Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Installed DBS range extender and got aircraft disconnect
901 10 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

Hi there. I installed the dbs range extender on my p4 remote so went out to test it. First flight near falcon lake manitoba and all was good went out 700m my farthest. Then i drove and went to seddons corner manitoba and decided to giver. At 1.3km out over a gravel pit poof screen went blank and said aircraft disconnected. 10 secs later i hit rth and in seconds i had the screen back. Im running the last firmware not latest and this is on a brand new ipad pro 9.7. I looked around and seems it could be the usb port or the cable though its new. It wouldnt be my install job would it?  Any help would be great. Not that i noticed before but the usb port grabs well but i can move it side to side unless thats normal. Here is a link to my healthy drone log.  Thanks.

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=tdxHmK
2017-7-19
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Canada

Or was this just legit interference..
2017-7-19
Use props
Mariuss
First Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I have no answer to your question. But just out of curiousity: On my P4 i can go as far as 4 km or 2.48 miles, when do you want to further than that (minding the battery levels as well)? Is the DBS for greater stability in interference areas (no pun intended)?
2017-7-19
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Canada

I could maybe do 500m on stock antenna. Wasnt good at all. But mind you could be interference lol. Hopefully someone else can shed some light.
2017-7-19
Use props
SajidShah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

I Fly more then 3000M with Original DJI Remote without any boots antenna or anything https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... _id=GENERALOverview
2017-7-19
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

I'd crack it open again and check all your wiring. I've gone out about 4 miles before with my mod; and made it back to tell the tale. If your connections are all solid and you've wired it up right, I'd look into ideal channels for your specific antenna and try a manual selection. Also make sure that you are on the lowest transmission rate (4mbps)
2017-7-19
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Canada

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-19 12:57
I'd crack it open again and check all your wiring. I've gone out about 4 miles before with my mod; and made it back to tell the tale. If your connections are all solid and you've wired it up right, I'd look into ideal channels for your specific antenna and try a manual selection. Also make sure that you are on the lowest transmission rate (4mbps)

Ok. How do i tell whats the best channel when i go manual?
2017-7-19
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Wpgubaru Posted at 2017-7-19 13:00
Ok. How do i tell whats the best channel when i go manual?

The long answer - you need a RF spectrum analyzer!

The short answer - find someone with a spectrum analyzer who has already done the research and borrow from them. What mod do you have? I'd suggest watching this guy's video. Lot of interesting insight! https://phantompilots.com/thread ... eries-today.114145/

To be honest though, even on the wrong channel, you should be getting farther than that unless you are flying in downtown Manhattan.

And yes, I'm aware the short answer is longer than the long answer
2017-7-19
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Canada

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-19 13:54
The long answer - you need a RF spectrum analyzer!

The short answer - find someone with a spectrum analyzer who has already done the research and borrow from them. What mod do you have? I'd suggest watching this guy's video. Lot of interesting insight! https://phantompilots.com/thread ... eries-today.114145/

I have the DBS 2.0 Range extender mod. I was extremely careful doing the whole install. I'm sure the radio is fine and either the new usb cable came out a bit or there was interference.
2017-7-19
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Canada

Well I updated my phantom 4 and remote to latest firmware, did the 32 channel hack and selected channel 30 (for now) and i'll give this a shot somewhere else tomorrow if I can. I'm going to fly low incase of issues.
2017-7-19
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Canada

Well good news i went to a different area and well though i forgot the cable for my ipad pro i used my galaxy s7 edge though thr software for android seems more clunky i went 4km with full signal! So im super happy.
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules