Is my drone safe to fly if I never update the firmware or App?
1056 6 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

Is my drone safe to fly if I never update the firmware or App?
2017-7-20
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My reason for thinking this is that the Inspire2 fly's excellently.

The only reason I would currently update is when DJI implement POI.

I have an Inspire1 that I have slightly neglected since the I2 has been born, I haven't updated anything on the drone for a few firmware's and it still behaves the same as before.

I was just thinking that it would be safer to keep the current firmware and never let my kit make contact with the internet.

Is that a reasonable idea?

2017-7-20
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm now thinking that if you behave in a way that works and takes no extra 3rd component to make it work..

Why change that unless you have no choice?

2017-7-20
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Altitude Drones Posted at 2017-7-20 12:44
My reason for thinking this is that the Inspire2 fly's excellently.

The only reason I would currently update is when DJI implement POI.

And you're right, pal! Completely right! Firmware updates bring HEADACHE 90% of times, mainly after DJI's controvertial forced GEOFENCING mandatory log-before-or-after-flight! If your gear is flying nicely, you have no reason to update unless the new firmware offers a new feature (POI in I2, for example)...even so, it's recommended to weigh if the risk is worth...
2017-7-20
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

NOT ONLY SAFE, BUT PEACE -OF-MIND AND MORE VALUE FOR SELLING LATER...KEEP THAT!
2017-7-20
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

WellFlightz Posted at 2017-7-20 13:37
NOT ONLY SAFE, BUT PEACE -OF-MIND AND MORE VALUE FOR SELLING LATER...KEEP THAT!

I bought my I1 when it first came out .Did a firmware upgrade the day I got it .Back then a huge performance.I have never upgraded again.She flys like a dream, I am not sure why I chose not to upgrade I think as it was so hard.I have no restrictions on her.I still fly as I am supposed to but it is nice to know it is voluntary.I got offered a good price for her last year because she was not updated.
2017-7-20
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

perryb Posted at 2017-7-20 14:24
I bought my I1 when it first came out .Did a firmware upgrade the day I got it .Back then a huge performance.I have never upgraded again.She flys like a dream, I am not sure why I chose not to upgrade I think as it was so hard.I have no restrictions on her.I still fly as I am supposed to but it is nice to know it is voluntary.I got offered a good price for her last year because she was not updated.

Exactly, pal, less firmware updates, less hidden undesired changes...Curiosity: can you post a video elsewhere comparing to a friend's updated Inspire, or a video displaying the speed or agility of your I1?! Or would you tell how many MPH/KPH can your I1 reach this way, without updates?!
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules