Mavic Remote Will Not Power On
23217 25 2017-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jelly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 827444 ft

United States

Everything was fine.  Today went to fly the drone and the remote will not power on.  Nothing happens when I press the power button.  Does not show the battery percent, does not say connecting.. Nothing.  Once after holding the power button and plugging it in it said battery was at 98 percent but went away after a second or two.  Is there a way to reset this thing or put it in some sort of mode so I can at least refresh it with the DJI software on the computer?  I am at a loss.  
2017-7-22
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I apologize if the question seems insulting, but are you doing the quick-press-and-release-followed-by-a-second-press to turn it on?

The reason I ask is partly because we do sometimes see posts where people don't realize that just a single press won't turn the power on or off, but also because you mentioned that, "Once after holding the power button and plugging it in it said battery was at 98 percent but went away after a second or two."

When I press and hold down the power button on my remote it only displays the battery level for a few seconds before disappearing, which made me wonder if that's also what's happening in your case.
2017-7-22
Use props
Jelly
lvl.1

United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-22 05:20
I apologize if the question seems insulting, but are you doing the quick-press-and-release-followed-by-a-second-press to turn it on?

The reason I ask is partly because we do sometimes see posts where people don't realize that just a single press won't turn the power on or off, but also because you mentioned that, "Once after holding the power button and plugging it in it said battery was at 98 percent but went away after a second or two."

No.  Nothing happens.  Quick press and nothing happens.  quick press then press and hold nothing.  I opened the controller and disconnected the main board.  Plugging it back in turns the controller on and it functions.  I can turn it on and off.  Thought I fixed it.  As soon as I plug the micro usb in, it shuts off and will not turn back on until I disconnect the main board again.  I can plug the bottom usb into my phone and it works that way however I cannot refresh the firmware with the phone.
I don't understand why it immediately shuts off as soon as I plug in the micro usb
2017-7-22
Use props
Ferks
lvl.2
United States

Jelly Posted at 2017-7-22 06:14
No.  Nothing happens.  Quick press and nothing happens.  quick press then press and hold nothing.  I opened the controller and disconnected the main board.  Plugging it back in turns the controller on and it functions.  I can turn it on and off.  Thought I fixed it.  As soon as I plug the micro usb in, it shuts off and will not turn back on until I disconnect the main board again.  I can plug the bottom usb into my phone and it works that way however I cannot refresh the firmware with the phone.
I don't understand why it immediately shuts off as soon as I plug in the micro usb

Maybe the cable you're using has a short in it, does it power on with all cables unplugged ?
2017-7-22
Use props
Jelly
lvl.1

United States

I tried  different cables.  Once I plug the micro usb cable in it shuts off and will not turn on again until I unplug the main board.  With no cables plugged into it, it still will not turn on.  I physically have to open it up, unplug the board, plug it in and it will work fine until I plug the micro usb in.  The usb port on the bottom works fine and I can connect my phone that way.  But I am unable to charge the controller.
2017-7-22
Use props
Ferks
lvl.2
United States

Jelly Posted at 2017-7-22 06:41
I tried  different cables.  Once I plug the micro usb cable in it shuts off and will not turn on again until I unplug the main board.  With no cables plugged into it, it still will not turn on.  I physically have to open it up, unplug the board, plug it in and it will work fine until I plug the micro usb in.  The usb port on the bottom works fine and I can connect my phone that way.  But I am unable to charge the controller.

That really sucks, time to get DJI involved, hopefully a replacement.
2017-7-22
Use props
chub1962
lvl.2
Flight distance : 644915 ft
Australia

perhaps you could post a short video of attempting to turn it on and one of the experts here might have an idea?
2017-7-22
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Have you tried a second battery?
2017-7-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Hungary

The port itself might have shorted. You woul;d have to send it in unless you check it first and double check that there is a short in the hub itself!
2017-7-22
Use props
Jelly
lvl.1

United States

I contacted support and they had me send a video and pictures.  Hopefully hear back from them soon.  I suspect the port itself is shorted out.  As soon as any power is put to that port it shuts off.  Time to send it in..  I have had nothing but problems.  It's frustrating.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for this, you may need to send it in for diagnosis and repair, have you got a case number from the Support?
2017-7-24
Use props
Jayc1358
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-24 00:43
Sorry for this, you may need to send it in for diagnosis and repair, have you got a case number from the Support?

I do.  It's CAS-823082-S6G4H9.  I am waiting for a UPS label.
2017-7-24
Use props
Jat001
New
United States

Mine will not Power on either - if I let it sit for a minute it will show battery status and then nothing - it's dead
2017-7-31
Use props
Jelly
lvl.1

United States

Jat001 Posted at 2017-7-31 14:08
Mine will not Power on either - if I let it sit for a minute it will show battery status and then nothing - it's dead

I sent mine in.  They should get it tomorrow and then we will see what they say
2017-8-1
Use props
Francisco Witt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144078 ft
Brazil

Jelly Posted at 2017-8-1 14:28

Mine has the same symptoms.

The flight controller doesn't turn on, the only symptom is showing the battery level and is able to charge.
Did you have to send it back to DJI?
Thanks
2019-4-12
Use props
pellepus
New

Norway

I have the same prob.Used this drone  5 times !!crap ! never buy from this DJI any more. I have jobs waiting, and lost money already
2020-1-13
Use props
pellepus
New

Norway

I will return it, of course to the store, a dealer online, in Norway, but thant will take 2-3 weeks ! can you tell me if you got a replacement remote?
2020-1-13
Use props
SUHAAG DALAL
New
India

MY DJI MAVIC MINI IS SHOWING THE DRONE BATTERY LIGHT ONLY WHEN CHARGING. PRESSING THE POWER BUTTON DOESNT TURN THE LIGHTS ON NOT THE DRONE. TOTALLY STUCK WITH THIS. IS IT A BATTERY ISSUE ?OR THE MOTHER BOARD ISSUE
2020-2-26
Use props
stevencotterell72yahoo.co.uk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have the same issue today charges up fine lights showing charging but won’t turn on ! Had it a few months been working fine
2020-4-10
Use props
Tommy The Cat
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue as the other dozen or so people. Sounds like a recall or crappy workmanship. Who would use a micro-USB these days anyways? STUPID-CHEAP. Hope saving a few pennies per controller worked out for you DJI. You don't get what you pay for I guess. It probably doesn't help that it comes with the shortest cables they could find to hook to your phone. Mine came with the tablet holder which is totally useless since the cables too short...That makes sense. They know about the cable problem since they address it in the manual saying you may need a longer cable...Take the time to print it in the manual but not fix the issue. Lazy Cheap. How about some real firmware updates also for the mini. It has not follow me or plotting. Basic stuff cheaper drones come with. Very disappointed.
2020-6-12
Use props
djiuser_D26SihQYZFrC
New

United States

Same problem. I almost gave up because of this thread... It angered me because I got my mavic on clearance from a return so couldn't insure.. I've used it for 3 months now with no issues. Then this. it will charge but wont even turn on when Im on the weekly run. Simple fix. Pushed power button extra hard, about 10lbs of thumb strength. turned right on. pain in the ass to turn off. I work construction in extremely dusty conditions so im making the great assumption dust got into the button assembly. didn't want to take it apart but i think Ill have to to avoid damaging the motherboard with thumb trauma. try it. wont hurt if you can't get anything else out of it. mine did fully charge and always responded to chargers. This happened to me after charging it with an off brand car charger FYI.
2020-7-14
Use props
fansd0213e36
New

United States

Jayc1358 Posted at 2017-7-24 03:11
I do.  It's CAS-823082-S6G4H9.  I am waiting for a UPS label.

How did this turn out? I'm having the same problem.
2020-7-18
Use props
fansd0213e36
New

United States

Jelly Posted at 2017-8-1 14:28

How did this turn out for you. I'm having the same issue with my controller.
2020-7-18
Use props
djiuser_mIjXANeOCvjW
New

United States

Hello,
I have a Mavic Mini and might have the same issue.  It was purchased on Dec 2019 and probably used about 40-50 times.

I made a video of my issue that I posted on YouTube but the forum does not let me post the link but if you go to Youtube, just add this to the end of the URL /watch?v=-YY8a05B4ig

Is there a trick to hard reset it when it does not turn on?  
Thanks!
2021-6-21
Use props
djiuser_nnDpa945tOcP
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-24 00:43
How do i do that
2022-8-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may we know the detail of the issue you encountered for better assistance? If you would need repair service, please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair
We will do our best to help this out.
2022-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules