Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't get Spark to go into face recognitionmode for palm launch
6916 12 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6f4d9ee8
New

United States

I have read a lot and seen a mess of videos so I understand how to fly the spark with  gestures. My problem is I can't get it to go into face recognition and then palm launch.

To start up the Spark,  I tap the battery button once and then again and hold until I hear the fans. Then I let it go through the warm up stage. Then I tap the battery button twice and the front LEDS will flash red twice instead of turning green. The Spark won't start and the back LEDS just flash yellow as in signal loss. I tried diff batteries. No wind and in Different sunlight and even indoors. All help is appreciated. I have the Fly more Combo. Thx.
2017-7-24
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Have you turned off Beginner mode? It won't let you do gesture in beginner mode.
2017-7-24
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Netherlands

Or like Phuong Do says if you are in beginer mode turn it off first.
2017-7-24
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Netherlands

Refresh firmware through DJI Assistant 2 and try again. I had problem with gestures and that helped.
2017-7-24
Use props
drone-o-rama
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118 ft
United States

This isn't about Beginner Mode - Beginner Mode does not prevent you from using Gesture Mode.  What DOES block you though, is the "Gesture Mode" setting in DJI Go 4 - you must enable it before you can use Gesture Mode.  The front LEDs flashing red twice indicates you have not yet enabled Gesure Mode in the app.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans6f4d9ee8
New

United States

Thanks guys. I did enable gesture mode through the app and then turned off the phone and remote (even turned off obstacle avoidance) but it didn't work.

But it is on Beginner mode so I will try that!!!  Hope that is the issue!  Thx again!!
2017-7-24
Use props
Virgil Quick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

I had the same problem and finally figured out that when I was doing the double tap that I was being too deliberate and too slow.  I was doing more like two push motions.  It takes two quick light taps.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans6f4d9ee8
New

United States

Bummer, turned off beginners mode, it didn't work. Tried the tap 2x quickly and all sorts of variations, and firmware is the latest. Still will not go into face recognition mode. Help! It the Fly more combo and when trying to fly with just my iPhone in don't see it in the wi fi option. It only works with the remote. But I want to fly it without the remote. Thanks all, keep the suggestions coming!
2017-7-24
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

did you enable advance gesture in the setup?? i've accidentally disabled mine when setting up...
2017-7-24
Use props
fans6f4d9ee8
New

United States

Yes but it seems like everytime after is set it when I go back into settings it's off and I have to turn it on again.
2017-7-24
Use props
OldSparky
lvl.1

Netherlands

Today I received my Spark. Encountered the same problem.
Solution: Turn Beginners Mode off and turn Gesture mode on in the GO 4 app.
2019-7-6
Use props
djiuser_uCDliMZzD5Sc
New
United Kingdom

fans6f4d9ee8 Posted at 2017-7-24 18:13
Bummer, turned off beginners mode, it didn't work. Tried the tap 2x quickly and all sorts of variations, and firmware is the latest. Still will not go into face recognition mode. Help! It the Fly more combo and when trying to fly with just my iPhone in don't see it in the wi fi option. It only works with the remote. But I want to fly it without the remote. Thanks all, keep the suggestions coming!

Hi have you managed to sort out the gesture mode on the Spark? As I have had the same problem and just sorted it
2020-8-2
Use props
flygirl72
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_uCDliMZzD5Sc Posted at 2020-8-2 08:16
Hi have you managed to sort out the gesture mode on the Spark? As I have had the same problem and just sorted it

How did you get gesture mode to work? I'm having the same problem.
2021-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules