New pilot getting ready for at trip to California needs advise/...
517 4 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vicco
New
Spain

Hi, everybody my name is Victor C. "Vicco" from Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain and I'm a brand new owner/pilot of a Dji Spark.
This is my very first drone and so far I'm very happy with it.
I'm totally new to this world of flying drones and I'm at lost at all the rules and regulations about where/how/when
I'm aloud to fly it.
I would highly appreciate if anyone could give me some advise or recommend some places of references to get some of this information specially
since I'll traveling from the 9th to the 29th of August from Los Angeles to San Francisco stoping by Yosemite National Park in the way, and would love to take the chance to bring the Spark with me and get some photos and videos from this great trip.
It would be obviously for personal use but some comments and videos in YouTube are making me concern about getting a ticket or loosing my Spark
to the authorities for using it "illegally".

It could easily be a thread talking about this somewhere in this forums but since I'm new, and also wanted to introduce myself ;) ,
I hope you forgive me.

Thank you in advance,
V.

2017-7-20
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

do not know how to delete a post. I double posted by mistake - see my actual post below....
2017-7-20
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

As a hobbyist You do not need any paper work of permits of the sort to fly.
You must stay below 400 feet (122m).

Drone may be ban in national/state parks (yosemite).

Finally here is a link to the FAA (US Governing body for flight) and what they have to say about flying...

https://www.faa.gov/uas/faqs/

Good news is the drone is small enough that you can bring it and if you can not use it (they will tell you at the park I am sure) it is not a big deal to carry around.

I just wanted to reply since I seemed to be the first. im sure others will have more details for you
2017-7-20
Use props
Vicco
New
Spain

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-7-20 06:45
As a hobbyist You do not need any paper work of permits of the sort to fly.
You must stay below 400 feet (122m).

That's great to hear, thats very much the situation here in Spain, or at least where I live, and i was hoping for a similar situation there but just wanted to make sure ;)
Thank you
2017-7-20
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

I would advise to try to fly it a few times before you go on your trip... at least then you get a feel of how to control your drone, how it will react, etc... if at anytime you do something and the drone doesnt react to it.. do check the manual...

also during your first few times you will understand better what the manual is trying to say.... (well at least for me) after flying i understand better what it was trying to tell us.
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules