Android Tablet
1349 13 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crasher
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone used a :
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" 16GB Android 5.0 Lollipop Tablet to fly a Phantom 3P and if so how did it perform especially in control and in the sunlight.  If not well, what Android would you recommend?
Any feed back will be greatly appreciated.
thxs
Crasher  (Name subject to change with experience !!

2017-7-23
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I use a galaxy tab A 7.0 it does the go4 app well, not so good with litchi.
2017-7-23
Use props
Crasher
lvl.1
United States

I appreciate the reply.  The tab A 8 is on sale now so I might just get one
thxs
Crasher
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry, we have not yet tested the device you mentioned above, but that does not mean it will not compatible with DJI GO/DJI GO 4. Sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine.
I guess that can be a choice for your reference: 移动设备列表.jpg
2017-7-24
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-24 01:18
Sorry, we have not yet tested the device you mentioned above, but that does not mean it will not compatible with DJI GO/DJI GO 4. Sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine.
I guess that can be a choice for your reference:[view_image]

i have a galaxy S7(on compatable list) and it always crashes while flying. the cheap $120 galaxy tab A 7.0(not on compatable list) has not crashed on me since i bought it a couple weeks ago. one more thing the website still says android version 4.1.2 when it is really ver 4.1.3
2017-7-24
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Crasher Posted at 2017-7-23 14:45
I appreciate the reply.  The tab A 8 is on sale now so I might just get one
thxs
Crasher

yes i saw this tablet. i like that there is a lot of custom roms for it on XDA, and can be modified if having a problems with a certain version of android.
2017-7-24
Use props
Crasher
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the input.  What I am actually had in mind was one of the newer Android Tablets would have better daylight viewing than older ones.  I wear pretty strong corrective glasses and need all the viewing help I can get.

iPads minis are not a budget item at this time.

thxs
Crasher
2017-7-24
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently began to use the Tab A 9.7 16GB -  works great so far! btw.. mine also came with 5.0 but auto updated to 6.0.1 on setup.
2017-7-24
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently began to use the Tab A 9.7 16GB -  works great so far! btw.. mine also came with 5.0 but auto updated to 6.0.1 on setup.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dcap Posted at 2017-7-24 03:24
i have a galaxy S7(on compatable list) and it always crashes while flying. the cheap $120 galaxy tab A 7.0(not on compatable list) has not crashed on me since i bought it a couple weeks ago. one more thing the website still says android version 4.1.2 when it is really ver 4.1.3

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience. If the Galaxy S7 keeps crashing during flight, would you please provide me with some info and I'll transfer it to our engineers to analyze the details? Info includes app's version, crash log(/sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH), drone's model and firmware version, and when did it crash?
We appreciate any info provided.
2017-7-24
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Where can I find this test list, please?
2017-7-27
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Sorry I could not seem to find a way to edit my previous post.
So I will clarify my request.
Where can I find the "tested" device list for the Phantom 4 Pro, please?
Thank you
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-7-27 12:49
Where can I find this test list, please?

You can find the list on the "APP / LIVE VIEW" of our product instruction web like here:http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
2017-7-28
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-7-27 13:26
Sorry I could not seem to find a way to edit my previous post.
So I will clarify my request.
Where can I find the "tested" device list for the Phantom 4 Pro, please?

Also on post #4 above.
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules