Mavic Pro or Phantom 4?
1639 8 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rafe Hracek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9121 ft

United States

I'm trying to decide whether the Mavic Pro is the way to go and I want you people's opinions on which one to get AND WHY one over the other, if you could also answer my questions.

1.) Is the OcuSync really that much better than lightbridge?
2.) Phantom 4 > Mavic Pro because of bad 1080p/60fps on Mavic Pro
3.) Any recommended accessories outside of the fly more combo with the Mavic Pro?
4.) Any other things that I might be missing that could help or change my desicion on whether or not the get the Mavic Pro?

As of now i'm planning to get the Mavic Fly More Combo, mainly because if something breaks, DJI can fix it most lkely for cheaper than the phantom. The Mavic weighs less so any impact with the ground below 20 ft is pretty much not going to damage anything at all. Anything else I should know?
Single SelectVote, Total 20 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

90.00% (18)
10.00% (2)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-7-23
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You forgot to ask the most important question, is it for work OR for fun? For work P4 for fun and some work MP!
2017-7-23
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I owned both(lost my P4 due to a river) P4 takes better video and photos.  That is all I can add.
2017-7-23
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Two different birds. Like Dronist says, the Mavic for fun.
2017-7-23
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Of course portability needs to be factored into the equation
2017-7-23
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft
United States

1.) OcuSync vs lightbridge would be a good discussion. #1 mavic has a smaller controller with a 4.3 mile range. Phantom 4 has a large controller with 3.1mile. Phantom 4 advanced and pro have 4.3 mile range.http://dji.droneinner.com/dji-technology-video-transmission
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ocusync-vs-lightbridge.20132/

2.) You heard mavic has bad 1080p/60fps footage?

3.) Accessories, ND filters either polarpro or google for cheaper. Sunshield if you plan to fly on a bright day.

4.) Other things that might change your mind. https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... 1m1bH9IM/edit#gid=0

2017-7-23
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476768 ft
United States

both have plus sides to them...end of the day the mavic is quick to get out of the bag and in the air *period* if youre shooting and $ depends on video or photo quality id say the phantom is the bird
2017-7-23
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476768 ft
United States

if you head for the mavic all you *need* is landing gear extensions and batteries...all else is jewelry
2017-7-23
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

If absolute video quality, the P4 Pro would be better. For portability, the Mavic. It's the same argument as to whether to bring a DSLR or a 1" sensor point and shoot; personally I now find I use my p&s more as it fits in my pocket so I can carry it around more unobtrusively.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules