First and last time with DJI repair services
856 9 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WooAf
lvl.1
Canada

Hello all, so yeah I crashed my drone into a tree for the first time (hopefully the last)

Everything was in good shape, even the propeller was intact except for the gimbal which was making a weird noise..

Decided to contact a phone repair company at Toronto, they told me that they think it’s a problem with the roll motor and need to be checked.. the problem is: I live far from Toronto. So decided to opt for DJI Repair directly because they pay for the shipping.

It took about 1 week to ship it to the repair facility.

2 days after I received my quotation for the repair:

Broken gimbal roll motor due to impart / hard landing.

Phantom 3 Roll Motor: $ 8.00

Repair Service Fee: 1h at $ 65.00/H

Total: $ 81 USD

I know how it works, I know what a roll motor is, I know where its located and I also know how to change it..

My question is… why DJI are charging me one FULL hour for a 10 mins job…

So I asked them and they (Hi Aron) replied me:

We understand you, however that is the process that they will repair the part because it is also a complicated part to repair.

Seriously ?? all you have to do is remove 4 screws, unplug the roll motor and plug the new one and put back the screws…

I wanted to repair that drone and give it to my brothers and buy the mavic pro for myself but I guess I changed my mind…

2017-7-19
Use props
WooAf
lvl.1
Canada

Decided to contact a phone repair company at Toronto = Decided to contact a DRONE repair company at Toronto

Sorry about this
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

WooAf, 1 working hour is the minimum unit for repair service no matter it takes 10 min or 59 min. We are sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused. If you decide to repair it via other re-seller, please contact our support who will help to send the unrepaired drone back.
service fee.png
2017-7-19
Use props
WooAf
lvl.1
Canada

Yes I know this is your policy.. but why are you charging 1h even if it takes 10 mins you should change your policy
2017-7-19
Use props
cherylfaye
Banned

Pakistan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-19
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

It does suck, but this is pretty much standard for any repair shop. The normally bill full hours, doesn't matter if it was 5 or 60 minutes.
2017-7-20
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

Langstonius is completely correct. Just about any repair service you deal with will charge a 1 hour minimum service charge. Just the way the world works.
2017-7-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

A bit more involved than you think. Will have to break down entire gimbal and replace motor and install new ribbon cable.
2017-7-21
Use props
WooAf
lvl.1
Canada

Yeah I Guess you are right anyway I decided to repair it at DJI store because they wanted to change me the shipping fees to return the gimbal back.. this kinda suck but I had to repair it anyway..

And I'm happy with my new purchase

IMG_0155.JPG
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

WooAf Posted at 2017-7-21 17:53
Yeah I Guess you are right anyway I decided to repair it at DJI store because they wanted to change me the shipping fees to return the gimbal back.. this kinda suck but I had to repair it anyway..

And I'm happy with my new purchase

We are really sorry for all the troubles that have been caused. Hope you will receive your drone very soon.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules