Question about the intelligent flight batteries
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rafe Hracek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9121 ft

United States

Wondering about the DJI batteries overall

1.) What is the maximum amount of time that a DJI intelligent flight battery can be fully charged until damage is done to the battery?
2017-7-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-24 17:57
I don't have a specific answer but the maximum days they will retain a full charge before auto-discharge kicks in is 10 unless you recharge them.  Personally I think allowing them to regularly sit around fully charged for 10 days is a bad idea.  I have my discharge set to just 3 days.

It helps to consider your flying habits. For example, I typically only have time to fly on the weekend, and then not Every weekend. So I set my discharge time to 7 days, which means that if I'm not flying on any one weekend, I'll have to fully recharge them for the next (should I plan to fly).
2017-7-24
Use props
fansc77a6e24
New

France

I wanted to know if it was possible to lay down the drone in order to stop the motors, save battery and continue filming ?
2017-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansc77a6e24 Posted at 2017-7-27 04:46
I wanted to know if it was possible to lay down the drone in order to stop the motors, save battery and continue filming ?

Yes, many a time I have landed my P4, stopped the motors and forgotten to stop filming. On the P4 the aircraft will finalise the video file before allowing aircraft to power down. This shows as a delay after manually switching off battery, the LEDs flash for a short time until file saved on sd card.

So the camera will record until you either stop it in DJI Go , or power down aircraft.
2017-7-27
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

They "wear out" faster if they are full charged, this starts immediately and continues until the charge is reduced, they will not actually be damaged, just that holding the charge wears them out much faster at 100% than 50%.
2017-7-27
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

fansc77a6e24 Posted at 2017-7-27 04:46

You don't need to start the motors to start recording, you don't even need to fit the props, you can also use it as a hand held gimbal if you wish.
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

If you do not use the battery for ten days or more, we recommend you to discharge the battery to 65% to extend the battery life. Please do not over-charge, as this may lead battery cell damage.
Battery Storage.png
2017-7-29
Use props
klw033
New
United States

Hello,
Is the battery charger that came with the Phantom 3 for charging the battery the same as the charger used for the Phantom 2 batteries?
Thanks
2017-8-8
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

i set mine 2days to discharge,dont let them sit around to long charged.it shortens life of battery.
2017-8-16
Use props
Welshlad
New
United Kingdom

Mine don't automatically discharge after 2 days when set in the DJI go app, 4 days on and they are still full
2017-8-20
Use props
djiuser_YF77GO9
lvl.1

United States

How wood the new firmware update damage the battery signal
2017-8-21
Use props
ANKO MG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12372 ft
Spain

Por que no descarga mi batería después de 10 días que tengo puesto en el asistente.?
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules