Flying with mavic tomorrow and really nervous any tips?
1054 8 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clare_G101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

I'm flying with my mavic tomorrow and really nervous any tips or stories that will calm my nervs down? I used this bag (https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and put it in the bag at the bottom, should I take it out when going through security? Or just leave it in my backpack? If I get pulled aside tips as to what I should do? I know obivously tell the truth and say drone, but any other tips? Idk I'm just nervous!
2017-7-20
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

I just flew with my Mavic, two race quads, and 14 lipos. No problem whatsoever. I didn't take my Mavic out of my bag when going through security.

If you get questioned at all, tell them it's your RC helicopter. Don't use flashy words like drone, quad, UAV, or multirotor. You should be fine, though. I had zero issues.
2017-7-20
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

Make sure your batteries are depleted before you get on the plane, it's good to have lipo battery bags but i think most people dont bother. Just make sure you batteries are depleted below 30%
2017-7-25
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

fansd77b4cd0 Posted at 2017-7-25 23:20
Make sure your batteries are depleted before you get on the plane, it's good to have lipo battery bags but i think most people dont bother. Just make sure you batteries are depleted below 30%

I'm actually confused about this. Mavic's batteries can be used as power banks (with the 2-USB adaptor), and you don't go on a plane with a depleted power bank.
2017-7-26
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-7-26 00:43
I'm actually confused about this. Mavic's batteries can be used as power banks (with the 2-USB adaptor), and you don't go on a plane with a depleted power bank.

Mavic batteries are Lipo batteries (lithium-ion polymer battery), different airlines have different rules regarding them, but most of the time they require them to be depleted to a certain level. If you're really concerned, give your airline a call and ask what their regulations are for Lipo batteries, they'll be able to tell you what you need.

I guess other power banks aren't lithium based?
2017-7-26
Use props
Astropin
New
Flight distance : 6581 ft
United States

"fansd77b4cd0 Posted at 2017-7-26 17:54

I guess other power banks aren't lithium based?"

Pretty much they all are lithium based. Fly with power banks all the time and they've never even looked twice at them.
2017-7-28
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

a friend just returned to south africa from usa with a new mavic on qatar airlines - no questions asked any where at all at multiple customs and departures.
But some countries have forbiddedn drones and have apparently confiscated some - so check those out.
2017-7-28
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

you are not carrying drugs... are you?? LOL is just a drone ;) you can get on the flight with it ! remove your batteries.. if they ask to see them show it to them.. don't put it in your checked bag! if you need info ask the AIRLINE you travel with and YOU must know the destination country rules about the drone ! Enjoy it :-)
2017-7-28
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

Has a flyer like me, there always a  uneasiness of you letting your $1000.00 bird fly away into the air and not knowing if it going to return to you . There's no way of getting around that feeling, it takes time , you have to fly  lot hours to get pass that feeling. So, take a deep breath do all your pre flight check and trust in this sophisticated machine to return back to you.. Never try any thing that you are not sure of that may lead you and your bird into trouble.. happy flighting.    
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules