Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Strange behaviorism whil hovering
2041 24 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans766953af
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158881 ft
Sweden

Newbie sweden:. My P4 has suddenly started to act strange, see video. Calibrated IMU, compass and optical sensors several times. No luck so far. Never chrashed or hard landings. Suggestions?
This is the video]

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ukdDnMCi2YoAyrEA3
2017-7-21
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your Phantom is hovering low over a grass surface.
That will always give your VPS a lot of trouble.
Turn off your VPS system and see if that makes a big difference or hover over a surface with a distinct pattern that VPS can recognise or try hovering up higher than the VPS system range (10 metres).
2017-7-21
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Did you apply the latest firmware update? The video that you uploaded shows that your drone is exhibiting the same instability as many others who have upgraded to the latest firmware. Mine does exactly the same thing as what yours is doing irrespective of whether it is at low or high altitude.
2017-7-21
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Labroides.... yup, this one has nothing to do with the surface the bird is flying over... this is the EXACT new problem I am seeing with my P4 after the recent updates.  I've had a year of flying my P4 and only saw that behavior after upgrading.  My P4 is grounded at this point because I can't do paid video work with this kind of bucking.
2017-7-21
Use props
fans766953af
lvl.4
Sweden

Have the latest firmware. No difference hovering high or low or what the surface is. It's like exflying in strong wind.
Once when flying forwards the drone made a ful forward loop. Lucky it didn't crasch. I don't dare to fly anymore...

2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you checked the blades, is there any damage? Try to calibrate the IMU for several times, then fly it in a open area.
2017-7-22
Use props
wangrincreation
First Officer
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-22 01:19
Have you checked the blades, is there any damage? Try to calibrate the IMU for several times, then fly it in a open area.

I did calibrate the IMU and VPS several times with brand new blades, my bird still fighting will hovering.
Please acknowledge, the problem is the new firmware.  Can we have timeframe when we expect to have the corrected firmware? 2 weeks to find bugs?
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-22 01:34
I did calibrate the IMU and VPS several times with brand new blades, my bird still fighting will hovering.
Please acknowledge, the problem is the new firmware.  Can we have timeframe when we expect to have the corrected firmware? 2 weeks to find bugs?

Aloha wangrin,

My P4 has the "glitchy" firmware and is flying very nicely (still no waypoints though).  You and others need to address a faulty installation of the firmware in order to get your P4 flying properly.  Even my lack of waypoints may be a faulty firmware installation but I am going to wait until the next update to mess with that.

The P4 Aircraft firmware installation (and refresh) is easy using the DJI Assistant 2 software in my PC computer.  Are you using a Windows computer?  Maybe the problem is with iOS computers?  We need you to try to solve your problem and then let us know what you did.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans766953af Posted at 2017-7-21 05:51
Have the latest firmware. No difference hovering high or low or what the surface is. It's like exflying in strong wind.
Once when flying forwards the drone made a ful forward loop. Lucky it didn't crasch. I don't dare to fly anymore...

Aloha fans76,

You need to refresh your Aircraft firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 application in your PC computer.  My P4 flies very well using the new firmware.  You need to get your bird flying right.  Keep refreshing the firmware until it flies right.  If there is improvement, then try the IMU calibration on a level surface (using a level) without interference (like operating fans, lights or radios near by) for several times to see if there is further improvement.

Let us know how this works out.  Others are having similar problems but it could be as simple as you are using an iOS computer instead of a PC.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-21 05:37
Hi Labroides.... yup, this one has nothing to do with the surface the bird is flying over... this is the EXACT new problem I am seeing with my P4 after the recent updates.  I've had a year of flying my P4 and only saw that behavior after upgrading.  My P4 is grounded at this point because I can't do paid video work with this kind of bucking.

Aloha Mabou,

Are you using an iOS computer?  My PC running Assistant 2 upgraded the firmware and I am having no problems at all (except waypoints not recording).  The problem is not the firmware, it is the delivery of the firmware.  Let us know how it goes.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-22 02:32
Aloha wangrin,

My P4 has the "glitchy" firmware and is flying very nicely (still no waypoints though).  You and others need to address a faulty installation of the firmware in order to get your P4 flying properly.  Even my lack of waypoints may be a faulty firmware installation but I am going to wait until the next update to mess with that.

Aloha, I've refreshed the firmware several times with no results. No problem during the installation and no problem during the all refeshing process I have done. Tell me a way "to adress a faulty installation of the firmware in order to get my P4 flying properly", show me videos of your P4 flying after the update and the video footages your P4 took. Otherwise I will think you are just another DJI groupie trying to convince us about how many mistakes we have done in the updating process. This is not a "glitchy" firmware, it is a GLITCHY firmware.
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-22 02:46
Aloha, I've refreshed the firmware several times with no results. No problem during the installation and no problem during the all refeshing process I have done. Tell me a way "to adress a faulty installation of the firmware in order to get my P4 flying properly", show me videos of your P4 flying after the update and the video footages your P4 took. Otherwise I will think you are just another DJI groupie trying to convince us about how many mistakes we have done in the updating process. This is not a "glitchy" firmware, it is a GLITCHY firmware.

Aloha Pareja,

Are you using an iOS computer?  What platform are you using DJI Assistant 2 on and what version are you using?  Something has got to explain why mine works great and your does not.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Spain

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-22 04:06
Aloha Pareja,

Are you using an iOS computer?  What platform are you using DJI Assistant 2 on and what version are you using?  Something has got to explain why mine works great and your does not.

I use a PC. No matter the device. The fimware is faulty
2017-7-22
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-22 02:45
Aloha Mabou,

Are you using an iOS computer?  My PC running Assistant 2 upgraded the firmware and I am having no problems at all (except waypoints not recording).  The problem is not the firmware, it is the delivery of the firmware.  Let us know how it goes.

Hola Cetacean, I used my Apple notebook with Assistant 2.
2017-7-22
Use props
wangrincreation
First Officer
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-22 02:32
Aloha wangrin,

I tried that with Imac, Macbook pro, and Win7 laptop, still same issue.
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-22 04:43

Aloha Pareja,

What version of Assistant 2 are you using?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-22 09:03
Hola Cetacean, I used my Apple notebook with Assistant 2.

Aloha Mabou,

Try to see if you can get a hold of a PC and download Assistant 2 on it.  Then try a refresh.  We have to figure out what is going on.  How come mine and 007's work but others do not.  

I am using a PC laptop with the latest Assistant 2 on it.  My P4 is doing great (except for the waypoints).

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-22 04:43

Aloha Pareja,

Try to get a hold of a iOS laptop and load the latest Assistant 2 on it, then refresh.  See if that works.  We have to figure out why mine works just fine (except for waypoints) but others do not work.  It is the same firmware but there are different delivery methods.

Think about it.  If you are hard headed about it and just blame it on DJI, yet with mine and others the P4 works just fine, you will never get to the bottom of your problem.  DJI's firmware is working just fine.  The firmware in your P4 is not working just fine.  We need to find out what went wrong with your delivery method.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-22 12:32
I tried that with Imac, Macbook pro, and Win7 laptop, still same issue.

Aloha wangrin,

There will be no fix for the firmware until the cause of the problem with your installation is figured out.  Right now, no one knows why mine and other fliers P4s work just fine but yours and others do not work properly.  There will be no fix until you and the others do your part.

See if you can get a hold of a Win 10 PC so you can try to refresh the firmware.  Newer is better.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Spain

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-22 15:40
Aloha Pareja,

What version of Assistant 2 are you using?

DJI Assistant 2 v 1.1.2-2
2017-7-22
Use props
fans766953af
lvl.4
Sweden

Hi again.
Tried to upgrade on two different PC:s running W10  and V1.1 2-2. ( No problem upgrade) New blades, and and all calibrations done.The aircraft is still to unstable to fly. I think the problem is in the new way to calibrate the IMU that's causing the trouble.
2017-7-22
Use props
fansb6e07ce9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38586 ft
United Kingdom

I had some trepidation when carrying out upgrades.  For what it is worth.  I have updated P4 using Asst 2 on Win 10 PC and RC using GO4 on tablet.  After updates tried test flight and noted some wobble in hover and deviation in flight,  Carried out IMU and compass calibration - both successful.  However initially unusable very dark  video until settings restored after presumably factory reset .  But result now good flying and good video / photos but yet to check all features .  My tablet is an older, cheap android Alcatel (not actually dji approved but that not known when purchased) which works entirely satisfactorily.  There must be some firmware problems (as reported) but if some / many (?) people upgrade successfully perhaps other factors such as operating system / device used is a determinant?   But whatever the resolution I do agree that dji needs to give some indication of what they are discovering through data submitted perhaps asking those with problem / resolved status to contribute as well.
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-22 22:17
DJI Assistant 2 v 1.1.2-2

Aloha Pareja,

Other than going back and forth between PC and iOS computers with Assistant 2, and since the S/N theory I was working on was a bust, we need another idea.  How about Litchi?  Do you know any P4 pilots who are having that problem but have Litchi?  Maybe there is an odd conflict between the DJI GO 4 app and some firmware installations.  Any ideas?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Spain

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-23 02:07
Aloha Pareja,

Other than going back and forth between PC and iOS computers with Assistant 2, and since the S/N theory I was working on was a bust, we need another idea.  How about Litchi?  Do you know any P4 pilots who are having that problem but have Litchi?  Maybe there is an odd conflict between the DJI GO 4 app and some firmware installations.  Any ideas?

I have Litchi in my tablet (iOS) but not in my smartphone (android). I will test it flying with my smartphone
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-7-23 02:10
I have Litchi in my tablet (iOS) but not in my smartphone (android). I will test it flying with my smartphone

Aloha Pareja,

Good idea!  I think you are also on to something on that other thread to.  Look at what I wrote there.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules