3183 17 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thep4p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374429 ft
United States

Hello peeps
Was wondering how to get my flight records? I did the export,But where do i go to get it or how do i get them. I also synchronization the flights. where do i get them, how do i get them??
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

The flight records are txt files, you can find them on your phone, but they are not readable. Why do you want to get the flight records? You can read them in the DJI GO APP directly.
2017-7-22
Use props
E.finlay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1868366 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-22 01:00
The flight records are txt files, you can find them on your phone, but they are not readable. Why do you want to get the flight records? You can read them in the DJI GO APP directly.

I better question to you is why won't you let us do what we want with our own records ?  Why can't we print them ?  This information belongs to us, not you.  Electronics fail, often.  Printing them out gives a hard copy, like a log book.
2017-7-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

E.finlay Posted at 2017-7-22 17:36
I better question to you is why won't you let us do what we want with our own records ?  Why can't we print them ?  This information belongs to us, not you.  Electronics fail, often.  Printing them out gives a hard copy, like a log book.

As Diana says, they are available on your phone. No-one is trying to hide them from you, in fact you can upload them to Phantomhelp and have them nicely decoded and displayed along with a map of your flight, nothing secret: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ There are instructions on the site to tell you how to go about uploading the records.

And you are incorrect in what you say, DJI do a version of the flight record that is for their own purposes in assessing crashes, and it is not your properrty, although you can look at it. Mind you, it won't make any sense to you.

Why can't you print them? Because like all logs produced by computer systems, they contain information that is formatted to take up little space, so are not human-readable.
2017-7-22
Use props
E.finlay
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-22 17:41
As Diana says, they are available on your phone. No-one is trying to hide them from you, in fact you can upload them to Phantomhelp and have them nicely decoded and displayed along with a map of your flight, nothing secret: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ There are instructions on the site to tell you how to go about uploading the records.

And you are incorrect in what you say, DJI do a version of the flight record that is for their own purposes in assessing crashes, and it is not your properrty, although you can look at it. Mind you, it won't make any sense to you.

I have to disagree.  I bought the drone and the controller.  I own it and everything in it and whatever it produces.  Thanks for the info on how to get the files.  I have been unable to locate or have anyone on the forum be able to say where the info was.  I was able to download the files, but they were unreadable.
2017-7-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

E.finlay Posted at 2017-7-22 17:50
I have to disagree.  I bought the drone and the controller.  I own it and everything in it and whatever it produces.  Thanks for the info on how to get the files.  I have been unable to locate or have anyone on the forum be able to say where the info was.  I was able to download the files, but they were unreadable.

The main flight record files are on the aircraft, they are encrypted. There is a very good reason for DJI to do this, they rely on the data to work out whether a warranty claim was due to a failure of the aircraft or the fault of the pilot. If the files were in plain text, you could easily change them to alter the outcome of a warranty claim, therefore they encrypt them to stop that happening.

BTW, you don't own the code that flies the aircraft, just like you don't own any code on an Apple device.
2017-7-22
Use props
E.finlay
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-22 17:57
The main flight record files are on the aircraft, they are encrypted. There is a very good reason for DJI to do this, they rely on the data to work out whether a warranty claim was due to a failure of the aircraft or the fault of the pilot. If the files were in plain text, you could easily change them to alter the outcome of a warranty claim, therefore they encrypt them to stop that happening.

BTW, you don't own the code that flies the aircraft, just like you don't own any code on an Apple device.

Your right.  I did not create the code, but I did create the log.  I downloaded my logs to my computer, but they are unreadable.  Do you know what program to use to read them or convert them to something usable ?
2017-7-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

E.finlay Posted at 2017-7-22 18:12
Your right.  I did not create the code, but I did create the log.  I downloaded my logs to my computer, but they are unreadable.  Do you know what program to use to read them or convert them to something usable ?

See my post #4, it has a link to a site that will decode them.
2017-7-22
Use props
thep4p
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-22 01:00

I flew my phantom 4 pro at night for the first time, my last flight i did had a "weak gps signal". I flew like 3 minutes before and i didn't get this on my flight. So i was given a website to upload that record of the flight to see what had happen
That is why i was asking how to get the record
2017-7-23
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Perhaps someone has issues uploading ones records to a private HP.
It is not that I don't trust Mike but when not knowing what is in those logs i wouldn't upload my logs anywhere myself.

What i really don't get is why DJI Assisstant don't have the possibility to play back the flights just like it can be done on the RC but with better overview on the Mac/PC.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

thep4p Posted at 2017-7-23 08:49
I flew my phantom 4 pro at night for the first time, my last flight i did had a "weak gps signal". I flew like 3 minutes before and i didn't get this on my flight. So i was given a website to upload that record of the flight to see what had happen
That is why i was asking how to get the record

Got, you can sync your flight records on the APP, then send an email with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to support.us@dji.com, we'll open a case and submit a data analysis for you. To export the flight record files,  for Android devices, connect it to the computer, then find the flight records stored in …\DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord\;  for iOS devices, connect it to the computer, launch the iTunes, then find the flight records in the DJI GO 4 app.
2017-7-23
Use props
Art - N4PJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

E.finlay Posted at 2017-7-22 17:50

Do you have a master computer in your car? Can you "read" the data from that master computer? Did you take it to a garage or dealer and have them read it? How dare they do that!

Yes, it's true you cannot read that .TXT data directly, but others have created utilities so you *can* read the data and analyze your flights. It's certainly not like DJI recorded it and won't let you have it under any circumstances.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2017-7-24
Use props
thep4p
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-23 22:37
Got, you can sync your flight records on the APP, then send an email with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to support.us@dji.com, we'll open a case and submit a data analysis for you. To export the flight record files,  for Android devices, connect it to the computer, then find the flight records stored in …\DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord\;  for iOS devices, connect it to the computer, launch the iTunes, then find the flight records in the DJI GO 4 app.

i downloaded the records, i have ios device.
since i have a dji acct. do i go back into the website and get a email from dji??
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

thep4p Posted at 2017-7-24 07:43
i downloaded the records, i have ios device.
since i have a dji acct. do i go back into the website and get a email from dji??

Which website do you refer to?
If you would like DJI to analyze the data, just sync your flight record, then send an email with you DJI account email and the date this occurred to support.us@dji.com.
If you want to upload the flight record to a third-party website, you may need to contact them directly, since we are not familiar with third-party websites.
2017-7-24
Use props
thep4p
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-24 22:57
Which website do you refer to?
If you would like DJI to analyze the data, just sync your flight record, then send an email with you DJI account email and the date this occurred to .
If you want to upload the flight record to a third-party website, you may need to contact them directly, since we are not familiar with third-party websites.

i misunderstood about the email  But ill email them the record thanks
2017-7-25
Use props
thep4p
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-22 17:41

i tried to upload to that website. But it gives me a error
2017-7-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KEDDK Posted at 2017-7-23 08:58
Perhaps someone has issues uploading ones records to a private HP.
It is not that I don't trust Mike but when not knowing what is in those logs i wouldn't upload my logs anywhere myself.

but when not knowing what is in those logs i wouldn't upload my logs anywhere myself

You only have to look at someone else's to see what's there.
What's on the logs is where your Phantom recorded it's home point, where it was for every 1/10th of a second through the flight and what a bunch of sensors were reading as well - just normal flight data.
No credit card numbers or photos from your bedroom.
Unless you've been flying somewhere you're particularly embarrassed about, there's nothing to worry about.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

thep4p Posted at 2017-7-25 06:07
i misunderstood about the email  But ill email them the record thanks

You are welcome, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules