Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UK to bring in drone registration
947 10 2017-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The UK government has announced  plans to introduce drone registration and safety awareness courses for  owners of the small unmanned aircraft.
It will affect anyone who owns a drone which weighs more than 250 grams (8oz).
Drone maker DJI said it was in favour of the measures.
There  is no time frame or firm plans as to how the new rules will be enforced  and the Department of Transport admitted that "the nuts and bolts still  have to be ironed out".
The drone safety awareness test will  involve potential flyers having to "prove that they understand UK  safety, security and privacy regulations", it said.
The plans also  include the extension of geo-fencing, in which no-fly zones are  programmed into drones using GPS co-ordinates, around areas such as  prisons and airports.

2017-7-22
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

The BBC also mentioned possible liability insurance.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40684581
2017-7-22
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Yes I saw that also......but maybe a good thing if it also covers the cost of your drone
2017-7-22
Use props
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

I can't say I have any objections really but will they be bringing in registration for dogs and their owners? Many people in the UK are maimed or even killed by dogs each year but yet this is no cause for concern it would seem. Also how are they going to police it? The police are barely able to cope with what they have on their plates already. And what about users who simply won't register? It is not going to be a straightforward affair.
2017-7-22
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-7-22 07:56
I can't say I have any objections really but will they be bringing in registration for dogs and their owners? Many people in the UK are maimed or even killed by dogs each year but yet this is no cause for concern it would seem. Also how are they going to police it? The police are barely able to cope with what they have on their plates already. And what about users who simply won't register? It is not going to be a straightforward affair.

They have already brought in registration for dogs its called micro chipping which is mandatory! and I have to add it is not the dogs fault when this does happen its the irisponsable owners,
No different from people driving without a licence or insurance for that matter eventually chances are you will get caught out if you do not comply,
It was only a matter of time before they did something with all the knob heads out there and yes I agree maybe it is a good thing after all
2017-7-22
Use props
charlesP4P
lvl.3
Flight distance : 130230 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe i'm too cynical, but I wouldn't mind betting some govt official has taxes and fees in mind for this programme.  All because of a very few  morons endangering life with their toys.
2017-7-22
Use props
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-7-22 08:14
They have already brought in registration for dogs its called micro chipping which is mandatory! and I have to add it is not the dogs fault when this does happen its the irisponsable owners,
No different from people driving without a licence or insurance for that matter eventually chances are you will get caught out if you do not comply,
It was only a matter of time before they did something with all the knob heads out there and yes I agree maybe it is a good thing after all

Well that shows how long it's been since I owned a dog :-)
Perhaps they should microchip their owners too :-0
2017-7-22
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

charlesP4P Posted at 2017-7-22 08:20
Maybe i'm too cynical, but I wouldn't mind betting some govt official has taxes and fees in mind for this programme.  All because of a very few  morons endangering life with their toys.

Yes of course the government wants a slice of the cake it always does!
2017-7-22
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-7-22 08:25
Yes of course the government wants a slice of the cake it always does!

registration,  an exam about the rules -unless one is a member of a recognized Air Model Club-  and insurance -which BTW is already comprised in the Model Club yearly fee- became mandatory in Danmark on July 1st for drones over 250 grams. And, OMG, the government pretended 15 kroner for the registration!!! nearly 1.8 GBP !!!
2017-7-22
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-22 09:10
registration,  an exam about the rules -unless one is a member of a recognized Air Model Club-  and insurance -which BTW is already comprised in the Model Club yearly fee- became mandatory in Danmark on July 1st for drones over 250 grams. And, OMG, the government pretended 15 kroner for the registration!!! nearly 1.8 GBP !!!

Yes but we talking about the UK here.....and the government here is sure to want more than 1.80p!
2017-7-22
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I would go for £25 at least. It could be a nice little earner for them.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules