instability problems after firmware update
2629 21 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc88e8e6a
lvl.1
Chile

Hi, Good afternoon, I tell you my problem, I had the .700 firmware version, and I did not have any problems, but when updating to the .900, the problems started, disconnection between the video of the cell phone and the camera, drone instability , Does not stand still on the point begins to move sideways, I calibrated everything, the gyroscope, the IMU, the control, all too many times, I returned to the .800 version, and the problem persists, now I am again with the. 900, but the instability of the drone, and the disconnections with what the video shows is the worst. Sorry for my english, I attach a video.

What do you recommend?
*** I have updated by cell phone and PC, and I have calibrated everything several times, but I can not solve the problem of instability.

2017-7-20
Use props
fansc88e8e6a
lvl.1
Chile

To be understood, firmware versions, when I refer to:

.700 = v01.03.0700
.800 = v01.03.0800
.900 = v01.03.0900
2017-7-20
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It is difficult to tell if anything is wrong because you are flying it in a most inappropriate place. Lots of obstacles and metal around and the beeping is obstacle avoidance.
I suggest you get into a large open area and try again.
2017-7-20
Use props
XTREMEDRONE INC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7987028 ft
United States

No this I have confirmed I had the same issue and thought wind or something else but its the firmware . Looks like some of the parameters were  changed and affect the stability algorithm. I have emailed about issues i have found and some of the possible fixes but really more about let them know about the issues but I never hear back from them.

My recommendation is stop trusting in a proven untrustworthy QC and down grade to .400 and use assistant 2 beta 112
2017-7-20
Use props
HecticPancakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598156 ft

Australia

Hi
It my be a few things , damage to any prop blades?, check that propellers are R on the the right way eg.2 white circles on 2 of the propellers go on the 2engines marked with white near the props quick attachment and vice versa (2 prop blades without white circles  onto engine not marked with white circles )
2017-7-20
Use props
fansc88e8e6a
lvl.1
Chile

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-20 23:07
It is difficult to tell if anything is wrong because you are flying it in a most inappropriate place. Lots of obstacles and metal around and the beeping is obstacle avoidance.
I suggest you get into a large open area and try again.

I use it flying in an open field, it had the same problems that are seen in the video
2017-7-21
Use props
fansc88e8e6a
lvl.1
Chile

HecticPancakes Posted at 2017-7-20 23:37
Hi
It my be a few things , damage to any prop blades?, check that propellers are R on the the right way eg.2 white circles on 2 of the propellers go on the 2engines marked with white near the props quick attachment and vice versa (2 prop blades without white circles  onto engine not marked with white circles )

The blades are well set, I have followed literally white and black colors.
2017-7-21
Use props
fansc88e8e6a
lvl.1
Chile

Now I have error between the connection of the Rc with the drone.

.html

.html
2017-7-21
Use props
MavicProUser
lvl.1

United States

I have heard of a few folks having issues.  If you want to skip installing the new updated app and firmware...That is easy to do.

This also addresses a privacy issue.  Some folks are concerned that DJI is sharing information with the Chinese government.  They could possibly be using the DJI app as a trojan.  If that is a hard pill to swallow and think that does not happen.  The Chinese government used the same style of attack to steal stealth fighter technology from the US government.

Now onto the fix.  You can stop this from happening and never have to worry about another app update for firmware update.  I am sure this works for iOS but I will only go into details about Android.  You must do this before upgrading your DJI app and before updating your firmware.

Start by going to the Google Play store.  Install "NetGuard" onto your device.  This version is free and there is a paid version.  I paid the couple bucks for the extra features and to support the developer.  The app is open source and you can look at the source code yourself to ensure there isnt anything crazy going on.  After you install the app.  Follow the instructions for disabling internet access for the DJI Go app.  This will block all communication to the internet.  DJI go app will not be able to check for updates and will tell you the latest version is installed.  You can also check the logs and watch the DJI go app go nuts trying to check in with DJI.  I have not gotten around to finding out exactly what is being sent out.  I can tell the app is not just checking for updates.  There is a lot more going on behind the scenes that DJI isnt telling us.

If it has already checked for updates before you blocked and it still shows you must update.  Go into the app settings and clear all the cache for the DJI GO App.  This will reset the app and it will forget about the update.  Once the internet it blocked it will not be able to check for that new update.  You will be able to fly without the new Geo-fencing update and will not be bothered about updating.

There are only two things that found that have limited functionality when internet access is blocked.  You cannot check into limited zones because it needs internet access to do this.  Also, every once in a while when the app is loaded the map is not loaded in the lower left corner.  I was able to get around this by temporary giving internet access for 3-5secs and reblocking.  Then the map showed up just fine.  It does not do this very often and in 14wks since I last updated.  It has happened twice.

I hope this helps some folks.  I read a post by someone saying the app will not install off the Google Play store because its not compatible.  This technic will also work that that.  Simple install “NetGuard”, clear cache and away you go.

Have a nice day.
MavicProUser

2017-7-21
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

Hi,
What is the relationship with the subject ?
2017-7-21
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

fansc88e8e6a Posted at 2017-7-21 08:42
I use it flying in an open field, it had the same problems that are seen in the video

The only problem in the video is obstacle avoidance which is normal so it doesn't run into the fence.
2017-7-21
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

fansc88e8e6a Posted at 2017-7-21 08:53
Now I have error between the connection of the Rc with the drone.

[view_image]

Check your cable and make sure it is plugged in properly.
2017-7-21
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

It looks windy and you are in a low light area flying over a floor with a single color and pattern. What's the problem?
2017-7-21
Use props
Mallea
lvl.1
Chile

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-21 20:15
The only problem in the video is obstacle avoidance which is normal so it doesn't run into the fence.

Please guys, let's not be blind, there is a lot of instability, which I did not have before the upgrade, I repeat I tried the dron in open field and no wind, and it moves just like in this video.
2017-7-22
Use props
Mallea
lvl.1
Chile

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-21 20:15
Check your cable and make sure it is plugged in properly.

obviously
2017-7-22
Use props
Mallea
lvl.1
Chile

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-7-21 20:54
It looks windy and you are in a low light area flying over a floor with a single color and pattern. What's the problem?

I repeat,, there is a lot of instability, which I did not have before the upgrade, I repeat I tried the dron in open field and no wind, and it moves just like in this video.
2017-7-22
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

We'll post video of THAT, not flying in 3 conditions you shouldn't be...at once.
2017-7-22
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

Mallea Posted at 2017-7-22 08:47
I repeat,, there is a lot of instability, which I did not have before the upgrade, I repeat I tried the dron in open field and no wind, and it moves just like in this video.

I think you will need to post another video in a wide open area and show the exact instability you are referring to. We just can't help you when we can only base our advice based on what we see in the first video.
2017-7-22
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Well, I am VERY frustrated with my MP getting worse and worse with every fw and GO4-update, but in YOUR case YOUR MP flies absolutely normal. Seeing the strong winds in the background and the wind direction indicated by the tree, Your MP perfectly hovers and keeps position and camera-gimbal steady. It bravely fights shear-winds and multidirectional  wind-gusts caused by the strong winds, amplified by the surrounding fence and open door,  AND tries to keep off the obstacles in front. No human pilot could match that (and I am a pilot).

My advice: dig deep into aerodynamics and learn about shear-winds, down-drafts, leeside-wind-effects and general aerodynamics of flying objects.

Repeat test in an OPEN space in the late evening with still enough sunlight but no wind. If MP then still moves the same way  we can discuss if this would be an issue ...................
2017-7-23
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

PS: You can even HEAR it in the video You presented: whenever You hear the typical wind-sound caught by the microphone of rec-device MP moves stronger = reaction towards a wind-gust/shear-wind .............
2017-7-23
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

Based on personal experience, I would just send it in for repair, you have a long wait but its better than your drone crashing.
2017-7-23
Use props
HecticPancakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598156 ft

Australia

Sounds like a pain
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules