Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Support and Repair
1033 10 2017-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89603 ft
United States

Phantom owner here.  I have a P3S and a P4.  No problems untill in June I found that the RC for P4 would no longer charge 100%.  I am a frequent reader of the forum here and I cringed at the thought of having to send the P4 equip in for repair even though it was still under warrenty.  I even considered trying to get a third party battery to replace the one in the RC.  
Well thank goodness reason kicked in and I went ahead and opened a case and sent it in.   I shipped it right at the beginning of July (not sure of day).  Anyway they received it out in California on July 5th and I was notified by email that same day.  Of course I kept up with it on the DJI page that lets you see where it is in the pipeline.  It got to the "verified" stage and stayed there a couple days.  So I asked the forum what verified meant---and was told by a couple of pilots that I shouldn't depend on the "progress page" to get info on the status of the RC.  

I later checked back on the forum to see if anyone else had any other ideas and was happy to see one of the DJI administrators had replied and requested a case # and they would look into it.  I was especially anxious because a brand new set of DJI Goggles was on the way and in my reply I let them know that.  

Well to make a long story short, I received a brand new RC the 12th of July.  The only prob was my HDMI module was not with it. So I contacted one of the nice administors and let her know that and was told she would look into it.  The next day I received a phone call from DJI Repair and was told a brand new HDMI module was on the way and given a tracking # for UPS.  They shipped it 2 day air and I had it in my hands quick!

The whole experience went smooth as could be, I was kept up to date by the folks at DJI and I want to thank them very much for all the help and speedy service.  Everything works fine and using the goggles is just awsome!!

Dan in South Carolina
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Dan,

What you had was a normal DJI experience - at least to my own knowledge.  That is the way it really works most of the time.  DJI works hard to get us really good service and they have always tried to do so.  Sure there are times when things are going to go wrong, but it is only because we are all human.

Today, I just sent in an RMA for a motherboard (for a totally different company) and so far I have also had a really good experience.  This is actually the norm in today's world.  Somehow things do go wrong at times, but over all we have it pretty good.

Mahalo for the report on your experience!  Unfortunately some people make things difficult for themselves when patience is needed instead.  Customers are dealing with companies that do not know you from Adam but want to give you good service.  If things go wrong, cut them some slack and have patience.

If I worked for a company and a customer was very disagreeable even when they had a right to be disagreeable, I would give better service (if it was my choice) to a similar customer who also had the right to be disagreeable but was understanding about the problem we were having.  Just sayin.

Mahalo again for the supportive report!  We need to keep the spirits up of the workers in DJI support!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
Jonand4
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same experience with the charge on my RC.  It will only charge to 50%.  Does that mean i need to send it back to DJI?  All guidance is greatly appreciated.
2017-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dan, we are really pleased to hear everything turns out to be great, your positive feedback is highly appreciated.
Hope you have a great time on flying, we will keep moving to provide you more good products and more professional customer service.
2017-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-22 01:49
Aloha Dan,

What you had was a normal DJI experience - at least to my own knowledge.  That is the way it really works most of the time.  DJI works hard to get us really good service and they have always tried to do so.  Sure there are times when things are going to go wrong, but it is only because we are all human.

Cetacean, thank you for your understanding and support to DJI customer service and products. Though a part customers have unpleasant experience, we are sincerely sorry for that and are trying our best to get things right.
It is you guys who give us motivation to keep moving. We appreciate your support and will make all customers to have a pleasant experience with us.
2017-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jonand4 Posted at 2017-7-22 13:07
I am having the same experience with the charge on my RC.  It will only charge to 50%.  Does that mean i need to send it back to DJI?  All guidance is greatly appreciated.

Really sorry for the experience with our product, please contact our support to sent the RC in, we will take care of it. Here is the link to obtain support: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-22 18:33
Cetacean, thank you for your understanding and support to DJI customer service and products. Though a part customers have unpleasant experience, we are sincerely sorry for that and are trying our best to get things right.
It is you guys who give us motivation to keep moving. We appreciate your support and will make all customers to have a pleasant experience with us.

Aloha Mindy,

Well, Mahalo for the kind words!  My concern is that when people get unfair, problems do not get solved.  We are here to solve problems so fairness is an important part of the process.  This is true for DJI and all companies.

Mahalo for yours and the other moderators efforts to help with these confusing problems.  What you do is not easy, but it is very much appreciated.  Mahalo again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-22 19:01
Aloha Mindy,

Well, Mahalo for the kind words!  My concern is that when people get unfair, problems do not get solved.  We are here to solve problems so fairness is an important part of the process.  This is true for DJI and all companies.

Thank you so much for your understanding and kindness, it's our goal to make every customers have good experience with our products and repair service.
Have a sweet dream, my friend.
2017-7-22
Use props
Jonand4
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-22 18:35
Really sorry for the experience with our product, please contact our support to sent the RC in, we will take care of it. Here is the link to obtain support: http://www.dji.com/support

Thanks for the reply and the information. I will send it back.  I also have batteries that are not holding a charge. They lose the charge in my carrying case. Should i send also send them back also?
2017-7-23
Use props
Jonand4
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-22 18:35

I also wanted to to let all of the forum members to know that DJI service was great when I had to send my drone back to have the landing gear fixed.  They fixed the unit and got it back to me quickly.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jonand4 Posted at 2017-7-23 09:15
Thanks for the reply and the information. I will send it back.  I also have batteries that are not holding a charge. They lose the charge in my carrying case. Should i send also send them back also?

The battery fails to charge with the charger? There is no response or the LED blinks and which one?
We appreciate if you could provide more information.
Thanks for your support to DJI, we will keep moving to make you have a good experience with us.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules