Jello error on my mavic after 5 fly
1747 24 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 367175 ft

hi guys,
sorry for my bad english, but yesterday during 1 fly on dolomiti on Italy my mavic pro started the problem that for me is reconducible to Jello problem.
Yesterday I install a new micro sd drive before firt fly (sandisk extreme pro 64gb V30) and the video saved is as on link...

yesterday I flyed the first time without gimbal cover and the temperature was of 21-23 C°... the wind was 20-25 kmh and if I can send you other spec for find the problem, please ask me

very thanks on advance
Pier
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience first. For the jello video, please make sure the firmware has been updated to the latest version, then try IMU calibration and gimbal calibration.

Also, please try to record when the aircraft is in hover status to verify whether it remains.
2017-7-24
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Czechia

hi Susan...
thank you for your support...
I have latest firmware on my drone...
so... yesterday after return to home I formatted the new sd card and I tryed to start my Mavic in house. I recorded the full video and the problem there isn't.

Today I run the gimbal calibration from DJI App and all is ok now... I tryed to fly for a 10 minutes for check the old errors eventually, but now I thinks that's ok. (but today on Venice there are 32 C°) :-)

this week end I take my Mavic for a video on Mountains at 2500 m for check the problem status.
I think that is a low temperature that generated my jello problem..

for now thank you for your rapide response...
have a nice day
I will update next week if is a problem of formatting and calibration that I solved it...
2017-7-24
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Pierpaolo87 Posted at 2017-7-24 04:15
hi Susan...
thank you for your support...
I have latest firmware on my drone...

Looked a lot like you didn't update your focus to a far point.  check your camera settings and once you get airborne focus on a far point.  Where I usually take off at home, the drone focuses on a near object.  Then after I take off I select a point far away and focus on it.  Soft picture then jumps into sharp focus.  On a phone screen you might not notice.
2017-7-24
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

For next time, always download the file from SD card  to the computer and view it directly and see if you still have the issue before you do any unnecessary  IMU or any calibration and you might actually make it worse.

2017-7-24
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Italy

hello to all,
yes the video on mi micro sd is the same... but is possible that I discover the problem...

I noted that before my first fly yesterday, I recived a WARNING message for no motor started because On power I have cut a little part of the grass garden...

On the propeller there was a little trace of grass that unbalance the system propeller... I have clean all and today the problem there isn't...

Is it possible that the unbalanced propeller generated the high frequency that the gimbal not compensate?

Very thanks
2017-7-25
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Italy

dronist Posted at 2017-7-24 20:13
For next time, always download the file from SD card  to the computer and view it directly and see if you still have the issue before you do any unnecessary  IMU or any calibration and you might actually make it worse.

hello to all,
yes the video on mi micro sd is the same... but is possible that I discover the problem...

I noted that before my first fly yesterday, I recived a WARNING message for no motor started because On power I have cut a little part of the grass garden...

On the propeller there was a little trace of grass that unbalance the system propeller... I have clean all and today the problem there isn't...

Is it possible that the unbalanced propeller generated the high frequency that the gimbal not compensate?

Very thanks
2017-7-25
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pierpaolo87 Posted at 2017-7-25 11:49
hello to all,

Good job man will add this scenario to the list... Grazie

2017-7-25
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Italy

Ho to all guys....
Now I have the update for my problem.
Yesterday I flyed on Mountain at 2500 m and with a temperature of 19 degree... At 200 m of altitude and with new propellers without cover and with a little Wind, the camera have the problem too...

I had landing the Mavic and I mounted che gimbal cover, retest the same altitude with the same condition and the defect there isn't...

The evening I recharge the battery and I try to fly with the same condition but a 1500m and without cover and the video is perfect... I have only adjust from 10 to 9 the parameter of gimbal start stop buffer...

Is it possible that This parameter is related with my problem?

I try all but this problem is saltuary and not in all condition...

Thanks to all...
2017-7-31
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Italy

The gimbal and have a single firmware or the firmware is the same of mavic? Because eventually I Can try to update only the firmware of the camera....
2017-7-31
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Italy

2017-7-31
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Italy

I send Now my mavic on assistance... I hope that will be a fast repair..
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Pierpaolo87 Posted at 2017-8-2 23:32
I send Now my mavic on assistance... I hope that will be a fast repair..

We'll take care of the drone after it arrived, hope everything goes smoothly, should you have any further questions about this case, please provide us your case number, we'd like to check it for you.
2017-8-3
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-3 01:27
We'll take care of the drone after it arrived, hope everything goes smoothly, should you have any further questions about this case, please provide us your case number, we'd like to check it for you.

hi Diana..
very thanks for your interest.. my case number is CAS-852976-W8Y1S9 and if you can do anything for my case very thanks on advance..
I update you asap when I have an update from DJI NL.

2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Pierpaolo87 Posted at 2017-8-3 02:52
hi Diana..
very thanks for your interest.. my case number is CAS-852976-W8Y1S9 and if you can do anything for my case very thanks on advance..
I update you asap when I have an update from DJI NL.

Ok, I'll keep an eye on it, hope it can be sorted out shortly!
2017-8-3
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-3 03:15

Ok very thanks...
2017-8-3
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-3 03:15

hi Diana,
I want ask you if you can check the status of repair for my case.
My mavic is been received today in DJI NL, and if you can give a little support I thank you
very thanks on advance
Pierpaolo
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Pierpaolo87 Posted at 2017-8-7 10:01
hi Diana,
I want ask you if you can check the status of repair for my case.
My mavic is been received today in DJI NL, and if you can give a little support I thank you

We've updated it in our system, it is under process now. Please wait patiently. Besides, you can refer to the link below to track the status of this case.https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2017-8-7
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-7 22:42
We've updated it in our system, it is under process now. Please wait patiently. Besides, you can refer to the link below to track the status of this case.https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace

Ok many thanks Diana ... my fear is that they send me a refurbished drone. I hope you can tell them of not to ship a refurbished drone because I bought a new model about 1 month ago.
Very thanks for your response
I update you asap
Rgds
Pierpaolo
2017-8-7
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-7 22:42

Hi Diana,
I recive the information shipping for my mavic pro but now I see that the serial number that is shipped is different from my originale drone... On decoder dji I  see that the aircraft was mabufactured in january while my was of July. I had news that the gimbal control was replaced and not the complete drone and for me was ok. I do not want a drone older than I paid for it new again. I also asked you to specify this to support. How can I do it now to send it back?
2017-8-15
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

Ive had this same issue with my drone since day one, and I've concluded over the months of watching this issue, that if your drone is prone to it, the colder the weather, the worse it is. flights in warmer weather show no signs of the issue, but launch on a cold morning, and youll get the issue. I believe it to be caused by a combination of the cold, slightly unbalanced blades (as they all generally are) and the effect the unbalancing has on the drone chassis when its cold.
2017-8-15
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Italy

Ok thanks for your feedback...  I waiting Diana that follow my case..
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Pierpaolo87 Posted at 2017-8-15 23:04
Hi Diana,
I recive the information shipping for my mavic pro but now I see that the serial number that is shipped is different from my originale drone... On decoder dji I  see that the aircraft was mabufactured in january while my was of July. I had news that the gimbal control was replaced and not the complete drone and for me was ok. I do not want a drone older than I paid for it new again. I also asked you to specify this to support. How can I do it now to send it back?

I've checked your case again, the drone has been replaced under warranty. For the replacement, we can't guarantee that it is a brand new one, but it will be in good working order, for details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/policy.Could you please check the performance of the replacement first?
翻新机.png
2017-8-16
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Italy

Ok I will test all...
But I payed 1500 euro For a mavic new and I used 3 week... Now dji have Sent me a response that the problem is in gimbal control board with a price of 16 euro... Why for 16 euro I have to be content of a drone more more older??
My drone was perfect on all and now I Can have an item that could be used for 1000 hour... Is possible to resend my drone repaired o a new part? Very thanks for your support again
2017-8-16
Use props
Pierpaolo87
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-16 01:47
I've checked your case again, the drone has been replaced under warranty. For the replacement, we can't guarantee that it is a brand new one, but it will be in good working order, for details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/policy.Could you please check the performance of the replacement first?
[view_image]

Ok I will test all...
But I payed 1500 euro For a mavic new and I used 3 week... Now dji have Sent me a response that the problem is in gimbal control board with a price of 16 euro... Why for 16 euro I have to be content of a drone more more older??
My drone was perfect on all and now I Can have an item that could be used for 1000 hour... Is possible to resend my drone repaired o a new part? Very thanks for your support again
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules