Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latest Video :) & Need Your Suggestions
1158 7 2015-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
svencool
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

I really need to find a camera operator! I have a second controller but my teenage son isn't around as often as I might like lol...... Oh well... So where did you guy/gals find a camera operator? I wouldn't mind hering your suggestions...... Just can't be super smooth trying to fly and preform all the needed camera actions..

Mike.

2015-3-22
Use props
Acidsnow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Lucky those windmills turbulence didn't take your bird for a fun trip....
2015-3-22
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-3-23 03:44
Lucky those windmills turbulence didn't take your bird for a fun trip....

It looks closer than it really was!! Which can be a good thing lol keeps you at distance
2015-3-22
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Good stuff!  

Yeah, I'd love to have an operator as well, especially when flying in tight spaces where you have to focus 100% on not crashing!  Once in a while I coordinate a shoot at a time creative friends are visiting, but most of the time it's a spur of the moment decision to go shoot and I'm all alone...

Couple of unsolicited artistic suggestions that you can feel free to ignore:     

1. When flying in straight lines it's nice to track something as you go.  In the Seminary series I would have loved to see you fly low over those gorgeous barren trees all in a perfect line.  You can see them camera-right at 33 seconds.   Look for things like that at your shoots they can really bring a shot to life.

2. You don't need to always focus on the main object of your shoot.   WIth the windmills, those long shadows gave some fantastic opportunities.   Would have loved to see some shots focussing only on them, cutting out the windmills completely.  Especially where a shadow intersects something else, like a trench, row of bushes or other object.
2015-3-22
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-23 04:45
Good stuff!  

Yeah, I'd love to have an operator as well, especially when flying in tight spaces wh ...

Thanks Jim I've got tons of footage I will have to go back in there and look at it before archiving it and thanks for the comment about you don't need to focus on the main subject But I did leave in some shadows of the wind mills where the arms almost looking like they are falling on themselves as they come around

I like comments especially when they come from talented people such as yourself Thanks

Mike
2015-3-22
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Good stuff Mike.  You have some wonderful scenery in your neck of the world.   Flying in Sydney is so restricted I'm running out of places to shoot!  ;-)
2015-3-23
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

Goosh sorry to here that!!!! But I guess it could get that way all over if these people like out in WA as of late. Drone dude flying above helicopters keep that stuff up and we all might be out of biz!!!!! Lets hope not!

Mike
2015-3-23
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

Hey Jim do you know of any web sites that I can review or try to learn videography. I'm a self taught photographer and have tried to learn what ever it is on my own. If you hadn't seen my web sight it will give you an idea of what that's like lol. www.photostrated.com. Thanks for any tips

Mike
2015-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules