Brand new OSMO+ losing connection and gimbal not working
2976 17 2017-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul H
lvl.1
Australia

Hello, I purchased a brand new Osmo+ yesterday at the SMPTE show in Sydney and have just spent over three hours unsuccessfully trying to get it to work. It keeps losing connection to the app and the gimbal constantly hangs like a limp noodle. After what it cost me I would have thought it should actually work. Becoming very frustrated. Can anyone suggest how I can get it to work?
2017-7-19
Use props
Paul H
lvl.1
Australia

Problem solved, not sure how to delete.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

It's good to know the problem gets sorted out. Enjoy it.
2017-7-19
Use props
John4001
New
United States

I have the same problem plus my power light turned to a steady red 20 minutes after being fully charged.  
2017-7-20
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>
United States

What did you do?  I also have a brand new OSMO and can't get it to work.  I can see through the ap but the gimbal is limp.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

John4001 Posted at 2017-7-20 14:14
I have the same problem plus my power light turned to a steady red 20 minutes after being fully charged.

It seems that the communication between the battery and the handle is abnormal,  please try to wipe the copper sheet inside the battery compartment with 95% alcohol and cotton swab. Let the alcohol air dry. If it does not work, wipe the battery contact with alcohol and cotton swab.  
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

David Bartenfie Posted at 2017-7-20 18:33
What did you do?  I also have a brand new OSMO and can't get it to work.  I can see through the ap but the gimbal is limp.

Sorry for the late response. Have you activated the Osmo successfully? The gimbal must be unlocked before power on, please check the video below for reference:
2017-7-24
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-24 02:37
Sorry for the late response. Have you activated the Osmo successfully? The gimbal must be unlocked before power on, please check the video below for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCPXTaCfcGk&t=24s

Thanks for the reply.  I did have it activated.  I think the battery connection may have been the issue.  Although I got it working without cleaning the battery terminals I do recall inserting the second battery with a little more "zip" and it popped right on.

Can you please tell me what the icon that looks like film and says "auto" does?  I can't tell.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

David Bartenfie Posted at 2017-7-25 14:16
Thanks for the reply.  I did have it activated.  I think the battery connection may have been the issue.  Although I got it working without cleaning the battery terminals I do recall inserting the second battery with a little more "zip" and it popped right on.

Can you please tell me what the icon that looks like film and says "auto" does?  I can't tell.

I'm sorry that I cannot figure out which icon you refers to, is that convenient to upload a screenshot here? Thanks in advance.
2017-7-25
Use props
fans8feee7fa
New
Bulgaria

Hello
I just get my Osmo+ Yesterday and since then I can't started.The gimbal is completely dead.It doesn't move at all.Also I can't switch between my mavic and osmo in the DJI GO APP
Thanks
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8feee7fa Posted at 2017-8-16 22:06
Hello
I just get my Osmo+ Yesterday and since then I can't started.The gimbal is completely dead.It doesn't move at all.Also I can't switch between my mavic and osmo in the DJI GO APP
Thanks

Have you activated Osmo+ successfully? Can you connect to its wifi?
Please close DJI Go 4 completely when you run DJI Go.
2017-8-16
Use props
fans8feee7fa
New
Bulgaria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-16 22:55
Have you activated Osmo+ successfully? Can you connect to its wifi?
Please close DJI Go 4 completely when you run DJI Go.

hello
Thanks for your reply.I still can't connect it to its wifi.A no internet connection message appears. I have got an iPhone 6.
Thanks
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8feee7fa Posted at 2017-8-26 08:19
hello
Thanks for your reply.I still can't connect it to its wifi.A no internet connection message appears. I have got an iPhone 6.
Thanks

This is normal for iOS mobile device, don't worry about it. Can you enter the image transmission interface in APP?
2017-8-28
Use props
Konstantin Shis
New
Bulgaria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-28 02:36
This is normal for iOS mobile device, don't worry about it. Can you enter the image transmission interface in APP?

hello
I managed to connect it all is good :
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Konstantin Shis Posted at 2017-8-28 09:36
hello
I managed to connect it all is good :

That's great, hope you have a nice experience with our product.
2017-8-29
Use props
Bruno Carvalho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1297999 ft
Brazil

Hello, I have a problem with my osmo +. I bought an Osmo + in December 2016 and today Gimbal Zenmuze X3 stopped working right after I update the firmware.
I live in Brazil, how do I solve my problem? Please, I need your help. Thank you.
2017-9-4
Use props
Bruno Carvalho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1297999 ft
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-28 02:36

Hello, I have a problem with my osmo +. I bought an Osmo + in December 2016 and today Gimbal Zenmuze X3 stopped working right after I update the firmware.
I live in Brazil, how do I solve my problem? Please, I need your help. Thank you.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Bruno Carvalho Posted at 2017-9-4 07:42

Please see the reply on your thread:http://forum.dji.com/thread-111752-1-1.html
Thanks.
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules