Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

well put..
2017-7-23
Use props
fans1e968a41
lvl.1
United States

Hey DJI, I've owned almost every Phantom drone you've made. Things used to work. Now I'm a beta tester. I'd feel horrible selling this mess to someone else, and them going through the same thing.
If I were you, I'd start offering a buyback, or a way for users to roll back firmware. This is completely unacepable for us part 107 people that you're making look like complete fools. I don't want another firmware update becase I simply do not trust you, nor will I ever trust you again.

Everything that has happened since the P3 Pro has been nothing but a headache. So what is going on?

*post has been slightly edited by a mod to fall within forum guidlines.
2017-7-23
Use props
Gillega
lvl.2
United States

In my day job, (IT Infrastructure and app upgrades) the single most important task is communications. In short, the what, when and where firmware, patches, etc. will affect the functionality of access. I found even the best laid communication plans often fall short from the end user prospective. I would be encouraged if DJI would at least provide a plan of action and potential time line
2017-7-23
Use props
pat_L
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-23
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
United States

DJI give a damn to what we talking here. "long term loyal customer" means nothing to them.
its because they are chinese. if they screw up something and you scold them with all right in the world because its the 278 millionth time they do same mistakes OVER AND OVER again they just look into infinity. their eyes get glassy and they keep absolute utterly silence!
it something genetic i think. i see this every day in my work.
they screw up so many times that even facepalm isnt enough anymore after you teach them over and over how to do something right. but they cant. something inside the head prevent them from being logic and responsive if mistakes been made.

so all angry posts we see here in forum WILL BE IGNORED because the brain of them just shut off. otherwise they would loose face even more and thats a big NONO in this "culture".

if any mod actually would answer to this topic you will read EXACTLY the same BS they got hammered in while getting brainwashed by DJI HQ: "we apologize that you have such unpleasant experience blablabla..." its like talking to a robot here. this ignorance annoy me even more. its like slapping you in the face and then apologize for the unpleasant experience. but in fact i am absolutely uninterested how you feel. this sadly renders this forum to a big joke when it comes to the point you need help.
only if there are some "normal things" like broken propeller or damaged gimbal they will check your case number and try to help. all other stuff where DJI screw up so massively in the last months with these forced stoopid firmware upgrades and locked drones everywhere you cant expect any answer. and this is why so many people change parameters in their drones. if DJI think they can control the whole world like they control chinese citizens, they are wrong. we will see it soon. wait some months when DJI lock down whole country areas. you will see a new era of hackers coming up to unlock this again. and even now i think DJIs image is already damaged alot. they will loose alot customer this year. sooner or later another star will come up, hopefully learn from all these mistakes and bring out a drone without limitations except airports.
for everything else we got already enough rules and the cops can take care of that. DJI dont need play worlds drone police.

interesting video which have not really something to do with this topic but heading in the direction of getting ruled to death everywhere. soon this wonderful hobby will be dead if people dont wake up:
2017-7-23
Use props
pat_L
Banned

United States

2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sincerely sorry for the trouble that had been caused. Could you please provide me more details about your Phantom 3 Pro so I can help you with? We do not support firmware downgrading at present, but I will transfer this request to our engineers.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, we do care about customer experiences onto DJI's after-sales service. Should you have any questions, technical support and repair requirements or production advice, please feel free to contact us, we will definitely try our best to help you out, or reflect it to our engineers to look for the better way to solve the question, and will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
2017-7-24
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-24 04:40
Hi all, we do care about customer experiences onto DJI's after-sales service. Should you have any questions, technical support and repair requirements or production advice, please feel free to contact us, we will definitely try our best to help you out, or reflect it to our engineers to look for the better way to solve the question, and will keep improving to make your experience with us better.

"we do care about customer experiences onto DJI's after-sales service."

If this is so, please answer just one simple question;

In the U.S., why can't DJI create a process in which 'professional part 107 pilots' can get their UAV completely unlocked ONCE and leave it that way?

You have our profile and we MUST sign in, so simply update the app to include a space to upload our certificate and UNLOCK THE DRONE!  

i DO NOT expect that I'll get an answer..... please prove me wrong.
Thank you.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans1e968a41
lvl.1
United States

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-7-24 05:47

Thanks man, that was a huge issue. Since my previously working-just-fine iPad mini gen 4 stopped I had to use my phone. There was very weak data coverage and it took almost an hour, including a password reset.

I'm sure you know that sinking feeling, like why is there no way to at least temporarily use the drone without authenticating with DJI.

I get people use drones to do bad things, but locking the good users out is simply not a solution.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans1e968a41
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-24 03:14
Sincerely sorry for the trouble that had been caused. Could you please provide me more details about your Phantom 3 Pro so I can help you with? We do not support firmware downgrading at present, but I will transfer this request to our engineers.

It's a Phantom 4 Pro.  What details are you looking for?
2017-7-24
Use props
fans1e968a41
lvl.1
United States

I just canceled my shoot for Wednesday. I finally had an opportunity to work with someone semi-famous, doing a documentary and making some real money.

Whatever DJI support can fix today will not matter, I'm sure that in a month from now I'll be left stranded and aggravating some client. I will either sell or hack the P4 Pro. Until then I am hanging up my Part 107.

It's such a shame too, the P4P's camera is amazing, 4K at 60 fps. Bar far the greatest camera I have owned. I hope I can do a flight controller swap, or maybe move the camera to another drone.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans1e968a41
lvl.1
United States

I really like Flying Wolf_NOL's idea. Considering the FAA knows everything about a Part 107, and their drone is registered, I feel that entitles us to decided if we want to update firmware, when we choose, not when some unannounced  push happens.

It makes perfect sense. Who can we petition at DJI about this?
2017-7-24
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Imagine if Ford started enforcing NDZ's (No Drive Zones)?  That would seem fairly insane right?  So you are driving to a job and suddenly you get a warning that in another mile your car will die because you are entering a NDZ that was ENFORCED by Ford.  

Ford (and other auto makers) don't get to enforce the rules, the police enforce the rules.   We follow the rules because we are responsible people, or are at the very least afraid of the penalties.   Recently there have been tragic attacks around the world using cars and trucks to mow people down, yet there doesn't appear to be any legislation at all for limiting the use of autos, other than the need to get a drivers license.

An Auto maker telling us where and when we can drive would cause us to switch auto maker.  

I understand that drones pose an immediate danger to the public and our national airspace, and I understand that DJI is trying to be a good citizen in the community, but it is LUDICROUS for DJI to play any enforcement role by purposefully grounding our drones.  That isn't your role DJI, that is the role of the FAA and governing agencies.  You are a manufacturer of a product, not an enforcement agency.  
That said, as I (and now others) have mentioned here (and in other threads), maybe EVERY owner of a drone should have to apply for a license before they are unlocked to fly greater than 50 feet.  A simple license (teaching the user about the dangers and proceedures) would unlock greater distance and speed.  A Part 107 license could unlock the NFZ's that DJI is currently enforcing.  

We are not allowed to drive our cars until we get a license.  Makes sense that we should not be allowed to fly until we have proven we can be safe and responsible and receive a license.  But once we have proven that we can be safe and responsible, we should be unlocked from the restrictions currently enforced by DJI.
2017-7-24
Use props
pat_L
Banned

United States

2017-7-24
Use props
fans1e968a41
lvl.1
United States

Now that this post is back online, I bid everyone farewell. I wish everyone the best of luck, and a solution that works for DJI as well as their end users.

Thank you for allowing the post to continue, because I'm sure there is some solution out there.

Good luck with it.
2017-7-24
Use props
Greg M.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69442 ft
United States

fans1e968a41 Posted at 2017-7-24 10:56
Now that this post is back online, I bid everyone farewell. I wish everyone the best of luck, and a solution that works for DJI as well as their end users.

Thank you for allowing the post to continue, because I'm sure there is some solution out there.

I don't think you will be missed.
2017-7-24
Use props
Gillega
lvl.2
United States

Great suggestion - I speculate an update to the app to include a space to upload part 107 certificate could also serve as an option to eliminate future challenges list this.
2017-7-24
Use props
fansf0bc6ac0
New
Flight distance : 9245 ft
Brazil

DJIThor, please help me. My gimball is crazy after upgrading. I have a P4 that had no utility without gimball. Can't calibratr it anymore.
Jose Magalhaes
jrmagalhaes@gmail.com
2017-7-24
Use props
Krakozawr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250725 ft
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-24 07:41
Imagine if Ford started enforcing NDZ's (No Drive Zones)?  That would seem fairly insane right?  So you are driving to a job and suddenly you get a warning that in another mile your car will die because you are entering a NDZ that was ENFORCED by Ford.  

Ford (and other auto makers) don't get to enforce the rules, the police enforce the rules.   We follow the rules because we are responsible people, or are at the very least afraid of the penalties.   Recently there have been tragic attacks around the world using cars and trucks to mow people down, yet there doesn't appear to be any legislation at all for limiting the use of autos, other than the need to get a drivers license.

I totally agree! More, I just come to the forum to write exactly this thing. People who have commercial licenses already passed some education and preparation, they have business interests, they are watched by FAA and they will never violate their licenses and businesses. Or, at least, they know when they are violating rules. I believe that license submission must eliminate all restrictions and leave all responsibility to license holders. It will save commercial pilots from troubles with clients and contracts, and it will save DJI from criticism. The win-win situation.

Instead of this crap, you can spend yours programmer's time for better things, like polishing the app and make it reliable (yopp, when the app just closing during the flight, it create way more dangerous situation), implementation of the electronic NOTAM sending or authorization requests... Or, at least, adding 360-degree-panorama shooting mode. Or separate settings for photo and video.

And everybody will be happy!!!
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansf0bc6ac0 Posted at 2017-7-24 14:14
DJIThor, please help me. My gimball is crazy after upgrading. I have a P4 that had no utility without gimball. Can't calibratr it anymore.
Jose Magalhaes
jrmagalhaes@gmail.com

Sorry for the inconvenience, could you please tell me more details about the P4's gimbal?
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-7-24 05:47

Sorry, I do not understand your question very clearly. But according to what you had mentioned, the app will stay logging in if you had logged in the DJI GO/ GO 4 app once unless you sign out manually, and the drone will be unlocked once you connected to the app.
If I got your message wrong, please tell me more details. Thank you.
2017-7-25
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 03:10
Sorry, I do not understand your question very clearly. But according to what you had mentioned, the app will stay logging in if you had logged in the DJI GO/ GO 4 app once unless you sign out manually, and the drone will be unlocked once you connected to the app.
If I got your message wrong, please tell me more details. Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.  I don't know why the question is difficult to understand. I'll try it a different way;

Why can't DJI fully unlock ANY UAV being operated by a part 107 pilot in the U.S.?

Assuming the user can prove they are part 107 certified of course.
I understand that this will not help users in other countries. Those countries will have to come up with their own plan. In the US, we have a system in place. It is FAR from perfect, but we have one. A FAA certified remote PIC has a lot of responsibility. The FAA has put a lot of pressure on us to do a great many things before during and after every flight. It would be nice if DJI could help us out and remove one of the barriers standing in the way of our business.

We already have a governing authority in the US, we don't need an additional one.
We aren't going to fly anywhere that we shouldn't. We're going to have the proper approval and authorization -why then do we need to have our equipment unlocked EVERY time we're going to be in one of these areas?
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-7-25 05:10
Thank you for the reply.  I don't know why the question is difficult to understand. I'll try it a different way;

Why can't DJI fully unlock ANY UAV being operated by a part 107 pilot in the U.S.?

Alright. I believe that as a DJI producer, we won't want many limitations to fly our drone. But now the NFZ that DJI had listed out is according to the concern of flysafe, any map provided by DJI is for advisory purposes only. The way to unlock the drone in NFZ is to contact to our flysafe team for applying at this moment. I understand what you mentioned about, and I'll transfer your advice to our engineers to see if there is a better way for not only in your country but all DJI users to fly the drone with less limitation. Thanks for the feedback.
2017-7-25
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 19:39
Alright. I believe that as a DJI producer, we won't want many limitations to fly our drone. But now the NFZ that DJI had listed out is according to the concern of flysafe, any map provided by DJI is for advisory purposes only. The way to unlock the drone in NFZ is to contact to our flysafe team for applying at this moment. I understand what you mentioned about, and I'll transfer your advice to our engineers to see if there is a better way for not only in your country but all DJI users to fly the drone with less limitation. Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you! I appreciate your reply.  I think it's important to remember (again, I'm only speaking about the U.S.) that the NFZ (even those in the FAA B4Ufly app) was set up for hobbyist NOT for commercial users.  The fact that certified pilots have to succumb to the same (or more) restrictions than hobbyists is crazy.

Part 107 pilots has the odds stacked against them. Having to submit all this information to DJI to unlock an area for a job ON TOP of all the other stuff required by the FAA is a bit overwhelming and unnecessary.  IMO
2017-7-26
Use props
Snake Plithkin
Banned

United States

2017-7-26
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Snake Plithkin Posted at 2017-7-26 07:32
DJI has no intention of providing any appropriate communication. They do not recognize a problem, and one cannot address a problem if they don't acknowledge that one exists to begin with. Their "customer service" phone number routes you to the Phillipines. DJI doesn't care because they think that with them being the only game in town, they can do whatever they want, institute more bugs and more restrictions, and ignore the customer.

Yo Snake,
you really are hateful, amazing.
Banned as "pat_L" and back right away!

As I understand frustration your constant ranting does no good. You jump from one thread to another only to curse and humiliate DJI employees. That is unprodcutive and disturbes others who discuss issues in a civilized manner.
2017-7-26
Use props
Krakozawr
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 19:39

Commercial pilots are depended on clients, and the time is critical.  So, applying via DJI to unlocking some specific zones is inappropriate, it's time-consuming thing and it is not always possible. Especially regarding the much-reported inaccuracy of the NFZs. Same time, commercially licensed pilots are passed the government exams, we are educated persons, we are counted and watched, and we are risking with our license and business - and we can manage our flights without additional restrictions (and same time nothing will prevent anybody who have some NFZs unlocked from any kind of violation). Our status limiting us enough. Please, keep regulation for uneducated hobbyists but untie commercials!
2017-7-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Krakozawr Posted at 2017-7-26 09:47
Commercial pilots are depended on clients, and the time is critical.  So, applying via DJI to unlocking some specific zones is inappropriate, it's time-consuming thing and it is not always possible. Especially regarding the much-reported inaccuracy of the NFZs. Same time, commercially licensed pilots are passed the government exams, we are educated persons, we are counted and watched, and we are risking with our license and business - and we can manage our flights without additional restrictions (and same time nothing will prevent anybody who have some NFZs unlocked from any kind of violation). Our status limiting us enough. Please, keep regulation for uneducated hobbyists but untie commercials!

"Please, keep regulation for uneducated hobbyists but untie commercials!"

That's a bit odd an assumption to make, it's often the enthusiasts that help develop and move things forward.

None of the 'Professionals' should feel disadvantaged if you all have to work to the same processes. In fact I'm sure your clients would be more than impressed with all the safety procedures you have to complete at each job. If you 'untied' the professionals then how long would it be before somebody cut corners to get the Dollar, and then the next...
2017-7-26
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yeah – pretty arrogant statement from commercial hero Krakozawr.

I'm wondering how many stripes he earned so far as pilot. Maybe he can show us some pics.

I picture him flying his drones top gun style while all of us uneducated hobbyists are sitting there mouth wide open.

2017-7-26
Use props
Krakozawr
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-26 10:42
"Please, keep regulation for uneducated hobbyists but untie commercials!"

That's a bit odd an assumption to make, it's often the enthusiasts that help develop and move things forward.

It is not as odd if you will keep in mind that drones come to the mass market, in a row with water guns or ping-pong balls.

I believe that advanced and passionate enthusiasts rather would like to obtain the commercial license (which is definitely not too expensive BTW), but most people who purchase drones in WalMart or BestBuy have no intention to self-education or safety rules following. Unfortunately, they buy toys and playing with toys, without any responsibility. I believe that restriction which will help to keep these people from destructive actions will help the industry at this point rather than break it.
2017-7-27
Use props
dave.dunbar
New

Hong Kong

Thank you for the suggestion. The DJI FlySafe Team will review your proposal. The team would update if a reasonable way is found to handle well both the safety, legality and user experience.
2017-8-1
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
France

This is not true. And You know it. The customer are tired by this brainwashed words
2017-8-1
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
France

Dji plays "drohne police" without of the request of everyone.  Better is to spend the time and money to make the firmware failsafe so no accidents with the drone are happen on first place. Pilot errors, unfortunately,  will always happen, like on real airplanes. But no real airplane will start from ground with this kind of awful firmware in the engines.
There are other, good drohne-factory, even in China. They do not play police.
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules