762 10 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Good Monday guys,

Please see the following circumtances in which te batter will cut-off power supply. One of these could be the reason that shut Spark off during flight and make it fall:

Also, they said the charger will stop if the battery temperature is out of operating range...However, did not say what happen if the battery is overheat during flight.

cut off 1.png
cut off 2.png
2017-7-23
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

nice catch... lets see what they say...
2017-7-23
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

That refers to the charger.
2017-7-23
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-7-23 18:07
That refers to the charger.

I am aware of that, please read my thread before comment:
"Also, they said the charger will stop.... However, did not say what happen if the battery is overheat during flight"And if you talking about point 8,9. It is the battery function, not the charger. See attachment below:

Thanks
cut off 3.png
2017-7-23
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

the manual also states sparks operating temp

32-104F or 0-40c

what happens if higher than its operating temp
2017-7-23
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed that my spark does get pretty hot.  Certainly compared with my other drones. That little guy is working!
2017-7-23
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Well we know it's not going into hibernation mode or short circuit protection. It's more likely to be 7 but in reality it's probably none of these.
2017-7-23
Use props
Zirconn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242920 ft
Romania

The fact that the damn battery can be firmware updated means that, unlike some dumb hardware, it has some kind of CPU with code running on it. That also means bugs, maybe crashes. If they have a solid communication channel between the battery and drone, they can add more battery status logging on the drone and *hope* to catch the issue. If not, we are going to see a general recall after enough of these drones die in mid-flight.

2017-7-24
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The Dji models will not cut off power when the battery-temp. gets too hot.
A red Warning apperas and the power will be throttled.
2017-7-24
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-24 01:27
The Dji models will not cut off power when the battery-temp. gets too hot.
A red Warning apperas and the power will be throttled.

Can you link or quote your source?  We know about the warning that comes up - but we're talking about when throttling will not cool the battery down sufficiently.  This has been discussed for years and it's my understanding DJI prefers a drone dropping from the sky when it's not a ball of exploding fire, rather than when it is.  Which is why power is cut when there is a short.

2017-7-24
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

method007 Posted at 2017-7-24 05:30
Can you link or quote your source?  We know about the warning that comes up - but we're talking about when throttling will not cool the battery down sufficiently.  This has been discussed for years and it's my understanding DJI prefers a drone dropping from the sky when it's not a ball of exploding fire, rather than when it is.  Which is why power is cut when there is a short.

Sorry, I don't have the link. But I read about it in context with the "propulsion output limited" error. There was mentioned that this seems not only to appear when the battery is too cold also when it is too hot.

What happens when the throttling will not enough cool down the battery is good question...

I haven't seen an oveheating error in the logs of the dropping sparks.. so this can't be the reason?
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules