UK to bring in drone registration
1104 4 2017-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The UK government has announced  plans to introduce drone registration and safety awareness courses for  owners of the small unmanned aircraft.
It will affect anyone who owns a drone which weighs more than 250 grams (8oz).
Drone maker DJI said it was in favour of the measures.
There  is no time frame or firm plans as to how the new rules will be enforced  and the Department of Transport admitted that "the nuts and bolts still  have to be ironed out".
The drone safety awareness test will  involve potential flyers having to "prove that they understand UK  safety, security and privacy regulations", it said.
The plans also  include the extension of geo-fencing, in which no-fly zones are  programmed into drones using GPS co-ordinates, around areas such as  prisons and airports.

2017-7-22
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Europe will follow.
2017-7-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Europe is already working on it, i think you will soon see drones like Mavic available in different versions one for hobbyist and one for commercial use.
i also think registration forms or information for registration will arrive with every drone , and maybe flyers will be restricted until they register and do the appropriate test.
2017-7-22
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-22 07:55
Europe is already working on it, i think you will soon see drones like Mavic available in different versions one for hobbyist and one for commercial use.
i also think registration forms or information for registration will arrive with every drone , and maybe flyers will be restricted until they register and do the appropriate test.

Yes I agree.....It was only a matter of time and I also think there will be more restrictions and regulations to come!!!
2017-7-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-7-22 08:29
Yes I agree.....It was only a matter of time and I also think there will be more restrictions and regulations to come!!!

I don't see more stringent restrictions, I think we might see different categories of flyers depending on qualifications, but options to open up more sky to more qualified flyers. Well I hope so anyway.
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules