Black spot on photo/movie
1258 9 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tedeus
New
Poland

Hi guys,
Black spot appears on my photos and movies (left top of the screen). I tried to clean camera, but it doesnt work. Any Idea?
DJI_0112.jpg
2017-7-21
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

If that spot is always in the same place, then it's probably dirt on the image sensor.
2017-7-21
Use props
Tedeus
New
Poland

How to clean it? Do You have any video?
2017-7-21
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Tedeus Posted at 2017-7-21 04:43

Sadly it's not repairable by the end user, you'll need to send it back. ;(
2017-7-21
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Tedeus Posted at 2017-7-21 04:43

You'd have to take the camera apart to get to the image sensor.
Very tricky job, since the camera is very tiny and you could break even more.
Better have DJI do it for you.
2017-7-21
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would try flicking the camera to see if the particle wants to come loose from the sensor.
2017-7-21
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Or maybe put your phone to vibrate and touch the camera with it while vibrating. Hopefully the vibration will remove the particle. The thing is that you would still have that dirt inside the camera so it could appear again at any moment.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

I would recommend you send it in for service, have you contacted the Support to start a case? If not , please contact them here:  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-7-21
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-7-21 09:41
Or maybe put your phone to vibrate and touch the camera with it while vibrating. Hopefully the vibration will remove the particle. The thing is that you would still have that dirt inside the camera so it could appear again at any moment.

Your method may work, if the user is very lucky.
On my Nikon D300s there is a built-in option to make the image sensor vibrate, but from personal experience I know that this doesn't clean the sensor.
Our air is saturated with all sorts of obnoxious particles, like pollen, yeast, dust and other yecchy stuff that can really stick like glue to an image sensor.
2017-7-22
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I believe the vibrations on the sensor of the DSLRs is ultrasonic. In my personal experience I have seen it work. I'm always extremely picky when it comes to changing the lens on my DSLR. I always make the change very quickly and try to minimize as much as possible the time the lens port is wide open. Still, I have gotten specks on my sensor. In the 3-4 years that I've had this camera I haven't manually clean the sensor once. I always use the sensor cleaning option on the camera and it has worked flawlessly. Im sure there will be a time that the particle will be so stuck that the sensor wont be able to shake it off, but until now it has worked as described
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules