Engine Overloaded - Check whether gimbal clamp is removed
11099 20 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3acc0b0a
New
United States

I have the same problem: "aircraft engine overloaded, check whether gimbal clamp is removed" and then "gimbal obstructed". Tried all the resets, calibration of gimbal doesn't get passed 5%.

I'm desperate. I'm shooting video and photo in Iceland for 14 days,  spent thousands of dollars getting expensive car rentals and expensive activities to get epic drone shots of the nature here and this f---ing drone stops working on day 2! I read here that it could be a problem with the flat cable being broken. Not an expert but the cable doesn't seem interrupted or anything... I don't have time to send back the drone for repair and wait for DJI's freaking diagnose. I chatted with tech support but they were useless. Their support really really SUCKS. Anyone that could please help? I'm desperate at this point. I'm considering driving 400 miles back to Reykjavik to buy a replacement if this thing doesn't work tomorrow.

Thank you

Mat

2017-7-21
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

You didn't say you did...but I'm assuming you removed the gimbal clamp?
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Did anything happen before , like hard landing or crash? Is the firmware up to date? Make sure the Gimbal clamp is removed before you power on the drone, then try to upgrade the firmware or refresh the firmware, see if it works.
2017-7-21
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I had similar experience from dust, blow all joints and move them gently! It solves my problem then.
Good Luck
2017-7-22
Use props
brettt
lvl.3
United States

I happened to have the same problem, in Iceland, at Dettifoss. One thing people suggest in the forums is to make sure the gimbal is behind those hooks and not outside of them. That was not my problem. Obviously also make sure the gimbal clamp is removed... if you review the forums, many people have this problem for no reason and have to send it back to DJI. I sent mine in for repair and after 2 weeks the package is coming back to me without them ever getting it. I guess they rejected the package? They really do suck. I used their label so the address should be right. I should start a new post about that but I'm still waiting for the package to see if they said anything on it...

Buy another if you have to, I considered it but they're $1,700 there and you're giving DJI more money... they also sell them in Akureyri if you're closer to that.

The Mavic seems to be very, very unreliable...
2017-7-24
Use props
fans60a51631
New
Flight distance : 309308 ft

Brazil

Hi, Im from Brazil and many people here have the same problem. "Gimbal is overloaded" and my mavic (and the others) never crashed or failed. The gimbal always "resset" (crazy moviments) and never complete the autocalibrate (just 31% and fail). A provisional solution is turn up the mavic (belly up) and the gimbal dont resset, but it isnt the definitive solution.
2017-8-2
Use props
fans60a51631
New

Brazil

fans60a51631 Posted at 2017-8-2 13:26
Hi, Im from Brazil and many people here have the same problem. "Gimbal is overloaded" and my mavic (and the others) never crashed or failed. The gimbal always "resset" (crazy moviments) and never complete the autocalibrate (just 31% and fail). A provisional solution is turn up the mavic (belly up) and the gimbal dont resset, but it isnt the definitive solution.

some owners of mavic are changing the cable flat of the gimbal, but isnt a definitive solution as the problem returns...
2017-8-2
Use props
fans60a51631
New

Brazil

fans60a51631 Posted at 2017-8-2 13:25
some owners of mavic are changing the cable flat of the gimbal, but isnt a definitive solution as the problem returns...

maybe the problem (I counted 6 same cases here in Brazil) has been a problem of project...
2017-8-2
Use props
Arm8tr0ng
New
Flight distance : 5377 ft

Australia

I have the same issue
2017-8-3
Use props
fatmoog
New
United Kingdom

Did anyone reply with a fix for this?
2017-8-14
Use props
fans55d9c6ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257149 ft
Italy

#Quick Reply HereIdentical problem just yesterday. Check the obstruction of the gimbal and overload motor. The new clipping does not exceed 5%. What happen? Are there solutions or must be repaired? Never fell and I only have 28 flights. You can not even convey the horizontal-vertical vertical inclination of the lens from the RC
2017-8-28
Use props
fans55d9c6ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257149 ft
Italy

I forgot, on a couple of occasions, the movies were blurry, even if made immediately afterwards to other movies that were perfectly focused
2017-8-28
Use props
djiuser_dSLHS7M
New
Brazil

fans60a51631 Posted at 2017-8-2 13:26

I have a similar problem. Gimbal is shanking so badly right after startup. Owner of Mavic Pro for a month and a half. I've contact DJI support and the reply was to do an upgrade of all components (App, Control and aircraft). Looks like they did not check the video I attach to email, cause keeping the aircraft powered for at least 5 min could input more damage do gimbal, due to this violent hits.
Sent another email do DJI cause nothing has change and the answer was to pack Mavic and sent to DJI in US (I from Brazil). Also, with all cost shouldered by me.
What a great support!
Lots of same problem been reported all over the world and DJI should, at least, recall the product.
2017-8-28
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

djiuser_dSLHS7M Posted at 2017-8-28 11:10
I have a similar problem. Gimbal is shanking so badly right after startup. Owner of Mavic Pro for a month and a half. I've contact DJI support and the reply was to do an upgrade of all components (App, Control and aircraft). Looks like they did not check the video I attach to email, cause keeping the aircraft powered for at least 5 min could input more damage do gimbal, due to this violent hits.
Sent another email do DJI cause nothing has change and the answer was to pack Mavic and sent to DJI in US (I from Brazil). Also, with all cost shouldered by me.
What a great support!

Omg that is some Linda Blair stuff right there... lol
2017-8-28
Use props
N33ko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181368 ft
United States

If you look at the top of the camera lens, there is a yellow pull tab.  I removed mine when I bought it as it looks like that is what you are suppose to do.  I may be wrong and hopefully haven't voided me warranty.  Not sure if that is your problem.  I have had gimbal overloads as my ND filter would stick as it went through the start up.  I just tapped it and the problem corrected.  Good luck whatever the case.
2017-8-28
Use props
djiuser_uX8wwtu
New
Flight distance : 21857 ft

Brazil

fans60a51631 Posted at 2017-8-2 13:25

Tbm estoy com esse problema. Conseguiu resolver. Vamos conversar. Sou de São Paulo
2017-10-19
Use props
djiuser_uX8wwtu
New
Flight distance : 21857 ft

Brazil

djiuser_dSLHS7M Posted at 2017-8-28 11:10
What a great support!

Oie. Vc consegue me ajudar ? Estou enfrentando mesmo problema seu com o mavic.  Sou de SP. Rogacianomendonca@gmail.com  se puder me ajudar.

2017-10-19
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I have the same issue!.
And no solution!
2017-10-20
Use props
fansc04dcf55
New

Lebanon

I have the same problem and I teceived my dji only 2 weeks ago and I am deseperate. What to do. I brought it with me to shoot some nice puctures in Egypt but I think I will have tobreturn it back when I get back home
2018-12-23
Use props
fansc04dcf55
New

Lebanon

When I try to calibrate tge Gimbal. It only reaches 10%
2018-12-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got that message last night after flying on my 4th battery, landed it make sure clamp was off and restarted it then the message went away.
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules