Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans96ea6c2e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3107 ft
United States

Hi all!

Here's the setup:
OSMO PRO (running camera version 01.29.53.79, and DJI GO app version 3.1.7(613) for Android)
Focus Handwheel 2
OSMO PRO/RAW adapter cable

Here's the cable:  https://store.dji.com/product/ha ... communication-cable

Problem:  No matter what I do I can't get the handwheel to do anything, not even light up its power indicator lamp.

Anyone have any ideas?  I love the OSMO PRO and am anxious to get this working.

Thanks,
Don

2017-7-24
Use props
fans96ea6c2e
lvl.1
United States

Note:  I am running that cable directly from the focus handwheel to the OSMO jack.
2017-7-24
Use props
DonaldD
lvl.1
United States

I tried reinstalling the previous update (ver 01.03.00.40) so I could re-install the latest version again (ver 01.04.00.70).  The focus switch was in the "On" position.  The update went well.  But, the focus handwheel does not work.  See the attached update log.
2017-7-25
Use props
DonaldD
lvl.1
United States

DonaldD Posted at 2017-7-25 09:36
I tried reinstalling the previous update (ver 01.03.00.40) so I could re-install the latest version again (ver 01.04.00.70).  The focus switch was in the "On" position.  The update went well.  But, the focus handwheel does not work.  See the attached update log.[view_image]

Here's that log.
Log 1.jpg
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the experience with our product. The cable is right.
We suggest to change another cable to have a try, you can visit the nearest DJI store(http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy) to test with another cable if they have it in stock. If the cable is damaged, we will replace another one for you.
Otherwise the Focus Handwheel 2 and the cable will need to be sent to repair center for evaluation. We are sorry for the trouble caused.
2017-7-27
Use props
DonaldD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-27 01:37
Sorry for the experience with our product. The cable is right.
We suggest to change another cable to have a try, you can visit the nearest DJI store(http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy) to test with another cable if they have it in stock. If the cable is damaged, we will replace another one for you.
Otherwise the Focus Handwheel 2 and the cable will need to be sent to repair center for evaluation. We are sorry for the trouble caused.

What is the address of the nearest repair center?
2017-7-27
Use props
DonaldD
lvl.1
United States

DonaldD Posted at 2017-7-27 14:53
What is the address of the nearest repair center?

I am located in Phoenix, Arizona, USA
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DonaldD Posted at 2017-7-27 18:53
I am located in Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Donald, the official repair center is nearest for you. But you cannot visit directly, the handwheel and cable will need to be sent in by express.
Besides, there are a lot of re-sellers in Phoenix, please see if it is convenient for you to visit. I'm not sure if they can provide the cable for you to have a test.
http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2017-7-27
Use props
DonaldD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-27 23:47
Donald, the official repair center is nearest for you. But you cannot visit directly, the handwheel and cable will need to be sent in by express.
Besides, there are a lot of re-sellers in Phoenix, please see if it is convenient for you to visit. I'm not sure if they can provide the cable for you to have a test.
http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Thank you, Mindy!  Appreciate your help much!
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_PLY8YXU
New

Seychelles

Hi There

Did you manage to fix the problem? As mine is doing exactly the same, I have now tried 2 different Handwheel 2's, and 2 different cables, I have changed firmware to previous version and updated again to newest version,but no luck.
2017-11-4
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77257 ft
United States

Watching this thread closely, as I am on the verge of purchasing a Focus Handwheel 2... maybe i'll just wait to see how this turns out...
2017-12-20
Use props
fans59bfc596
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426184 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I have the same Issue from the beginning - The hand wheel does not work , not even lights up . I thought it was the cable and bought a second one. Same Issue. don't know what to dO . Bought it on Flyingeye.fr. France.
2018-1-18
Use props
djiuser_a4DtQpK
lvl.1
Philippines

I just bought my 2nd cable. After flashing firmware and still no lights up. After i turn on there is no lights coming from the focus handwheel 2. What will i do?
2018-1-23
Use props
djiuser_a4DtQpK
lvl.1
Philippines

What will i do sir / mam?
2018-1-23
Use props
djiuser_a4DtQpK
lvl.1
Philippines

Any one from the DJI can solve this problem?
2018-1-24
Use props
14jnewmy14
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452835 ft
United States

djiuser_a4DtQpK Posted at 2018-1-24 05:41
Any one from the DJI can solve this problem?

What are you using for your display? Are you using the wired adapter? Post a picture of your setup so we can see if maybe something isn't hooked up right by chance.
2018-2-7
Use props
djiuser_a4DtQpKuowUT
lvl.1
Philippines

im using samsung note 5. yes im using wired adapter.
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_LMrU2Oh0yfar
New
Switzerland

I got the same problem! just receive my hand wheel 2 today and doesn't work at all on my OsmoPro.... PLEASE, REALLY NEED THIS WHEEL!
2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_a4DtQpKuowUT
lvl.1
Philippines

Any reply from dji?
2018-3-5
Use props
Luiscadiar
New
Spain

Hi. I have the same problem. Dji Osmo Pro, Dji Focus, correct cable, and it does not work. All new. And I have to travel 70 km to change it. That is the solution that Dji offers? Where are the engineers, and the quality inspection? Thanks Dji, I see that this company is getting worse every day.
2018-3-5
Use props
Russty
New
United Kingdom

Having the exact same problems here as well. DJI Osmo Pro FocusWheel 2 and the correct cable.

Updated all firmwares, tried reinstalling the app, nothing will get it to work...

What's the best solution, has anyone managed to get theirs working?
2018-3-25
Use props
MDidon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248406 ft
  • >>>
Seychelles

have you maneg to get the focus handwheel 2 to work?
2018-4-13
Use props
fansfbe034a7
New

United States

I have the same problwm, the Focus Hand Wheel 2 will not turn on. Got it brand new from BH, it simply will not work.
2018-5-7
Use props
HALCORP
New

United States

My brand new Focus Handwheel 2 will not turn on! 329.00 seriously DJI what are tiu doing!
2018-5-7
Use props
HALCORP
New

United States

Has anyone resolved thia!
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, if you have any issues with our device, please start a new thread or reply to one of my posts directly so that I could get the notification and reply as soon as possible just in case the post is missed.
I see many of you reported Focus Handwheel doesn't work with Osmo Pro, may I know if you purchased the correct cable? Please ensure the cable's orientation is correct. GTScreenshot_20180518_163459.png
Please make sure the Power Switch is toggled to 'On'.
If the issue persists, any chance to show us a short video about the issue? Thank you very much.
2018-5-18
Use props
sbraxton
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-18 00:38
Hi all, if you have any issues with our device, please start a new thread or reply to one of my posts directly so that I could get the notification and reply as soon as possible just in case the post is missed.
I see many of you reported Focus Handwheel doesn't work with Osmo Pro, may I know if you purchased the correct cable? Please ensure the cable's orientation is correct.[view_image]

I too was having the same problem.  The Osmo Focus Wheel 2 just arrived last night, with the correct communication cable.  I'm using the wired adapter to a 10" samsung.
the quote "Please make sure the Power Switch is toggled to 'On'." really got my attention.
The On button on the focus wheel is small and easy to miss.  Turning it ON causes the light to turn on, and to work.
That step might be a nice addition to the directions.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sbraxton Posted at 2018-6-12 17:15
I too was having the same problem.  The Osmo Focus Wheel 2 just arrived last night, with the correct communication cable.  I'm using the wired adapter to a 10" samsung.
the quote "Please make sure the Power Switch is toggled to 'On'." really got my attention.
The On button on the focus wheel is small and easy to miss.  Turning it ON causes the light to turn on, and to work.

Yes, this small button is easy to be ignored, hope you have a great time on shooting.
2018-6-15
Use props
Octocott
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same for me. Focus wheel 2 came in today. Does not react on anything.
2018-6-27
Use props
fansc73009c8
lvl.2
Italy

HALCORP Posted at 5-7 05:04
Has anyone resolved thia!

I have 5 communication cables, some are 20cm some are 3m.
But only ONE OF THEM CONNECTS the X5RAW TO THE HANDWHEEL 2 and works - even the plugs are identical!

are there 2 types of communication cables on the market? Or does DJI deliver broken cables?

one with power supply one without?
2018-12-13
Use props
fansc73009c8
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-18 00:38
Hi all, if you have any issues with our device, please start a new thread or reply to one of my posts directly so that I could get the notification and reply as soon as possible just in case the post is missed.
I see many of you reported Focus Handwheel doesn't work with Osmo Pro, may I know if you purchased the correct cable? Please ensure the cable's orientation is correct.[view_image]

I have 5 communication cables, some are 20cm some are 3m. But only ONE OF THEM CONNECTS the X5RAW TO THE HANDWHEEL 2 even the plugs are identical!

are there 2 types of communication cables on the market?

one with power supply one without?
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc73009c8 Posted at 12-13 20:45
I have 5 communication cables, some are 20cm some are 3m. But only ONE OF THEM CONNECTS the X5RAW TO THE HANDWHEEL 2 even the plugs are identical!

are there 2 types of communication cables on the market?

Hi there, I have replied your post in another thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1680403
Please keep us updated in one thread, thank you.
2018-12-15
Use props
fansf5eb0802
lvl.2
Flight distance : 517448 ft
Belize

djiuser_a4DtQpK Posted at 2018-1-23 23:48
I just bought my 2nd cable. After flashing firmware and still no lights up. After i turn on there is no lights coming from the focus handwheel 2. What will i do?

Same here. Im searching for pisitive instructions on how to resolve this. My Handwheel 2 is brand new, so why won't it light up after bring properly connected?
2019-11-26
Use props
fans004de0dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Guadeloupe

hi every body , same problem . any solution ?
2019-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules