Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Newbie Compass Calibration Questions
853 3 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Videoman10
lvl.3
New Zealand

Just wanting to check with everyone on something regarding compass calibration on the Mavic. So my 2 questions are:

1. If on start-up, the Mavic does not say anything about requiring a calibration, does that mean I do not have to do one?
2. If I have flown half way around the world, take out my Mavic and start it up, will it then tell me I need a calibration?

I'm also interested to hear from others who have taken their Mavic's half way around the world and not done a calibration ... and their Mavic's have still flown perfectly.

Thanks in advance.
2017-7-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I don't know the answer to your question.  However, I've had my Mavic since November of last year and I have never done ANY calibration on it.  It doesn't ask me to, and it flies very nicely.  
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, compass calibration is required when DJI GO 4 APP or the status indicator prompt you to do so. If there is no reminder, no worries to fly. While you are recommended to calibrate compass if changed to a new place as a good pilot.

Generally, there will be calibration reminder if strong magnetic interference detected no matter wherever you are.
2017-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Check out this, it might help

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced