firmware" to my computer, unzipped it. I formatted a micro- SD card and changed the file name to "firmware_plus.bin". This is what I don't understand, the instructions says " 2. Copy the "firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin" file into the root folder of an empty Micro-SD card" well when I formatted the card there is no folder there just blank space, so I copied the   "firmware_plus.bin" in the Micro-SD card is that okay or is there suppose to be some kind of folder in the micro-SD card? will it work without any folder? I don't want to screw up when I update my camera. Again thank you Gerry.
2015-3-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

TomWolves Posted at 2015-3-23 11:46
Oh!! okay Gerry thank you!, My next question is this; I downloaded the  "FC200 firmware" to my compu ...

Sorry to intrude Gerry, figure you might be eating dinner!!

Tom,
You will be fine with that, just insert SD Card, start Phantom and watch the blinkin lights...make sure it finishes Green...then power down Phantom and Power it up again...and make sure all still Green...
2015-3-22
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-3-23 11:46
Oh!! okay Gerry thank you!, My next question is this; I downloaded the  "FC200 firmware" to my compu ...

The root directory is your sd card.  just copy to the card, insert the card in the camera and watch for the lights.  It's all in your read me flie.
2015-3-22
Use props
memelivorno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

If you have on your p2v+ camera, firmware version 1.2.9g don't update. Wait until DJI will correct playability issues in video recorded with 1.3.0g...
2015-3-23
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

memelivorno@gma Posted at 2015-3-23 17:51
If you have on your p2v+ camera, firmware version 1.2.9g don't update. Wait until DJI will correct p ...

There is no playability issues with the 1.30, unless you did it wrong.
2015-3-23
Use props
memelivorno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

That's not true Gerry. As you can read in the threads that claim it, on samsung phones video recorded with 1.3.0g are no more playable with stock video player while with 1.2.9g were. There are some people claims that, you don't notice because you use an iPhone. But video recorded in 1.3.0g are different from 1.2.9g. And not in overall major quality, there is something different in the code.
2015-3-23
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

memelivorno@gma Posted at 2015-3-23 18:29
That's not true Gerry. As you can read in the threads that claim it, on samsung phones video recorde ...

If you have on your p2v+ camera, firmware version 1.2.9g don't update. Wait until DJI will correct playability issues in video recorded with 1.3.0g...

This statement as written is not true,  I have the 1.30 and have no problems.  Now, if you had made the statement "those people using Samsung phones are having playability problems, that would probably be true".  I don't use any phone, I have a tablet.
2015-3-23
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

memelivorno@gma Posted at 2015-3-23 18:29
That's not true Gerry. As you can read in the threads that claim it, on samsung phones video recorde ...

I have to agree with Gerry on this, an issue with one model phone that is very highly customized by the manufacturer, doesn't make this a DJI issue. Videos are various type of files mp4, mov, wma, jpg, raw.
once wriiten it is up to the device to have the software ,codecs to read the files.

I have a moto x and have issues with some things my wifes nexus doesn't , very common
2015-3-24
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

If i just bought my Phantom directly from DJI this week, will the camera already come updated?
2015-3-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-3-25 10:47
If i just bought my Phantom directly from DJI this week, will the camera already come updated?

It might have been sitting on the shelf for a month.  Your best bet is to calibrate everything when you get it and do any and all updates that is available.
2015-3-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-25 10:50
It might have been sitting on the shelf for a month.  Your best bet is to calibrate everything whe ...

Or two months, but either way, do the updates when it comes in...
I have an iPhone 5s and have taken 100's of videos without any issues.
And enjoy your new bird!
2015-3-24
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

I'm using a samsung s4 and have not seen any playabily issues.
2015-3-24
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-22 11:31
You can turn on the Phantom first. then the range extender and tx.  Make sure when you turn things ...

Gerry I did the FC200 update today without a hitch. Thank you for your help and advice. Next I will update my firmware to 3.12. Do you think I should uninstall the driver and Phantom assistant 3.6 and RC Assistant and do everything all fresh?, or will I be okay using the Phantom2 vision plus 3.6 Assistant to update to 3.12 firmware? Again thank you for your help and advice.
2015-3-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-3-27 21:45
Gerry I did the FC200 update today without a hitch. Thank you for your help and advice. Next I wil ...

Yes, uninstall both the PT2 and the RC assistant and get a fresh one, 3.08.   then do the upgrades and let me know how it turned out.  Don't forget to recalibrate everything, including the X1 for the camera tilt.
2015-3-27
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

What is the X1 for camera tilt? I have never seen that before?
2015-3-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Do you have the wheel control for the camera?
calibration page.jpg
2015-3-27
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-27 22:00
Do you have the wheel control for the camera?

No I have no wheel for the camera Gerry, only from the ground station app can I control the camera up/down.
is the wheel X1 ?
2015-3-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-3-27 22:04
No I have no wheel for the camera Gerry, only from the ground station app can I control the camera ...

Select (basic version) for calibration.  that is all there is to it.  Just the left side one
2015-3-27
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Oh! okay thank you Gerry.
2015-3-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-3-27 22:14
Oh! okay thank you Gerry.

Let me know the outcome.
2015-3-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Click on every blue link at the right where it says upgrade, even if it says no update or latest update.  There might be one there to do..
gertrude upgrade page 1.jpg
2015-3-27
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

okay Gerry I will let you know how I did when I update to 3.12. I am going out to fly here in a moment before I do the update just in case it is the last. Then after I update and do all the calibrations I will fly again and see the out come. Thanks for your help I appreciate it.
2015-3-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-27 22:30
Click on every blue link at the right where it says upgrade, even if it says no update or latest upd ...

Gerry,
Curious why your GPS firmware shows 6.0.1.4 while mine shows 6.0.1.6?
Both our GPS hardware versions show the same!
Curious!!
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... %2Bpost&lang=en
2015-3-28
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Gerry I installed the new Update Firmware v3.12. All went well except the first time it did not install so I had to shut down the Phantom and do it again at which time it all installed okay. I couldn't go out and try fly as the weather is not cooperating at all, wind snow, and rain. Thanks again for your advise and help. Oh yah!, I calibrated everything too!
2015-3-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-3-30 06:52
Gerry I installed the new Update Firmware v3.12. All went well except the first time it did not inst ...

That's great.
happy Flying

I went up today for a few minutes, 15 knot winds on the surface, when I got to about 200 feet and switched to atti mode, it took off like a rocket with 35 + winds.  I had to fight it all the way home from 770 feet distance, landed it and went inside to sulk.
2015-3-29
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

WoW! I about lost my Phantom last September by flying it with flashing yellow lights, the outfit I bought it from said "it was okay to do so just be careful" , Well the slight wind we had it took it away quick, I had no control over it. But I managed to run it down and saw it coming down in a large cornfield, so I ran through the corn knocked some of it down and while the Phantom was landing I crabbed her by the legs. I had to end up sending it back to DJI in L.A. The problem was when I turned on the video my satellites would drop from 9 to about 3 or 4 . They did numerous fixes, and one of them was a new shield. Gerry do you have a "Flytrex" on your Phantom?, and if so do you like it, is it worth it? by the way glad you didn't lose your Phantom or crash.
2015-3-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Here is the flytrex track and info on the flight.  I've just started to use it.  In the  info you can see max altitude, speed and distance.  They have a lot of different gauges you can use.
test flight with flytrex.jpg
2015-3-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

sat view of todays mission
flytrex sat view.jpg
2015-3-29
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Cool!! I have been checking into the Flytrex Core2 I think it is. The thing that bothers me is popping the top off, I did however order a set of Hex drivers with a 2mm . What tools did you need Gerry? I know once you get the top off it is pretty simple.
2015-3-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-3-30 09:54
Cool!! I have been checking into the Flytrex Core2 I think it is. The thing that bothers me is poppi ...

Phillips 00 jewelers screwdriver for the 4 end screws and the 2mm hex screw for the others.  The flytrex core 2 comes with the cables.  It plugs in between the gps cable and the main board. the other plugs into the flytrex board .  You will need another micro sd card to put in the core 2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/17158697 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14159691 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This was my first flight testing the flytrex.

Forgot to add, remove the end Phillips screws first, then the hex screws

2015-3-29
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-30 10:07
Phillips 00 jewelers screwdriver for the 4 end screws and the 2mm hex screw for the others.  The f ...

Nice video Gerry, when I do this will I need to put blue Loctite back on the screws? or should I just put the screws back on as is? Thank you!
2015-4-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-4-1 22:09
Nice video Gerry, when I do this will I need to put blue Loctite back on the screws? or should I j ...

No Loctite, it is detrimental to the plastic.   Just make sure they are snug enough to hold.  The hex head screws are screwed into metal plates, the Phillips screw on the end is in the plastic only, so only snug tighten them.
2015-4-1
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Gerry if and when I put a Flytrex Core2 on my Phantom will it void the warranty?
2015-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules