Mavic and Crystal Sky
1210 6 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FauxFilm
lvl.2
United States

Someone may have already answered this, but haven't seen it...

Has anyone yet used the Mavic with the Crystal Sky?  Im wondering if it (the smallest one) fits in the Mavic control's phone holder ok?... or is some kind of rigging needed?

Thanks!
Todd

2017-7-23
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will NOT without either "carving out" the arms or using an adapter.
2017-7-23
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.2
United States

Hmmm does DJI offer any adapter for it (can't seem to find one)?  I intend to use it with both my Mavic and Osmo Pro... they offer an adapter for the Osmo, but can't find anything for the Mavic.

There are a couple of third-party vendors that make Mavic/Crystal Sky adapters, but they all look like big clunkly overly complex things.  I would think just some little extenders that make the sides "thinner" would do the trick and be simple.  It doesn't even have to be that thin... I use my Galaxy phone with both my Osmo and Mavic... I used to always strip it out of its OtterBox case to mount it in the phone holder, but finally realized I don't even have to do that... and the OtterBox case is pretty thick.

2017-7-23
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have emailed DJI regarding this and this is the reply I got!

Jeyrum (DJI)

Jul 10, 20:14 CST

Dear Paul,

We do appreciate your interest in our product and we do understand your concern.

We are already working on the mounting bracket of the Crystal Sky to the Mavic Controller. You can check our website from time to time for its availability.

Thank you for contacting DJI Pre-sales support, if you have any more questions, feel free to come back and contact us again. Your generous support has always been our motive to improve. Wish you have a nice day.

Renz,
DJI Online Sales
2017-7-23
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have emailed DJI regarding this and this is the reply I got!

Jeyrum (DJI)

Jul 10, 20:14 CST

Dear Paul,

We do appreciate your interest in our product and we do understand your concern.

We are already working on the mounting bracket of the Crystal Sky to the Mavic Controller. You can check our website from time to time for its availability.

Thank you for contacting DJI Pre-sales support, if you have any more questions, feel free to come back and contact us again. Your generous support has always been our motive to improve. Wish you have a nice day.

Renz,
DJI Online Sales
2017-7-23
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

pictures here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid845443
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Todd, Mavic Remote Controller Mounting Bracket is required to use CrystalSky. Our engineers are working on it and we will release on our store as soon as it is ready. Thank you for your attention and patience.
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules