Is it possible to change the 100m max distance?
4301 11 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

Hi folks.

Is it possible to change the 100m distance limit when flying with the smartphone? For more, and for less?

If so how to do it?
(triend on the app but did not find)

Thank you,

Adriano.
2017-7-24
Use props
JaredD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

I don't think you can adjust that Adriano,
I was not able to adjust that value until after I connected with the Remote Control.
2017-7-24
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

i believe only when connected to the remote,
2017-7-24
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

phone's antenna aren;t that strong... please use the remote.thats why there is a limit
2017-7-24
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dji have to implement a automatic refreshing dynamic homepoint. Tracking yourself isn't possible at the moment for a distance longer than 100m from the startpoint when only a phone is connected.
Hopefully they will add this feature!
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The max flight distance and altitude can not be changed under WiFi connection. They fixed at 50 meters' height and 100 meters' distance. The only way to "change" is to switch to the Beginner Mode, then the distance and height will be limited to 30 meters.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-24 22:17
Dji have to implement a automatic refreshing dynamic homepoint. Tracking yourself isn't possible at the moment for a distance longer than 100m from the startpoint when only a phone is connected.
Hopefully they will add this feature!

Thanks for the feedback, users can now change the Homepoint to the drone's current position or the mobile device's (only when the mobile device allows GPS function) current position manually. And I'll transfer your advice to our engineers. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.

2017-7-25
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 01:09
Thanks for the feedback, users can now change the Homepoint to the drone's current position or the mobile device's (only when the mobile device allows GPS function) current position manually. And I'll transfer your advice to our engineers. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.

Thank you for transfering the request.
To set manual the homepoint every 100 meters isn't comfortable. So a dynamic HP that refreshs itself (like on the Phantom with Follow Me) would be awesome.
Also please add the Hover/Land option for Failsafe! RtH isn't the best choice for all situations. Thank you!
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-25 01:17
Thank you for transfering the request.
To set manual the homepoint every 100 meters isn't comfortable. So a dynamic HP that refreshs itself (like on the Phantom with Follow Me) would be awesome.
Also please add the Hover/Land option for Failsafe! RtH isn't the best choice for all situations. Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback, we do not have the failsafe hover/land option for Spark, But I'll also inform this to our engineer to see if it is possible to make it in the future.
2017-7-25
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

"Thanks for the feedback, users can now change the Homepoint to the drone's current position"

If the Home Point is recorded above ground - let´s say 10m up in the air - will it land on the GROUND on RTH?
2017-7-25
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2017-7-25 06:30
"Thanks for the feedback, users can now change the Homepoint to the drone's current position"

If the Home Point is recorded above ground - let´s say 10m up in the air - will it land on the GROUND on RTH?

No, it will land in the air

Sure will it land, the HP only saves the position, not the height. The height is set with takeoff.
2017-7-25
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Vietnam

If you need to track more than 100m, then take off and land so the home position is marked. Then walk 100m back and now you should have 200m active track
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules