1072 7 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CodeSlinger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8924 ft
Canada

Hello
It seems I cannot get PalmLand working outdoors no matter how hard I try, although I CAN get it working indoors. PalmLaunch works fine.
I'm following the guidelines of the tutorial. I'm standing within 1.5m, right directly in front of it, but it won't land. It'll move away if I move my palm up, so it's detecting it as an obstacle to avoid.

Anyone have further tips on getting it to work better?

Thanks a lot !
2017-7-23
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

Are you flying with your phone bound or just in pure gesture mode?

If your connected to your phone make sure you're in Gesture mode before you try to do a Palm Land.
2017-7-23
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I found after controlling with my hand, I had to drop my hand rather quickly before putting my palm out for a landing.  Otherwise it wanted to follow my hand.  Hope this helps.
2017-7-23
Use props
drone-o-rama
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118 ft
United States

If it's moving up when you put your hand underneath it, then it sounds like either it's no longer in gesture mode or it's not detecting you/your face directly in front of the camera.
2017-7-23
Use props
Snowboada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99186 ft
Austria

forget palm landing -
I always bring it hovering in front of me, grab it from below on the body and twist it so props are heading downwards - spark stopps props and landing is finished.

Just power it down and you are ready to put it into case.

I even do that this way during hiking.
2017-7-23
Use props
fans1e71c6dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Ireland

Try too not move your hand up towards it.just leave it underneath hand out flat.it should just come down towards your hand.works for me!
2017-7-23
Use props
CodeSlinger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8924 ft
Canada

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-7-23 08:39
Are you flying with your phone bound or just in pure gesture mode?

If your connected to your phone make sure you're in Gesture mode before you try to do a Palm Land.

Thanks, ix3lplix
That was the issue... I didn't realize I had to explicitly put it into gesture mode.
2017-7-23
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

Mine had been working flawlessly, but twice today it refused to palm land. It also lost guesture control. It doesn't seem to like bright light!
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules