Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poll!!! Updates that are most important for the spark
1234Next >
14067 121 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Update!!! Pick 5 options.

Which 4 are most important to you?

Feel free to Give me more ideas to add to this poll.

#6 - The spark will fly with the camera facing forward and then the camera  will pitch downwards smoothly, as soon as the camera is close to full  minimum pitch the drone will rotate 180 degrees(while still flying in  the same direction). after its rotated and flying backwards the camera  will pitch back up to point towards where the drone started its "quick  shot" while still flying backwards. this will be done all in one  motion(nice and smooth). This quick shot will be called Pendulum.

#7 - give the Spark the middle finger and have it immediately crash land where ever it is

#13 - fly to safety -  it should "intelligently" scan the ground and  surroundings and if it cant fly home or another issue it should fly to a  safe landing location...with audible and visual warning.

#14 - return to link - a mode where if it lost connection it should trail back until reconnects using obstacle avoidance

#15 - Ground Pano - the spark will automatically take a huge pano of the ground by pointing the camera straight down and the spark moving forward/backward and side to side to capture a huge ground shot. maybe take 9 photos all together.(this would help those people who cant go very high to capture the whole photo due to local regulations)

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 5 entry optional ), Total 541 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-7-24
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

why can only choose one? I think better if you make that people can choose multiple choices.
2017-7-24
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

How to select "all" ?
2017-7-24
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-24 06:24
why can only choose one? I think better if you make that people can choose multiple choices.

Good idea, i just did that
2017-7-24
Use props
Sparky Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 442011 ft
United States

Where's the option "Make the advertised features work first before trying to add anything new"
2017-7-24
Use props
Onomarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4728 ft
United States

For it to work?
2017-7-24
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

After my recent fly away while in gesture mode, there needs to be some better failsafe to prevent that. No RC/Phone connection= no way to kill it when things run amok.
2017-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think for photography/ video they seem have already got it , gimbal speed, D.Log and some different styles would be great.

I don't think we will see raw, but 2.7k maybe.

I think gesture mode is just to gimmicky so not worried, most of what it does I can do with Osmo on a selfie stick. I think follow me video unless you have control of gimbal or are just going for a walk with your deaf Granny will just be all over the place, gesture mode moves way to slow to keep target centred so active track which moves much faster in more than one direction with remote control is so superior it's worth having RC for this alone.
2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

OneMatt Posted at 2017-7-24 07:10
After my recent fly away while in gesture mode, there needs to be some better failsafe to prevent that. No RC/Phone connection= no way to kill it when things run amok.

amen to this...

it needs a lot of fixing, it runs away  from me even with RC.  my runaways are fairly minor, but everytime it runs away it goes full suicide pact trying to off itself.   it like knows where the closest thing is that quickly kill it, and goes for it.
2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

another set of failsafe features should be added as well..

"fly to safety"   it should "intelligently" scan the ground and surroundings and if it cant fly home or another issue it should fly to a safe landing location.. and beeping and blink..

"return to link"   a mode where if it lost connection it should trail back until reconnects using obstacle avoidance

"limp mode"  a mode that in event battery is weak, or getting too warm, or range is iffy on signal, or issue with the aircraft it can be used in limp mode and return home or be used..

"force pause"  a mode that is set in background settings, the instant communication is cut or app crashes or watever happens, the drone forced to stop right where it is.

"extended range mode" a mode that is used to tends battery range, may limit speed a little bit down to 15mph, disables obstacle avoidance, disables other features as well, but keeps needed stuff..

"eco mode"  a mode similar to extended range mode but more aggressive at power savings.

2017-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-7-24 10:32
another set of failsafe features should be added as well..

"fly to safety"   it should "intelligently" scan the ground and surroundings and if it cant fly home or another issue it should fly to a safe landing location.. and beeping and blink..

This is a new ground scanner software we have been using, cost €6000 for search and rescue.

2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-24 11:24
This is a new ground scanner software we have been using, cost €6000 for search and rescue.

https://vimeo.com/190620784

that's just too sexy..   

i just mean being able to land on something other than a tree or water.    last massive crash occurred because it was landing itself from low battery (out of my control as well) and it decided that the tree was ok... and plummeted 80+ feet into the dirt.. luckily it's ok...  you think with camera down there and sensors that it could move over a bit.  
2017-7-24
Use props
Scotty S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

- Dynamic Home Point
- Gimbal tilt for Android (tilting phone to control gimbal).

2017-7-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Scotty S Posted at 2017-7-24 15:16
- Dynamic Home Point

another feature.   

- loves its life and doesn't try to off itself every chance it gets..
2017-7-24
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Scotty S Posted at 2017-7-24 15:16
- Dynamic Home Point

Gimbal tilt for Android is coming within this week. The way they said I believe today or tomorrow.
2017-7-24
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

All of them are great, but I’d say more stability and the option to video record in Gesture Mode!
2017-7-24
Use props
fansf7fa979c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ability to change the remote’s password using iOS. Not an exciting feature but this should have been possible when the remote was released.
2017-7-24
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

bcharleson Posted at 2017-7-24 19:46
All of them are great, but I’d say more stability and the option to video record in Gesture Mode!

record gesture will be on the update which is the reason i do not have it up there! i think it will be your right arm straight at a 45 degree angle or something? more stability is something i assume they will be fixing in a firmware update anyway!
2017-7-25
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-24 18:39
Gimbal tilt for Android is coming within this week. The way they said I believe today or tomorrow.

i thought you could use your controller as the home point? isn't that already an option?
2017-7-25
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Another option: "Fix to assure that Spark will not fall for no reason". After all, if your Spark just fall for no reason, and to a river or the ocean. Those features you listed will be meaningless...Falling issue is the critical issue now.
According to the latest reply from DJI Thor few minutes ago, their engineers are still analyzing the data, which meant they still not yet figured out the reason...
2017-7-25
Use props
Raz Taz
lvl.4

Italy

Please add poll choices: 25fps for PAL users and for BluRay, 24fps for cinematic.
2017-7-25
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Add GPS waypoints on the DJI Go map, and the spark flies itself to those waypoints.
2017-7-25
Use props
Raz Taz
lvl.4

Italy

Thanks Thor
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

I was hoping number 7 could be achieved. learning how to do this manually will be a nightmare...oh well it will improve my piloting capabilities greatly when i do
2017-7-27
Use props
TrulyMad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14770 ft
United Kingdom

The most important update for me at least would be have Gesture Control take full resolution pictures and full HD videos. As it is I do not use it at all.
2017-7-27
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

#8 isn't it available already - circle mode
or you refering the drone stays still but turns 360 to capture a full circle.. (like panorama but video 360)
2017-7-31
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

I hope they can push in 1080p 60fps...
2017-8-1
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

Indi91 Posted at 2017-8-1 01:16
I hope they can push in 1080p 60fps...

me too! someone on here said "we already know the spark can handle 2.7K at 60FPS so why not have at least 1080 at 60FPS?" i dont know how this person knows this or if anyone else knows this but i would like to know where his/her source of info came from!
2017-8-1
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-1 01:29
me too! someone on here said "we already know the spark can handle 2.7K at 60FPS so why not have at least 1080 at 60FPS?" i dont know how this person knows this or if anyone else knows this but i would like to know where his/her source of info came from!

I read that too, and saw in youtube someone was comparing, saying that the spark and Mavic pro sensors are the same. Its only not able for 4k because DJI is probably using that extra space from cutting to 1080p to digitally stabilize the image. Possible limitation for 60fps is the bit rate, as the Spark have to save 2x faster for the frames captured. not sure if spark can handle that.
2017-8-1
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

Indi91 Posted at 2017-8-1 01:41
I read that too, and saw in youtube someone was comparing, saying that the spark and Mavic pro sensors are the same. Its only not able for 4k because DJI is probably using that extra space from cutting to 1080p to digitally stabilize the image. Possible limitation for 60fps is the bit rate, as the Spark have to save 2x faster for the frames captured. not sure if spark can handle that.

it would be nice if someone from dji could actually tell us if it is a possibility or not.
2017-8-1
Use props
Adomolis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219219 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I just need the god damn RAW picture support. Thats all I care about tbh.
2017-8-2
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I really want only two features! DNG photo format and D-Log video! No else.
2017-8-2
Use props
lucsvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I've picked my four, but need to fix some of the basic functions first; like the new Video Start and Stop in Gesture Mode
2017-8-2
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Happy to see my #7 made the cut!
2017-8-2
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-8-2 06:54
Happy to see my #7 made the cut!

hahaha i had to put it up there.
2017-8-2
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-2 07:05
hahaha i had to put it up there.

I voted for it!

probably the first feature DJI will actually implement too watch...
2017-8-2
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-8-2 07:32
I voted for it!

probably the first feature DJI will actually implement too watch...

i wouldn't be surprised!
2017-8-2
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
United States

Good Thread
2017-8-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hope they really start adding features we want.  

some more features to add i want:

-offline maps on iOS, not just cached maps

- official OTG mode and support (already works why not capitalize on it more)

- Multi Channel use while in OTG with RC, allows the system to capitalize on multiple channels on same band if they are free.

- Default to 2.4Ghz out of the box and on start up.

- Allow  users to pick range over video quality (10 Mhz on 2.4Ghz)

- dual band wifi mode, 5.8Ghz and 2.5Ghz and can be used with RC in OTG mode, to extend the range of both video and controls by allowing video and controls to run on separate bands and signals and narrow each band used (hardware is compatible, just not firmware/software feature)

- camera video color filters (simple at least)

- better auto mode for better metering, color, brightness, exposure, focus

- more manual controls / Presets

- offer extended batteries, 20 minutes isn't a huge jump in size and weight, i'm guessing would be 1 extra cell in the pack with a slightly larger battery bump.

- allow faster OA/collision avoidance modes, if you want to test it yourselves, fly in full sport mode (30mph) and fly low enough and pull back on throttle stick full, it can slam its brakes on very fast standing on end.

- if the spark wants to use Atti mode because of some error, alert the user with a slider and discribe with nice pretty popup (like intelligent mode popups) that Atti mode is harder to control, and give option to slide to go to Atti mode or button below to land now and once starts landing to beep on both drone and the RC/App so easier to locate it incase it had to land in an overgrown field or something.. also hover before landing, that way just doubly sure its not hovering over water, give user slider to confirm landing or resposition.   this will help prevent flyaways and crashes

-add "safe points" as an alternative to RTH option, mark it on the map manually at the start of session.   this way maybe flying very difficult location where you can't trust spark to do it itself, spark got away from you and can't find you while tracking your boat or something,  etc etc..or maybe you're planning a 1 way mission (rare) lets say say its a thing maybe search and rescue or exploring something and want to not worry about the battery coming back just want to extend field time, just want to land it there at a safe spot.. then retrieve it once you reach it..

- give another option alternative to RTH, like "return to signal" basically turns around takes same path back until reconnects, if it fails to connect then initiate return to "safe point" manually mark on map at beginning of the fly session..  that way instead of returning to you or your home point which maybe too far, or too difficult for the spark it can land in another location marked.

-disable RTH in gesture mode (d'uh)
2017-8-7
Use props
Ancelo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213471 ft
Italy

RAW photos
2017-8-7
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced