Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Fly Away and Customer Service
1513 9 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
juxtapose7
New
Flight distance : 161 ft
United States

Recently, my friends bought me a spark for a birthday gift and i decided to test it out on vacation.

I was in bermuda on a empty beach and decided to take it for a test run and everything was fine until i felt uncomfortable how far it was getting.

I hit the return to home button and it started flying back and then it encountered a error compass reading on the phone and just started to fly off into the sunset itself.

I tried following and running after it but i was too late. It drifted off to the sunset. I've went back to apple to complain and they told me to take it up to DJI support themselves. I've reached out to DJI and created a case and uploaded my flight logs as told.

It's been 3 weeks. I've been told the same B$ every time i call. That the data analysis will get back to me. No word yet, my apple return policy is voided at this point. Makes me question if i should really have another spark.

Would love some feedback.
2017-7-24
Use props
Troglodyte_01
New
Flight distance : 16690 ft
United States

I just had the exact same thing happen Saturday. Compass error followed by spark flying backwards rather than returning to home as it had indicated it would.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for your unpleasant experience, could you please provide me your case number so I can look into it? Will do my best to escalate this case.
2017-7-24
Use props
juxtapose7
New
United States

PM'd you my case number and CRM.  
2017-7-25
Use props
juxtapose7
New
United States

Troglodyte_01 Posted at 2017-7-24 14:29
I just had the exact same thing happen Saturday. Compass error followed by spark flying backwards rather than returning to home as it had indicated it would.

What did you end up doing? Did you find it?   
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

juxtapose7 Posted at 2017-7-25 09:50
PM'd you my case number and CRM.

Thank you, we received your message and checked the case status, it has been analyzed.
Our support just sent you an e-mail with the analysis result, please check whether you've got it.
Sorry again to have kept you waiting, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us , appreciate your support!

2017-7-25
Use props
tarvs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240 ft
United States

Sent my spark in after a flyaway and crash.  Process was fine in sending the drone to DJI and day or two after they received it they sent me an email saying my Spark has been evaluated and they will send an invoice in 2 or 3 business days.  Then the next day I received and email saying, "We have tried to do data analysis with the information you provided regarding your case CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx , however, we can't analyze it because of various reasons."  and they wanted me to sync the flight logs.  Well, I already told them in the write-up that I sent with the drone that I was just flying with the RC and no device connected to it.  I contacted customer support and they said I need to sync flight logs.  Again I told them I was just flying with the RC.  The support guy finally understood there was no flight records because I didn't have a phone attached running the DJI Go 4 app.  Then support said the can get the information out of the RC and for me to send them the RC.   I told him I sent the RC in with the Spark!!  He apologized and told me I should received a quote in 24 to 48 hours.  My confidence in the process is very low now, I don't understand how they can send me a quote/invoice for repairs when it sounds like they haven't completed the analysis of what actually happen in the flyaway.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

tarvs Posted at 2017-7-26 06:42
Sent my spark in after a flyaway and crash.  Process was fine in sending the drone to DJI and day or two after they received it they sent me an email saying my Spark has been evaluated and they will send an invoice in 2 or 3 business days.  Then the next day I received and email saying, "We have tried to do data analysis with the information you provided regarding your case CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx , however, we can't analyze it because of various reasons."  and they wanted me to sync the flight logs.  Well, I already told them in the write-up that I sent with the drone that I was just flying with the RC and no device connected to it.  I contacted customer support and they said I need to sync flight logs.  Again I told them I was just flying with the RC.  The support guy finally understood there was no flight records because I didn't have a phone attached running the DJI Go 4 app.  Then support said the can get the information out of the RC and for me to send them the RC.   I told him I sent the RC in with the Spark!!  He apologized and told me I should received a quote in 24 to 48 hours.  My confidence in the process is very low now, I don't understand how they can send me a quote/invoice for repairs when it sounds like they haven't completed the analysis of what actually happen in the flyaway.

tarvs, this situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support.
Please leave me with your case number, I will help to look into the status and speed up the data analysis for your, thanks.
2017-7-26
Use props
tarvs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-26 19:25
tarvs, this situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support.
Please leave me with your case number, I will help to look into the status and speed up the data analysis for your, thanks.

Sent you my case # via PM
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

tarvs Posted at 2017-7-27 06:04
Sent you my case # via PM

PM received, thank you.
I've checked the case status, the quotation has been sent to you, please check.
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules